ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NBC NY Fireworks

Because I would bet most would not have a clue as to when, where and what led to the Revolutionary War. Ask them about how many original Colonies were there? About how the flag came to be. Simple questions .
I would say most people don’t have a clue. But you don’t have to wait for interviews of random people on national television to see some out of touch dunces , just subscribe to our CE board

Reactions: Kbee3 and RUBOB72
He’s from South Brunswick.
Monmouth Junction section. And it was a F450 pickup. Misinformation abound.

"SOUTH BRUNSWICK - A township man has been charged with vehicular homicide and driving while intoxicated in connection with a July 4 crash in Manhattan in which three people were killed and eight more people were injured."

"Hyden was identified by the New York Post as a substance abuse counselor and author of the book "The Sober Addict."

An Amazon.com description of the book says Hyden is a substance abuse counselor, instructor, public speaker, and wellness advocate in New York City whose mission is to use his lifelong experience with addiction to teach addicts how to save themselves and achieve long-term recovery."

Amazon Reviewers are on to him:
Arnim Zola
1.0 out of 5 stars “Killer” book
Reviewed in the United States on July 5, 2024

Not sure how effective this book is since the author, Daniel C. Hyden killed 3 people while intoxicated on 7/4/24 in Manhattan.

Monmouth Junction section. And it was a F450 pickup. Misinformation abound.

"SOUTH BRUNSWICK - A township man has been charged with vehicular homicide and driving while intoxicated in connection with a July 4 crash in Manhattan in which three people were killed and eight more people were injured."

"Hyden was identified by the New York Post as a substance abuse counselor and author of the book "The Sober Addict."

An Amazon.com description of the book says Hyden is a substance abuse counselor, instructor, public speaker, and wellness advocate in New York City whose mission is to use his lifelong experience with addiction to teach addicts how to save themselves and achieve long-term recovery."

Amazon Reviewers are on to him:
Arnim Zola
1.0 out of 5 stars “Killer” book
Reviewed in the United States on July 5, 2024

Not sure how effective this book is since the author, Daniel C. Hyden killed 3 people while intoxicated on 7/4/24 in Manhattan.

Yikes …sad story.
addiction is a terrible thing. My barber was telling me yesterday how his boss and friends want him back in alcohol rehab. Under “normal” conditions he’s double digit drinks in by lunch . Now it’s gotten worse. But the guy can still cut and shave like the best of them !
He doesn’t want to go to rehab, already been there about 15 times (sounds like some facility that is geared towards people on Medicaid). He said he doesn’t want to change and it’s at the point that even the staff and counselors there bring him in
bottles.
He just broke up with his girlfriend …who he met at rehab.

Yikes …sad story.
addiction is a terrible thing. My barber was telling me yesterday how his boss and friends want him back in alcohol rehab. Under “normal” conditions he’s double digit drinks in by lunch . Now it’s gotten worse. But the guy can still cut and shave like the best of them !
He doesn’t want to go to rehab, already been there about 15 times (sounds like some facility that is geared towards people on Medicaid). He said he doesn’t want to change and it’s at the point that even the staff and counselors there bring him in
bottles.
He just broke up with his girlfriend …who he met at rehab.
Yes, addiction is terrible. There are many functional addicts out there, who can perform their jobs at high levels while drinking (or drugging). This includes skilled laborers, barbers (as in your example), doctors, attorneys, accountants, etc. For them, it's even more difficult to break the cycle when they can function. But eventually, for most, the addictive behavior results in something tragic happening, as in this case.

The fundamental question is why would anyone watch fireworks on TV?
Like many, because I have dogs and animals that need looking after during the backyard dipsh*t displays. Nor do I feel like traveling to North Jersey or NY to see the Macy's firework display instead of my town's 10 min. low budget display. There's your fundamental answer.

The fundamental question is why would anyone watch fireworks on TV?
Oh I don't know...convenience, weather, traffic, crowd avoidance, proximity, and cost are some of the fundamental answers. The same reasons nobody has attended every single Macy's Day Parade, Rutgers football game, Super Bowl, and every other live event you can think of.

Substance Abuse Counselor? Wonderful
Lock his sorry arse in prison for 40 years.

Classic but sad… gotta believe he had a past history of substance abuse at some point.

This thread explains things. The Pittsburgh affiliate showed Macy’s from 8-9 and then 10ish-11. Showed the local fireworks from 9-10 and there were x minutes delay there for rain.

When they switched back was expecting a tape delay of the NY fireworks, and well, there weren’t.

Curious what time the actual fireworks ran considering it being darker earlier out east.

Lots of complaints

“Hey @NBC, why did we need to watch the singers vs the Macys fireworks??!!” asked a user on Threads. Worst fireworks music ever for macys this year. Bunch of people no one knows singing songs that have nothing to do with the fourth. Not showing enough fireworks,” added another user on Threads.

“I used to always watch the #MacysFireworks but I couldn’t sit through it this year,” said an X user. “I knew like 2 of the performers, meh, but then they barely show the actual fireworks. People aren’t tuning in to watch a concert. It’s called ‘Macy’s4th of JulyFireworks’ for a reason.”

Looking at NBC HR postings its a safe bet they wanted to marginalize the 4th

https://www.nbcuniversal.com/diversity-equity-inclusion

Lots of complaints

“Hey @NBC, why did we need to watch the singers vs the Macys fireworks??!!” asked a user on Threads. Worst fireworks music ever for macys this year. Bunch of people no one knows singing songs that have nothing to do with the fourth. Not showing enough fireworks,” added another user on Threads.

“I used to always watch the #MacysFireworks but I couldn’t sit through it this year,” said an X user. “I knew like 2 of the performers, meh, but then they barely show the actual fireworks. People aren’t tuning in to watch a concert. It’s called ‘Macy’s4th of JulyFireworks’ for a reason.”

Looking at NBC HR postings its a safe bet they wanted to marginalize the 4th

https://www.nbcuniversal.com/diversity-equity-inclusion
So I agree that the production sucked. But can we at least be honest. The link you posted is not NBC HR’s job postings. It links to their DEI site. You may not like that, but there’s not a single job posting to be found there, unless you move on to click on careers (which is on every other NBC page too).

Seems like selective fear mongering.

Macy’s is trying to hang on. It is not what it was in its earlier years and it will eventually come to realize it’s time to put this baby to rest. They did their best to pander to those who want to make the celebration of our Independence just another meaningless day. The production was terrible. The music was not something which brought pride to be an American on what was once a very special holiday for ALL.

All right folks, here you go, the best fireworks display of the weekend. Be safe out there!!! Also, some salty, bad language as things disintegrate:

So I agree that the production sucked. But can we at least be honest. The link you posted is not NBC HR’s job postings. It links to their DEI site. You may not like that, but there’s not a single job posting to be found there, unless you move on to click on careers (which is on every other NBC page too).

Seems like selective fear mongering.

I cant believe you even try to fudge the issue like that.

"Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is a fundamental part of our corporate strategy that funnels down to all our businesses, and their relationships with external and internal stakeholders."

If NBC site is posting its commitment to DEI then obviously they hire that way.

That's been a problem in most corporations and government agencies (Air Force told members not to say "mom and dad" because its offensive..). BlackRock forced it into many corporate boards because China told them they would have to if they wanted to do business in China. Fortunately many corporations are dropping the agenda (it originated with neo-Marxist) because it sends their operations down the toilet. Its just the old "divide and conquer" with a veneer of civil rights jargon. Its intentionally meant to do damage. Military is a zoo and enemies are pleased. A DEI military with a brain damaged CIC is more than they could have hoped for

Airlines don't want the best pilots - just the non white ones. Pretty insane.

NY Times:
"End of the All White/Male Cockpit"

Last edited:
I cant believe you even try to fudge the issue like that.

"Diversity, Equity & Inclusion is a fundamental part of our corporate strategy that funnels down to all our businesses, and their relationships with external and internal stakeholders."

If NBC site is posting its commitment to DEI then obviously they hire that way.

That's been a problem in most corporations and government agencies (Air Force told members not to say "mom and dad" because its offensive..). BlackRock forced it into many corporate boards because China told them they would have to if they wanted to do business in China. Fortunately many corporations are dropping the agenda (it originated with neo-Marxist) because it sends their operations down the toilet. Its just the old "divide and conquer" with a veneer of civil rights jargon. Its intentionally meant to do damage. Military is a zoo and enemies are pleased. A DEI military with a brain damaged CIC is more than they could have hoped for

Airlines don't want the best pilots - just the non white ones. Pretty insane.

NY Times:
"End of the All White/Male Cockpit"

Your post called the page you linked NBC’s job postings. The page you linked was, in fact, NBC’s DEI page. End of story. Who’s the one fudging the issue?

Reactions: ScarletNut
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT