ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBA 2024-25 Season Thread

Everything changes next year (2025-2026) but this season isn't going to be very enticing for Rutgers fans.

Caleb McConne is currently unsigned after being cut by Charlotte.

Ron Harper Jr. was cut by Boston this week and expected to join their G-League team.
This would be on a normal G-League contract (approx $40k/season). Not the preferred "Two Way Contract" that he was on for the last 2 years (approx $500k/season and among first call ups to the NBA squad).

Everything changes next year (2025-2026) but this season isn't going to be very enticing for Rutgers fans.

Caleb McConne is currently unsigned after being cut by Charlotte.

Ron Harper Jr. was cut by Boston this week and expected to join their G-League team.
This would be on a normal G-League contract (approx $40k/season). Not the preferred "Two Way Contract" that he was on for the last 2 years (approx $500k/season and among first call ups to the NBA squad).
Are you sure this is correct? He seems to be listed as having made Boston’s roster

Reactions: NickRU714
No D whatsoever….wide open 3s everywhere. Very unusual for a Thibbs team, especially when they added Bridges, who looked lost. I expect Towns’ laziness to run off a bit, but Thibbs did want him and the issues were mostly on the perimeter. It will probably take little a while.
I kind of think when the Celtics are clicking, they’re going to do that to even elite defenses. They were 29/61 from 3!!!

I wound up checking btw…that was the 21st team to lose by 20+ while shooting 55%+. Surprisingly only the 4th time in the 2000s and first since 2021. You’d think it would be related to opponents bombing 3s in the modern game but this was the first time where the opponent hit more than 11 3s

I think NBA.com isn't updated.
Lonnie Walker IV was just waived and as well and he's on there.

Here is a press release from a couple days ago about RHJ.
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/10/celtics-waive-jay-scrubb-ron-harper-jr-hason-ward.html
G-League for RHJ most likely. Lonnie Walker could possibly be brought back if Boston can work out a Springer trade. The cap apron thing will be problematic for a lot of teams very soon since those superstar contracts have gone insane.

Reactions: NickRU714
I kind of think when the Celtics are clicking, they’re going to do that to even elite defenses. They were 29/61 from 3!!!

I wound up checking btw…that was the 21st team to lose by 20+ while shooting 55%+. Surprisingly only the 4th time in the 2000s and first since 2021. You’d think it would be related to opponents bombing 3s in the modern game but this was the first time where the opponent hit more than 11 3s
Exactly, the Celtics' constant ball movement and unselfish play automatically creates wide open 3s all day. They could probably play the most elite defenses in history and still get open looks all day. Most of the times when they lost last season, it was because either they slacked off on defense in the 2nd half too much, went ice cold as an entire team, or were resting starters in the final month (they could have broken the Warriors' win record if they actually wanted to). It was the same case for the playoffs, the few losses were exactly those first two factors.

That is a fake. Why is Dennis Rodman in a Spurs uniform and not playing defense?

Is every current NBA game played like an All Star game?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT