ADVERTISEMENT

OT: National coin shortage

As a kid visiting relatives in KCMO, they had plastic coins that were used to pay some sort of tax when using a city bus or trolley. Always came home with some.

They are going to Torture us to the Election....

Sorry Joe Biden is senile but they will get their pound of flesh:

For voting for Trump = lets go

-Pandemic - Plandemic
-Wear a mask - like a Burka - a government mandated piece of clothing in a Muslim country. lol
- Toilet paper shortage
-Meat shortage
-Lets Riot
-Coin shortage

Hold on it's going to get much worse before November - this is their plan - I can tell you right now. September is Asteroids month and crazy crazy storms.

Learn to Swim: lol

Asteroid close approach: NASA gearing up as asteroid to pass closer than the Moon

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scie...A-earth-near-earth-object-2020-astronomy-moon

Last edited:
They are going to Torture us to the Election....

Sorry Joe Biden is senile but they will get their pound of flesh:

For voting for Trump = lets go

-Pandemic - Plandemic
-Wear a mask - like a Burka - a government mandated piece of clothing in a Muslim country. lol
- Toilet paper shortage
-Meat shortage
-Lets Riot
-Coin shortage

Hold on it's going to get much worse before November - this is their plan - I can tell you right now. September is Asteroids month and crazy crazy storms.

Learn to Swim: lol

Asteroid close approach: NASA gearing up as asteroid to pass closer than the Moon

https://www.express.co.uk/news/scie...A-earth-near-earth-object-2020-astronomy-moon
Well that was certainly bizarre.

I do have one question though. When you talk about all the horrible things that "they" have in store for us, who is they?

I do have one question though. When you talk about all the horrible things that "they" have in store for us, who is they?
alens.jpg

Reactions: goru1869 and Jm0513
I look forward to meeting out alien overlords...they’re not gonna be happy when they see how we effed their property, though!

Reactions: Jm0513
At the bagel joint this morning, paid for a bacon egg and cheese bagel sandwich and a Tropicana oj with coins, let them keep the extra 7 cents

The dude said, "thanks we really need the quarters. " it was sincere too

I don’t get the coin shortage...

(a) Mints (along with many Fed. agencies) and well as the Federal Reserve and many bank were closed and/or severely understaffed for long periods due to Covid. And while this impacted new production to some extent (though there is a supply of previously minted coins) - it really mostly impacted the distribution of coins from Mint->Reserves->Banks - >Public

(b) Many of the biggest "recirculator" of existing coins in the Economy are restaurants and bars (that $0.47 change you get really adds up across the day across 900,000 bars and restaurants every day - all year long. Being closed - or reduced hours - and not wanting to handle coins.... had a HUGE impact...

(a) Mints (along with many Fed. agencies) and well as the Federal Reserve and many bank were closed and/or severely understaffed for long periods due to Covid. And while this impacted new production to some extent (though there is a supply of previously minted coins) - it really mostly impacted the distribution of coins from Mint->Reserves->Banks - >Public

(b) Many of the biggest "recirculator" of existing coins in the Economy are restaurants and bars (that $0.47 change you get really adds up across the day across 900,000 bars and restaurants every day - all year long. Being closed - or reduced hours - and not wanting to handle coins.... had a HUGE impact...
Fascinating...i can’t remember the last time I used cash, so it seem odd.

Eddie Rickenbacker saved every penny coin he ever received thru his life. It's rumored that he had $ 46,000 in pennies at the end.

Fascinating life of this man. Dropped out of school at 7th grade to be the
'bread winner' in his family when his Father dies. One of the first drivers at the first Indy 500. Eventually owned the Speedway.

Headed up the "Hat in The Ring" squadron in WW 1 and was American's leading ace of WW 1 with 69 kills. Eventually awarded The Congressional Medal of Honor. Headed up Eastern Air Lines.
Survived 24 days in a life raft in the Pacific in WW 2.

Wow, no wonder E.R. is in every story. He did everything.

Seriously, this has been a problem for our shop. Periodically we go to the bank for certain denominations of currency. But lately they just laugh at me when I ask for quarters. I did manage to get some at a bank back in Gloucester County last week, to help with the problem.

A lot more customers than I expected are forking over quarters and/or throwing their change in the tip jar (in response to the "we need quarters" sign). That helps. It also "helps" that business is way down this year so there are fewer transactions...

Wow, no wonder E.R. is in every story. He did everything.

Seriously, this has been a problem for our shop. Periodically we go to the bank for certain denominations of currency. But lately they just laugh at me when I ask for quarters. I did manage to get some at a bank back in Gloucester County last week, to help with the problem.

A lot more customers than I expected are forking over quarters and/or throwing their change in the tip jar (in response to the "we need quarters" sign). That helps. It also "helps" that business is way down this year so there are fewer transactions...

That's why I'm paying with coins at convenience stores and delis , to help them out.

Hope your sales increase this month

****And we have jackholes making foolish comments on it, SMH

Last edited:
My wife brought $314 in rolled coins to Shoprite the other day. We still have a multiple of that amount in coins as we’ve always tried to save change then use it to subsidize a vacation or something like that.

I just finished counting $114.75 in quarters today. I have them in a plastic coin counter I bought in Walmart . It's about 1/3 full. I intend on having it filled someday .NOBODY can have my quarters ! My son has the same kind of counter with all denominations in it . About $70.00 . Anybody touches his coin, they lose an arm ! My wife and I have an old Folgers container we put pennies, nickels and dimes into. A little extra cash for our vacation fund. Anybody touches my fund they lose their life !
Sounds like you need a vacation

Reactions: goru1869
We can all do our part to help these small family owned businesses by paying with coins when possible

We all have coins around our homes or in our vehicles

You probably won't feel the same way but you're a really good sport. Once we're back to normal let's get a beer.

Problem solved. I went to bank Friday and dumped my change jug in coin machine. Just missed my target, walked out with $496 cash. :Money: :MoneyBags: :Chop banana:

This should put a dent into the coin shortage

What a great and simultaneous “eff you” move on their part!! ☺️

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT