ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Art Bell

RUJohnny99

Hall of Famer
Nov 7, 2003
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/...who-tuned-in-to-the-dark-side-dies-at-72.html

Surprised no one posted this. I discovered Art in the late 90s, and late nights were fun listening to his unscreened open line callers after coming home from the bar. Mel's hole, the man who shot bigfoot, and the pilot over Area 51 were classics.

My favorite part was Art's egging callers on with the inquisitive "REALLY????" to squeeze more info out of them. You could tell the man didn't buy any of it, but he was an entertainer.

Fittingly, he died on Friday the 13th.

Reactions: cicero grimes
I enjoyed his show as well. Did a lot of overnight drives back in the 90's and Art was great company.

Reactions: RUaMoose
I slipped up on this one.

Noory is going to have a tribute show tonight.It'll be available on You Tube tomorrow on Conflict Radio.

I can't believe Noory is still hosting. I would have thought he ran the show into the ground years ago.

yes this flew under the radar..thanks for posting...RIP Art Bell....those nights out in the plow truck listening to this on WCTC

loved when they had callers talking about the Rods and the shadow people...they finally got em

I was never into the aliens or the remote viewing stuff but his shows with Malachi Martin were great. Bell was the Boris Karloff of radio.

NwRQGGi.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: cicero grimes
I slipped up on this one.

Noory is going to have a tribute show tonight.It'll be available on You Tube tomorrow on Conflict Radio.

Can you post it here?

Used to like to listen to Art...put me to sleep many nights.

Been awhile since I heard Noori...my fiancée doesn't like it...and currently I'm in her house.

RIP Art...

MO

Mo,just go to You Tube,type in conflict radio coast to coast am.It's the third video from the top.

On the tribute show Thursday night Art details how he and his wife loved to RV. They loved to drive at night and sleep during the day. He described how he and his wife, Ramona, were deeply in love and fell asleep after driving all night arm in arm. He woke up the next day to find her not in bed but sitting on the couch with her head laid back and dead. He often had to call in a replacement for his show at the last minute because of her health problems with asthma. I enjoyed his normal topic shows, not the weird stuff. RIP

Fan of Art and of Coast To Coast. Love all the Paulides stuff in particular. Sigh. RIP Mr. Bell.

As I now work in Pahrump, this was huge news. The man put that town on the map, on Earth and elsewhere ...

Reactions: DirtyRU
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT