ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Otis Taylor Dead at 80

RUhasarrived

All American
May 7, 2007
What is going on today?People are dropping off of the Earth way too soon.

The HOF Chiefs' wide receiver took over as the AFL's top wideout after injuries slowed down Lance Alworth.

His "Chinese fire drill" TD catch and run in Super Bowl IV will be replayed as long as the Super Bowl continues.

The HOF Chiefs' wide receiver took over as the AFL's top wideout after injuries slowed down Lance Alworth.

His "Chinese fire drill" TD catch and run in Super Bowl IV will be replayed as long as the Super Bowl continues.
You want to hear something shocking? My man Otis is not in the Hall of Fame. A total injustice.

For the longest time I assumed he was too in the HOF, but found out recently, nope.

Taylor actually lived longer than the average males life expectancy in the US. It is unfortunately the reality of life. The same for Jesus Alou who also reached age 80. No different than what has occurred for years. At some point we all will die.

That Chiefs team was stacked on both sides of the ball. The talent on defense was ridiculous. RIP Otis.

RiP Otis!
I remember your greatness well.
Just another of the great All Pros and Hall of Famers who came from a traditional Black college.

People and semi famous people die every day. This board has a fixation ont that for some reason. Shrug

People and semi famous people die every day. This board has a fixation ont that for some reason. Shrug
Actually it appears that those questioning dying at 80+ are in disbelief about what falls within the norm ; especially since out of control obesity , covid ,drugs and rampant violence all around helps to lower what was once 83 years for women and 78 years for men. Oh if Eve had only not eaten that damn apple.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Actually it appears that those questioning dying at 80+ are in disbelief about what falls within the norm ; especially since out of control obesity , covid ,drugs and rampant violence all around helps to lower what was once 83 years for women and 78 years for men. Oh if Eve had only not eaten that damn apple.
I'd rather we get fixated on birthdays - not deaths. I get it's news but this web site looks like a forum for funeral directors - not Rutgers sports.

(Though over the last 50 years RU Sports hasn't show much life either. HA!)

I'd rather we get fixated on birthdays - not deaths. I get it's news but this web site looks like a forum for funeral directors - not Rutgers sports.

Hey I agree totally. In all the years posting here we never saw people seem to not understand one important part of life. We all will someday have to face that reality of death . It is sad but with the advent of social media we see this type of postings more and more. These recent ones all were around the average age. The one that bothered me was the passing of Ryan Keeler at a young age.Still waiting to hear how that happened to such a young athlete.

Wait until you are older than many of these people that are dieing. It is tough to read but
what the hell, it's better than vice versa.

Reactions: RUScrew85
You want to hear something shocking? My man Otis is not in the Hall of Fame. A total injustice.

For the longest time I assumed he was too in the HOF, but found out recently, nope.
Man there need to be an investigation 😡

Reactions: Ronnie_B
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT