ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Possible NCAA Investigation into Michigan Scouting Opponents.

Bottom line- too much going on underneath JH for there not to be a lack of inst. control
No Coach or AD anywhere survives this.
I am hoping the NFL also does what they did to Pryer and Tressel and hold to any suspension that may be handed down.

But with everything we now see- I think they are pretty much forced to act quick and harsh.
And then, I know the B1G is looking at $ and rep and the NCAA has no f-ing balls

Bottom line- too much going on underneath JH for there not to be a lack of inst. control
No Coach or AD anywhere survives this.
I am hoping the NFL also does what they did to Pryer and Tressel and hold to any suspension that may be handed down.

But with everything we now see- I think they are pretty much forced to act quick and harsh.
And then, I know the B1G is looking at $ and rep and the NCAA has no f-ing balls
Good points . At the very least it’s lack of control. But let’s be honest, if harbaugh didn’t know he is incompetent . Of course he knew
I got no idea about suspensions or penalties. So many factors and money involved. Fox spots is going to Be consulted

Reactions: yesrutgers01

Michigan football staffer fired after allegedly trying to meet up with 13-year-old girl​

Published Nov. 3, 2023, 3:39 p.m. ET

The University of Michigan has confirmed it parted ways with football staffer Alex Yood after a video surfaced in September in which two men confronted Yood over accusations that he solicited an encounter with a 13-year-old girl.​

• Wow
Reactions: RUTGERS95
Thamel thinks some action will be taken in the next 48-72 hours (from yesterday).

Then a rumor on mgoblog posted that Harbaugh will be suspended indefinitely on Monday and Michigan will fight and ask for a stay. Who knows if true or not but Thamel mentioning some action happening soon makes it plausible.

Then a rumor on mgoblog posted that Harbaugh will be suspended indefinitely on Monday and Michigan will fight and ask for a stay. Who knows if true or not but Thamel mentioning some action happening soon makes it plausible.
As posted in the other thread, a connected Michigan guy on tMB says the same thing...

Suspended indefinitely tomorrow.

Reactions: Knight Shift
As posted in the other thread, a connected Michigan guy on tMB says the same thing...

Suspended indefinitely tomorrow.
For me, the Thamel comment gives it a little credibility.

The only action that I thought might be realistic to actually happen in real time was a Harbaugh suspension but they can fight that so who knows if it’ll work anyway. It at least gives the impression action was taken from the B10’s standpoint. I don’t expect any on the field stuff like bowl bans or champ game bans or CFP bans etc. in real time or in the future.

Reactions: Plum Street
Suspended for what exactly ? Cheating?
And the wins you gained by cheating are allowed to stand ? This is nothing more than a slap on the wrist

If you want to laugh go to MGoblue.com forums. Their fans have lost their minds. Suggestions include if JM is suspended joining the Ivy League, joining the ACC, suing the league, dropping dirt on OSU, etc. They seem to think that OSU is orchestrating this and they are an innocent victim and the league is OSU biased. Priceless.

Regardless of what the Big Ten or NCAA decides to do to Harbaugh, if Michigan allows him to continue as HC next year, Michigan will lose the respect of the other Big Ten schools/fans and of college football fans in general. In order to protect their institutional reputation, Northwestern saw fit to get rid of Fitzgerald stating that, as head of the program, he should have known about the hazing going on there. How can Michigan do any less in this circumstance?

Last edited:
Regardless of what the Big Ten or NCAA decides to do to Harbaugh, if Michigan allows him to continue as HC next year, Michigan will lose the respect of the other Big Ten schools/fans and of college football fans in general. In order to protect their institutional reputation, Northwestern saw fit to get rid of Fitzgerald stating that, as head of the program, he should have known about the hazing going on there. How can Michigan do any less in this circumstance?
just win baby

what that means is your post is full idealistic and wishful thinking. No one cares

sadly

Reactions: Plum Street
NW if I recall correctly actually tried to keep Fitz and give him a two week suspension before training camp started during the time of year most coaches are on vacation anyway. If I recall they dropped the news right before the 4th of July holiday hoping it would go unnoticed. It was only after their student newspaper picked up on this and ran the story were they forced to fire Fitz.
UM's mindset is entirely different. They don't see what the problem is or how it pertains to JH. Rumor has it that Petiti asked them to suspend JH on their own over the weekend for two games and their president told him to go scratch. All indications are from their board that they will fight any in season discipline and are prepared to go to the mat for JH.

Last edited:
NW if I recall correctly actually tried to keep Fitz and give him a two week suspension before training camp started during the time of year most coaches are on vacation anyway. If I recall they dropped the news right before the 4th of July holiday hoping it would go unnoticed. It was only after their student newspaper picked up on this and ran the story were they forced to fire Fitz.
UM's mindset is entirely different. They don't see what the problem is or how it pertains to JH. Rumor has it that Petiti asked them to suspend JH on their own over the weekend for two games and their president to him to go scratch. All indications are from their board that they will fight any in season discipline and are prepared to go to the mat for JH.
michigan is like psu, putting football above all else

between this and the pedo using michigan resources, where is the institutional control?

Reactions: cicero grimes
michigan is like psu, putting football above all else

between this and the pedo using michigan resources, where is the institutional control?
We like to crack jokes about the $EC, win at any cost mindset. But if we’re being honest, the B1G has had way more institutional embarrassment over the last decade plus. Look at the toxicity within PSU/Sandusky, MSU/Tucker/Nassar, UM/sign-stealing, OSU/wrestling abuse allegations, NW/Fitzgerald hazing, Maryland/Durkin. Hell, didn’t Iowa even have some recent racism allegations?

Lots of institutional control concerns to go around the conference.

How hard is this to figure out
It’s not. It was obviously him. It doesn’t take more than a day to figure out who it was if it was someone that was actually suppose to be there. Easy to identify by other coaches or just the person himself volunteering that was me.

Now it’s more about the how and who was involved from CMU. I doubt it was McElwain but I could seee it being assistants or support staff.

We like to crack jokes about the $EC, win at any cost mindset. But if we’re being honest, the B1G has had way more institutional embarrassment over the last decade plus. Look at the toxicity within PSU/Sandusky, MSU/Tucker/Nassar, UM/sign-stealing, OSU/wrestling abuse allegations, NW/Fitzgerald hazing, Maryland/Durkin. Hell, didn’t Iowa even have some recent racism allegations?

Lots of institutional control concerns to go around the conference.
100%

it's ridiculous

If you want to laugh go to MGoblue.com forums. Their fans have lost their minds. Suggestions include if JM is suspended joining the Ivy League, joining the ACC, suing the league, dropping dirt on OSU, etc. They seem to think that OSU is orchestrating this and they are an innocent victim and the league is OSU biased. Priceless.
Have they called it a witch hunt yet ?

It’s not. It was obviously him. It doesn’t take more than a day to figure out who it was if it was someone that was actually suppose to be there. Easy to identify by other coaches or just the person himself volunteering that was me.

Now it’s more about the how and who was involved from CMU. I doubt it was McElwain but I could seee it being assistants or support staff.
The advice any competent lawyer would give UM in a situation where the facts (and law) are most likely against you is to drag it out and slow walk it through discovery. UM feels they can win a natty this year and imho will do anything to protect that chance. They do not want any decision during the season that may reflect negatively upon them. Lose to both PSU and OSU and I bet this gets resolved very quickly with a self imposed suspension of JH and bowl ban for 2023. Beat those teams and they will take any penalty during the season to court and try to drag it out past the playoff.

The advice any competent lawyer would give UM in a situation where the facts (and law) are most likely against you is to drag it out and slow walk it through discovery. UM feels they can win a natty this year and imho will do anything to protect that chance. They do not want any decision during the season that may reflect negatively upon them. Lose to both PSU and OSU and I bet this gets resolved very quickly with a self imposed suspension of JH and bowl ban for 2023. Beat those teams and they will take any penalty during the season to court and try to drag it out past the playoff.
I'd fire them if they were my client.

Michigan football staffer fired after allegedly trying to meet up with 13-year-old girl​

Published Nov. 3, 2023, 3:39 p.m. ET

The University of Michigan has confirmed it parted ways with football staffer Alex Yood after a video surfaced in September in which two men confronted Yood over accusations that he solicited an encounter with a 13-year-old girl.​

Article casually glazes over, "Shakur was later killed in an unrelated incident." Umm... WTF?

That is why you are in a different area of law...The lawyers they are using make their living off scumbags willing to pay out their asses to delay any sort of findings or determination.
IDK about that. Years ago, we had a prospective client with a lot of potential business ask if we could revive an abandoned intellectual property matter. There are rules for this, and in certain circumstances, you can't revive an abandoned matter. They intimated that if we wanted to work for them, we would file the paperwork to revive the matter. We replied by saying that we did not want to work for them that badly and good luck with their fraud (well not, that word, but that was the end). Integrity matters to us, and yes, there are far fewer scumbags in our line of work, but they seem to be everywhere.
This guy wanted to get a patent on how to video tape opponents' signs from the opposing sidelines by using an intricate scheme of disguises. Think the guy's first name was Connor or something. 🤷‍♂️

breaking bad attorney GIF

• Haha
And the plot thickens lol. Goodness. Like I said , it's doubtful Michigan was the only one doing this and for sure others are. Helmet communication next year please.

LOL

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT