ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Restaurant Recommendations for Ocean Grove & Vicinity

new jersey1

Senior
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2005
Going to a B&B in Ocean Grove. Looking for recommendations for lunch and dinner in Ocean Grove or surrounding areas (Asbury Park, Bradley Beach). Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Seagrass in OG is my favorite. Moonstruck is open again, but with a limited menu. Always love Vic's. Fins in BB is good for a quick lunch if you are coming off the beach in your bathing suit. I've never been, but my dad likes Marendola's in BB.

Moonstruck is popular, but don't get the appeal. Similar thing with Brando's on Main Street- highly rated, but our last meal there was not good. For the quintessential but not fancy Asbury Park breakfast/lunch, Frank's Deli on Main St.

Another interesting place (especially if you have kids) is Sunset Diner on Sunset Ave. Kids used to love feeding the ducks after breakfast/lunch.

Plenty of threads on AP and restaurants, although don't go to the Beer-Beach thread unless you want to gouge your own eyes out, lol. We just spent the day there about a week ago and went to a bar/restaurant with the best view (and pretty good bar/pub food) in town, the Sea Horse, which is right on the pier that houses Convention Hall, so the view is spectacular. It's not fancy, but they have great drinks, good staff, and they play great music (very eclectic mix). While there are better restaurants, it's still great for what it is. With regard to restaurants, we're partial to Talula, Porta, Stella, Pop's Garage and Brickwall Tavern. And the Wonder Bar has the best burger and fries in town, IMO.

Reactions: new jersey1
Brickwall is out of business. Unfortunate as they were one of the first big restaurants getting people back to Asbury.

Brickwall is out of business. Unfortunate as they were one of the first big restaurants getting people back to Asbury.
Damn shame, hadn't heard that - we went there a bunch back when it opened (2005 iirc) and there weren't too many places before then, which is why we often ate Wonder Bar burgers and fries back in the 80s/90s, lol...

What type are you looking for? Pagano’s in Bradley has good Italian and entertainment at their bar outback on weekends. Avon pavilion on the boardwalk is BYOB and has a surprisingly good menu. Citricos and Marandola in BB are good. I would avoid Iron Whale in Asbury it is way overpriced. La terazza on Ocean Ave in Belmar is good. Very good New Orleans food in Avon at Clementine’s.

Plenty of threads on AP and restaurants, although don't go to the Beer-Beach thread unless you want to gouge your own eyes out, lol. We just spent the day there about a week ago and went to a bar/restaurant with the best view (and pretty good bar/pub food) in town, the Sea Horse, which is right on the pier that houses Convention Hall, so the view is spectacular. It's not fancy, but they have great drinks, good staff, and they play great music (very eclectic mix). While there are better restaurants, it's still great for what it is. With regard to restaurants, we're partial to Talula, Porta, Stella, Pop's Garage and Brickwall Tavern. And the Wonder Bar has the best burger and fries in town, IMO.
Brickwall is changing the name and menu ownership remains the same. They knew it needed an update.

Last edited:
Moonstruck is popular, but don't get the appeal. Similar thing with Brando's on Main Street- highly rated, but our last meal there was not good. For the quintessential but not fancy Asbury Park breakfast/lunch, Frank's Deli on Main St.

Another interesting place (especially if you have kids) is Sunset Diner on Sunset Ave. Kids used to love feeding the ducks after breakfast/lunch.
We like the Asbury Festhalle & Biergarten. For dude who asked it's right on the border of Asbury and Ocean Grove you can walk. Brought some German friends and even they were surprised how good the wienerschnitzel was. I never even knew what it was till I had it there, I thought it was some type of German sausage,

Reactions: Knight Shift
We like the Asbury Festhalle & Biergarten. For dude who asked it's right on the border of Asbury and Ocean Grove you can walk. Brought some German friends and even they were surprised how good the wienerschnitzel was. I never even knew what it was till I had it there, I thought it was some type of German sausage,
Do they have spaetzle?
Fun place. It's been a while since we have been there.

Brickwall is changing the name and menu ownership remains the same. They knew it needed an update.

Ahh didn't know that. Just when I walked by it was all painted and they had a new name. It didn't even look like a restaurant anymore.

Brickwall is now “Homesick “. Small plates type place. Haven’t been yet, nor have I heard anything about it.

If you want a BYOB Pizzeria that makes the best and I mean best Chicken Franchise I've ever had anywhere, then go to Federico's in Belmar. We are off to Monmouth Park, just for a couple of races, free entry and parking, then off to Federico's for takeout. My son and I always order the Chicken Franchise and my wife loves, loves, loves their Seafood Fra Diavolo.http://federicospizza.com/

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
If you want a BYOB Pizzeria that makes the best and I mean best Chicken Franchise I've ever had anywhere, then go to Federico's in Belmar. We are off to Monmouth Park, just for a couple of races, free entry and parking, then off to Federico's for takeout. My son and I always order the Chicken Franchise and my wife loves, loves, loves their Seafood Fra Diavolo.http://federicospizza.com/
tenor.gif

Reactions: RUfinally2008
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT