ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Penn State’s OC

Mr_Twister

Heisman Winner
Apr 1, 2004
Worth noting that Penn State’s offensive coordinator, Andy Kotelnicki, is a Lance Leipold protege.
Mentioning Leipold at this site always nettles many contributors here.

“One thing that Kotelnicki has proven in his time as an offensive coordinator is that there’s more than one way to have a successful offense.”

Read more at: https://www.centredaily.com/sports/...-football/article282556293.html#storylink=cpy

Last edited:
Moving to a P5 conference didn't translate too well for ole Lance. Shame! 😂

Leipold's name shouldn't get RU fans upset, making Perv St look good will do that and it would be righteous Indignation at that.

Moving to a P5 conference didn't translate too well for ole Lance. Shame! 😂
actually Lance isn't doing bad in his attempt to turn around a program that was 9-60 under the previous 2 HCs.
2024 Big 12 Football Media Preseason Poll

1. Utah (20)906
2. Kansas State (19)889
3. Oklahoma State (14)829
4. Kansas (5)772
5. Arizona (3)762
6. Iowa State661
7. West Virginia581
8. UCF551
9. Texas Tech532
10. TCU436
11. Colorado400
12. Baylor268
13. BYU215
14. Cincinnati196
15. Houston157
16. Arizona State141
First-place votes in parenthesis.
Lance Leipold first 3 seasons shown a lot of progress moving from a terrible program into a pretty good one
The Jayhawks were 9-4 last season
His first year proved a bad one 2-10 , improved to 6-7 his second year
Lance's third ended with #23 in the AP rankings

Last edited:
actually Lance isn't doing bad in his attempt to turn around a program that was 9-60 under the previous 2 HCs.

1. Utah (20)906
2. Kansas State (19)889
4. Kansas (5)772
5. Arizona (3)762
6. Iowa State661
7. West Virginia581
8. UCF551
9. Texas Tech532
10. TCU436
11. Colorado400
12. Baylor268
13. BYU215
14. Cincinnati196
15. Houston157
16. Arizona State141
Lance Leipold first 3 seasons shown a lot of progress moving from a terrible program into a pretty good one
His first year proved a bad one 2-10 , improved to 6-7 his second year
He is no Football Jesus as others who have a love affair with him keep harping on. He might be an Apostle's relative!? 😁

1. Utah (20)906
2. Kansas State (19)889
4. Kansas (5)772
5. Arizona (3)762
6. Iowa State661
7. West Virginia581
8. UCF551
9. Texas Tech532
10. TCU436
11. Colorado400
12. Baylor268
13. BYU215
14. Cincinnati196
15. Houston157
16. Arizona State141
His first year proved a bad one 2-10 , unproved to 6-7 his second year
LL has done amazing stuff there. They ended last season in the rankings. People don’t realize how horrid they were In the decade before he got there. It’s as bad a situation as you’ll find. I’ve mentioned this stuff here before. They averaged less than 2 wins over that decade and were last in scoring and offense over that decade too iirc…or some stat along those lines. They were still suffering form schollie balancing issues dating back to Weis which is crazy and Miles left in a controversy. What he’s done there is nothing short of miraculous. It’s Kansas so there’s a limit to what they can achieve but he’s achieved about as much as you can expect from Kansas.

He beat OU and Texas too, things they hadn’t done in quite some time. With those two gone though, who knows Kansas may be able to do even a little more.

As far as AK, I’ve mentioned a few times I’m very curious to see how he does with more talent at PSU. I’ve liked his use of misdirection and motion and “eye candy” as they say. With the speed and talent PSU has at some skill positions, that can lead to the explosive plays they’re been lacking. In game 1 at least, it looked pretty good on that front.

LL has done amazing stuff there. They ended last season in the rankings. People don’t realize how horrid they were In the decade before he got there. It’s as bad a situation as you’ll find. I’ve mentioned this stuff here before. They averaged less than 2 wins over that decade and were last in scoring and offense over that decade too iirc…or some stat along those lines. They were still suffering form schollie balancing issues dating back to Weis which is crazy and Miles left in a controversy. What he’s done there is nothing short of miraculous. It’s Kansas so there’s a limit to what they can achieve but he’s achieved about as much as you can expect from Kansas.

He beat OU and Texas too, things they hadn’t done in quite some time. With those two gone though, who knows Kansas may be able to do even a little more.

As far as AK, I’ve mentioned a few times I’m very curious to see how he does with more talent at PSU. I’ve liked his use of misdirection and motion and “eye candy” as they say. With the speed and talent PSU has at some skill positions, that can lead to the explosive plays they’re been lacking. In game 1 at least, it looked pretty good on that front.
PSU's offense was very good yesterday, I hate to say. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: rutgersguy1

Until I read that post, I liked you. 😜

QywdZON.jpeg

Reactions: GillesDeleuze
Worth noting that Penn State’s offensive coordinator, Andy Kotelnicki, is a Lance Leipold protege.
Mentioning Leipold at this site always nettles many contributors here.

“One thing that Kotelnicki has proven in his time as an offensive coordinator is that there’s more than one way to have a successful offense.”

Read more at: https://www.centredaily.com/sports/...-football/article282556293.html#storylink=cpy
Ok. Thanks. Is there anything else you would like us to read about PSU?

R worse fears came true this weekend. PSU has a legit OC that will call an open, explosive game with the talent they have on offense. Back in 2015 when we choked that game away i saw what was happening with R program and said we wouldn't beat them in at least 10 years, probably need to add some years to that....

R worse fears came true this weekend. PSU has a legit OC that will call an open, explosive game with the talent they have on offense. Back in 2015 when we choked that game away i saw what was happening with R program and said we wouldn't beat them in at least 10 years, probably need to add some years to that....
They did look good against WVU but can’t read too much into one game. Have to prove it by being consistent plus we don’t play them this year.

If he’s good, he could be hired away as well so I won’t worry about the future too much. What will be will be.

not worst fears.
Rutgers has been losing to them perverts for years, good OC or not so good.
Rutgers needs to start winning before fearing the pervs will have an OC that will find a way to beat RU.

They did look good against WVU but can’t read too much into one game. Have to prove it by being consistent plus we don’t play them this year.

If he’s good, he could be hired away as well so I won’t worry about the future too much. What will be will be.
Whoever does the hiring at PSU has provided Franklin with a lot of help over the years. IIRC, they fired his chosen assistants when he first got there and replaced them as needed ever since.

Whoever does the hiring at PSU has provided Franklin with a lot of help over the years. IIRC, they fired his chosen assistants when he first got there and replaced them as needed ever since.
I don't know about any of that but when AK got hired, I thought it was a good one that had potential. Didn't see him at Buffalo but watched Kansas over the last few years. The way he used motion, options, misdirection to disguise things was fun to watch and he had to do it at times with semi-frequent qb injuries, even down to the 3rd stringer once IIRC. They were still decently to quite productive. Now you add in the mix of speed and talent that PSU has and it has the potential to be a dangerous offense.

The principles remind me of Mike Leach in a way. The offenses don't look the same at all but the premises of keeping things simple and spreading out the defense and getting space, making it work with less talent etc.. is similar imo.

Reactions: Knight Shift
So those assistants didn’t have Jerry Sandusky’s staying power?

And they wouldnt give out contract extensions and raises for 3-conference-win seasons, which is why they never have them. He says “stretch the field”. Totally foreign concept. I watch Rutgers games. What does that mean?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT