ADVERTISEMENT

OT Nets?Durant?Almost maybe?

Once the Nets left NJ I stopped rooting for them. KD to Brooklyn doesn't do anything for me. Move back to Jersey and I'll start caring again. I hope they lose every game.

Always found this take interesting.

Why?
Is it because a former owner, who isn't with the team anymore, "disrespected" NJ by leaving?

Maybe they should have kept the NJ name and played in NY - like the Giants/Jets did?

Note - I went to Nets game since a kid back when it was called Brendan Byrne Arena.
Was at Jordans (2nd of 3?) last game in NJ in the 1998 playoffs. Since you have to justify your "fandom" to have a take.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Biggest question now , Wilpons or Dolan worst owner in sports ???

Everyone hates you , you have said publicly you get no joy from Knicks and you can possibly make 4 BILLION . Sell the F_€£ing team !

Why?

I'm a Jersey fan. The team is no longer in Jersey. It really is that simple for me. I'm a NJ Devils fan. If the Devils left NJ I would no longer root for them.

I don't bash anyone who still roots for the Nets. I didn't find another team either. I just lost interest in basketball. It was never a sport I really followed other than rooting for the NJ Nets.

Biggest question now , Wilpons or Dolan worst owner in sports ???

Everyone hates you , you have said publicly you get no joy from Knicks and you can possibly make 4 BILLION . Sell the F_€£ing team !
It’s definitely Dolan. It amazes me how much they screw things up. The Mets at least are the second team in a town with the greatest franchise in all of sports. They are always looking up a big brother. The Knicks are the rich kid who’s a complete douche to everyone and never amounts to anything. But they continue to be rich due to family money.

Last edited:
The Knicks are the rich kid who’s a complete douche and never amounts to anything. But they continue to be rich due to family money.

I’m a Nets fan so I don’t know how Dolan came to own the team but isn’t this the exact same description for Dolan himself?

Knicks surprisingly made the right move by passing on Durant. They are too many players away to be signing an injured 32 year old, even if is Durant. Would have rather they only went 2 years on Randle. They need to be stockpiling draft picks right now.

Wow some of you are way over the top. Did we really support them here?I am not a pro fan but I am a fan of management with a plan just like the Yankees. It is nice to see. I wish Rutgers had a plan since '76 when we should have taken football and hoops to the next level.

Knicks surprisingly made the right move by passing on Durant. They are too many players away to be signing an injured 32 year old, even if is Durant. Would have rather they only went 2 years on Randle. They need to be stockpiling draft picks right now.

Haha isn’t that what the Knicks have been doing ? They missed on Zion and now are gonna be completely empty handed at one of the biggest free agency windows of all time in the NBA while being one of 3 teams best positioned to land multiple super stars !

Knicks just cemented themselves as a circus franchise of all time magnitude.

I'm a Jersey fan. The team is no longer in Jersey. It really is that simple for me. I'm a NJ Devils fan. If the Devils left NJ I would no longer root for them.

I don't bash anyone who still roots for the Nets. I didn't find another team either. I just lost interest in basketball. It was never a sport I really followed other than rooting for the NJ Nets.

Who do you root for in the NFL?

Also, can you blame the Nets for leaving? The team went to straight trash and everyone stopped caring about them.

It’s a business.

And supposedly signing Tahj Gibson for two years! I thought all short term deals of not getting KD, Kyrie and Kahwi? What a train wreck.

The signing of Irving and Durant is as much a slap at the Knicks as it is a testament to the growth of the Nets.

I also thought Philly came away better by days end .

Who do you root for in the NFL?

Also, can you blame the Nets for leaving? The team went to straight trash and everyone stopped caring about them.

It’s a business.

I’m not really into the NFL. As a kid in South River, NJ I grew up liking the Dallas Cowboys because of Drew Pearson (who played at South River High). That and my mom is from Texas. Then when we moved to Tampa the Bucs grew on me. I wouldn’t say I’m a hardcore Cowboys or Bucs fan though. I like college football better.

I understand why they left for Brooklyn. That doesn’t mean I have to follow them there.

Here’s the attendance numbers. They got a bump when they moved to Brooklyn. Last 4 years haven’t been that much better than the NJ years before it was known they were leaving. https://www.statista.com/statistics/197965/nba-home-attendance-of-the-new-jersey-nets/

Now that KD and Irving will be a Net, the attendance will go back up.

I went to a couple of Nets games at the RAC when I was a kid....I quit rooting for them once they left.

Why?
Is it because a former owner, who isn't with the team anymore, "disrespected" NJ by leaving?

Maybe they should have kept the NJ name and played in NY - like the Giants/Jets did?

Note - I went to Nets game since a kid back when it was called Brendan Byrne Arena.
Was at Jordans (2nd of 3?) last game in NJ in the 1998 playoffs. Since you have to justify your "fandom" to have a take.

Is Chris Morris still not tieing his shoes and did Dennis Hopson ever get better? Is Keith Van Horn still soft?

I’m not really into the NFL. As a kid in South River, NJ I grew up liking the Dallas Cowboys because of Drew Pearson (who played at South River High). That and my mom is from Texas. Then when we moved to Tampa the Bucs grew on me. I wouldn’t say I’m a hardcore Cowboys or Bucs fan though. I like college football better.

I understand why they left for Brooklyn. That doesn’t mean I have to follow them there.

Here’s the attendance numbers. They got a bump when they moved to Brooklyn. Last 4 years haven’t been that much better than the NJ years before it was known they were leaving. https://www.statista.com/statistics/197965/nba-home-attendance-of-the-new-jersey-nets/

Now that KD and Irving will be a Net, the attendance will go back up.
They were trending up after the all star break. Sold out their last 7 home games and their playoff games.

I’ve had partial season plans the past few years and I noticed much better attendance on weekends than midweek (outside of marquee opponent games). Weekdays are extremely difficult for the existing fan base that resides in NJ.

That being said, they won’t have problems selling tickets moving forward, just depends on the hold out prices on the secondary market.

Smallest arena in the league (tied with Milwaukee) so even with all sellouts they won’t get much higher than 15 in attendance.

Which is fine, but does not explain wanting them to lose every game.

I used to be a Bryan Moss fan until he left NJ..its really that simple. :)

I was 8 when I left. I had no control over it. I tried to convince my mom to stay in Jersey. It didn't work. She moved us to Tampa. That killed my hockey career, lol. There was no hockey in a 900 mile radius when we moved down there. I hate Florida to this day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT