ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Oklahoma WR thrown a beating

Looks like they might have picked a fight with a couple wrestlers at OU. A takedown on the football player, then the football players buddy is rag dolled into the wall.

video shows a tweet saying the two guys were not wrestlers but were brothers and have been doing MMA cage fighting since 12 years old. He claims they had "no choice".. but a push with teh guy walking away is not exactly worthy of an all-out assualt... I think the "MMA" brother is in trouble.. choke hold used too.. basically making the football player unable to defend himself.

Reactions: BLewis1968
Clearly no choice. He was pushed by one guy so he punches the other guy in the face. Fighting in the men’s room. Guess they all struck out at the bars.

Reactions: batts
MMA guys seemed to be looking for it. The one that beat the player should be in big trouble unless more prefight video comes out, it seems he attacked the player without the player initiating physical contact. Both bros use textbook MMA moves, hope they go to jail.

Reactions: batts
Must be all sorts of fun to roll around in a men’s room with random piss all over the floor. Cool bro!

The one thing I don't miss a out college is dudes always looking for fights in bars.

MMA guys seemed to be looking for it. The one that beat the player should be in big trouble unless more prefight video comes out, it seems he attacked the player without the player initiating physical contact. Both bros use textbook MMA moves, hope they go to jail.
Yes I've been surprised by the reaction online that the shorter guys are heros for "defending" themselves. We don't see what initially led to the altercation, but the one guy already has blood? Also who the hell recorded this? You're going to just ramdomly start recording two guys yelling at each other because it might end up being some wild fight .... in a men's bathroom? Doesn't add up to me.

I'm very confused.

So if a guy physically touches me (pushes), I'm not supposed to retaliate?
Especially against some guy much bigger?

Here's a rule - dont push someone if you aren't looking to get into a fight.
Not everyone is going to be scared of you just because you a big fancy college WR.

love the guy that just kind of calmly steps over the guys on the floor without spilling his beer. Respect.
They are going crazy on Reddit with this. The consensus is the football players who are bigger than both the brothers are at fault and got the beating they deserved. Also to your observation about the guy with beer he is getting mad respect too!

Reactions: RUBama21
I'm very confused.

Not everyone is going to be scared of you just because you a big fancy college WR.
I want to see the 5 minutes that happened before this video starts.

If I'm talking to 2 guys and my buddy comes over and shoves one of them 2 things should be expected:
1. About to get into a fight with the other guys

2. I beat the crap out of my friend later for starting the fight

The smaller guy who delivered the beating had blood on his nose apparently. So, something happened before the filming started. Love the comment about the football player "not being able to defend himself". Isn't that what you want to do in a fight? Or should you allow the other guy to hit you?

I'm curious as to why the article didn't mention that a "former RU quarterback" who had barely stepped on campus was involved in a completely unrelated incident at a bar a few years back.

I was under the impression that any football players getting into a scuffle required the RU mention....

I'm very confused.

If I pushed you, you would have the right to defend yourself and hit me but apparently that's not what happened. The guy who got pummeled and nearly lost an eye did not push anyone. His friend did. So if my friend pushes you and I'm just standing there, would you have the right to beat the crap out of me?

Reactions: Pils86 and tom1944
If I pushed you, you would have the right to defend yourself and hit me but apparently that's not what happened. The guy who got pummeled and nearly lost an eye did not push anyone. His friend did. So if my friend pushes you and I'm just standing there, would you have the right to beat the crap out of me?

Maybe not.
But, I'll put it the other way.

If you are having a confrontation with 2 guys and your friend comes over and pushes one of them, all 4 of you are getting into it.

It looks like something happened before - like one of the MMA guys was punched in the nose drawing blood and he's contemplating doing a Ghandi vs. committing an ass-kicking.

People are confusing defending yourself with defending your pride. If a guy shoves you, yes you can turn around and walk away. The only thing that has been hurt, if you let it, is your pride. It's not always easy being the bigger man and takes some along time to learn it.

People are confusing defending yourself with defending your pride. If a guy shoves you, yes you can turn around and walk away. The only thing that has been hurt, if you let it, is your pride. It's not always easy being the bigger man and takes some along time to learn it.
It looks like he got punched in the nose first though. Maybe some other video will come out.

As a guy with some experience (BJJ). Once the fighter had his back it was game over. I can tell you that guy knew he couldn't complete that RNC once he had his back because you get in A LOT of trouble if you're even like a blue belt and you fight some random guy on the street. He could've put him to sleep but let him go, he then was just holding back his arm so he wouldn't punch him while on the ground. Those punches he is tossing wouldn't even make him flinch. He clowned on him, was just trying to let him punch himself out then get out of the picture IMO.

That friend with the hip toss was the true hero though. That was gold.

I can never understand the “cameraman”. Kids today would let someone get beat to death and the only finger they would lift would be to hit the record button.
I don’t know about Oklahoma but in Jersey the two brothers would have some serious legal fees and probably some jail time.
Thanks too.... the cameraman!
Any descent MMA fighter with 12 years experience hands and feet have to be considered lethal weapons. To give someone a total beat down? They could have put them in a sleeper and just walked away.

Last edited:
Maybe not.
But, I'll put it the other way.

If you are having a confrontation with 2 guys and your friend comes over and pushes one of them, all 4 of you are getting into it.

I see your point. If it looks to be a melee between 4 combatants, maybe there was some justification for throwing the first punch. Since the guy who threw the punch had blood across the bridge of his nose, that may be the case.

Loved this. Goes to show you, keep your mouth shut. You never know what you’re up against. Oh and don’t fight a wrestler...ever 😉

From this video I don’t understand anyone defending the football player (dark jacket). He is taunting the smaller guy that is turned away from him and while one of the 2 is calling the smaller guy a bitch the football player sticks his middle finger in the smaller guys face twice before his friend shoved him. He started what is shown on this video, the brothers finished it.

Not an attorney but if you are the average person and you administer a beat down like that you might have a self defense case but I doubt it..If your a trained fighter and you do that? I’m sure the Judge will not be that forgiving.

The MMA guys took it too far. That being said, if you watch the video, right after the push the receiver steps into/towards the guy who was just pushed. It’s subtle but it could be interpreted as an aggressive move.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT