ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2024 Summer Olympics Thread

@Tango Two you must had a ton of coffee today starting 8/10 threads today. However having a single "official thread" for the Olympics is dumb. Too many events everyday. Just let people create their own threads on particular people, event, or sport.

Just trying not to clog up this board with training camp starting up.

I guess Just post Olympics on the other sports board:

Last edited:
Reactions: T2Kplus20
Perfect timing, with the Yankees tanking, now can watch anytime of the day olympic events for the next 2 weeks.
Watching Slovenia vs Denmark womens handball at 3AM, love the Olympics. Slightly unfortunate they are wearing regular shorts instead of the volleyball ones.

Last edited:
2 things:

- handball and rugby all early morning and again now!

- they have the worst website ever....way to go France!

- U.S. Men's Rugby 7's advance to quarters

- Men's Rugby 7's being played before huge crowds(from what I could tell, most crowds were sellouts and then huge stadiums at that)

- USA vs Zambia Women's Soccer...awful crowd....maybe 20% of stadium full at anthems same for several other matches I saw not including France)

Last edited:
And on official opening day in Paris, the nonsense has began. Idiots said fire to high-speed rail lines in-and-around Paris. Quite honestly, I would be stunned if this is the last bit of nonsense that happens over there. Let’s just hope that nothing they try to pull off causes anyone’s life:

There has been stories that locals and tourists have basically abandoned Paris. A lady on the news yesterday was standing on Champs Elysees and there was no one there in the middle of the day. One of the reasons the local left is fear of stuff happening.

There has been stories that locals and tourists have basically abandoned Paris. A lady on the news yesterday was standing on Champs Elysees and there was no one there in the middle of the day. One of the reasons the local left is fear of stuff happening.
Absolutely…that and Air B-n-B’ing your home.

The US needs to watch closely what is going on in Paris. I'm afraid this isn't the last issue and with the World Cup coming to multiple cities they will need to hire a lot of agents between now and then.
I'd be stunned if this is it over there and, again, let's hope nobody loses their life because of this nonsense. Also the US has its own worries coming in a couple of weeks, so "fingers crossed," but agree re: World Cup '26.

I rarely watch the local NBC news in Philadelphia as it's not that great compared to ABC and CBS in town. However I did watch their 11am show and no surprise that the glanced over the event today but used it to lead into a 10 min promotion about their upcoming coverage of the opening today.

Disgusting indeed…imagine if they had filled an Image of the hajj with fags, queens and trannies? The cries would overwhelm the news cycle. Thankfully may of my fellow homos are seeing our “community” for what it is…a vile collection of creeps and groomers…they never wanted equality…they wanted to shove their version of their lifestyle down your throat. Get used to it.

Watched like 2 minutes of the opening ceremony for the first time in years out of curiosity and turned it off, weirdest shit I’ve ever seen.

Were they always like this? I remember them being interesting or at least normal in 2008 and prior.

This has to be about the dumbest Mickey Mouse operation I've ever seen. The absolute worst I've ever seen

I will say this NBC is my customer. NBC Sports feed runs thru Englewood Cliffs and during the winter Olympics I was in their main control room....so so so cool to see every single olympic event running concurrently on every TV along with the CNBC and their other feeds.

Reactions: newell138
Im.not getting being a flag bearer on a BOAT. This is literally the dumbest shit I've ever seen...might have to give back the Statue Of Liberty on this one

@Tango Two you must had a ton of coffee starting 8/10 threads today. However having a single "official thread" for the Olympics is dumb. Too many events everyday. Just let people create their own threads on particular people, event, or sport.
This board just loves threads upon threads upon threads.

Watched like 2 minutes of the opening ceremony for the first time in years out of curiosity and turned it off, weirdest shit I’ve ever seen.

Were they always like this? I remember them being interesting or at least normal in 2008 and prior.
So you are saying that I should smoke a bowl before watching? (I have it on record)

Reactions: newell138
With that said at bar and Yankees-Sox on tv next to olympics and Judge kit a BOMMMMMB dead center just under scoreboard

Not sure why Snoop Dog does one of the last torch carry legs near Paris.
I only remember him for Mardi Gras flasher vid commercials at 2am.
He works that "fish out of water" category (urban rapper with Martha Stewart etc)

US shot putter Raven Saunders wants "they" as pronouns ("Exorcist" vibe) . "They" wear masks. Lots of mutating in these Olympics

i5YZI8Y.jpeg

Reactions: bac2therac
Cool opening ceremony with the boats. I wonder how many athletes dropped their phones in the Seine River ?

Last edited:
Thought it was fantastic. The athletes floating down the Seine under all those bridges was genius - way more interesting than folks filing into a big stadium and you could see how much fun they were all having despite the rain. Thought the musical performances were great and loved how they weaved French culture - art, fashion, music, food, architecture and more - into the ceremonies. Paris is probably my favorite place I've ever been on this planet and the City of Light shone brightly tonight. And no surprise that bac and a few of the usual suspects found something to be offended by.

Last edited:
Not sure why Snoop Dog does one of the last torch carry legs near Paris.
I only remember him for Mardi Gras flasher vid commercials at 2am.
He works that "fish out of water" category (urban rapper with Martha Stewart etc)

US shot putter Raven Saunders wants "they" as pronouns ("Exorcist" vibe) . "They" wear masks. Lots of mutating in these Olympics

i5YZI8Y.jpeg
Yeah totally lost on Snoop Dog thing - seems so random. is he huge in France or something?

Reactions: ashokan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT