ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RiP Jerry West at 86

Great guy. One hell of an athlete even at an advanced age. Still holds the record for the lowest back nine at our club, Name a player and they’ve gone though there. He was that good.

RIP

If you have any interest in the NBA from the late 70s to the mid 80s then you will absolutely love "Winning TIme" on HBO Max.

Very entertaining and an excellent cast! Jerry West was portrayed as an executive/coach who was maniacal about winning.

Awful news. RIP! But how are his kids, in-laws, and various relations doing?
Since you asked: he has 5 sons, three with first wife. Eldest is named David after his older brother who died in Korean War. Two with second wife, youngest Jonnie also played at WVU and is Director of Basketball Operation for Golden State Warriors

Reactions: ScarletteK80
Since you asked: he has 5 sons, three with first wife. Eldest is named David after his older brother who died in Korean War. Two with second wife, youngest Jonnie also played at WVU and is Director of Basketball Operation for Golden State Warriors
I didn't know about Jonnie playing at WVU and having a career in the NBA. See, you always learn something new on RIP threads.

My wife went to RU and then went to WVU for graduate school and was a coach. She met him several times. Said he was a great guy and did a lot for WVU.

Her office was in the Coliseum.

She was at WVU when John Denver played at the new stadium.

Reactions: newell138
If you have any interest in the NBA from the late 70s to the mid 80s then you will absolutely love "Winning TIme" on HBO Max.

Very entertaining and an excellent cast! Jerry West was portrayed as an executive/coach who was maniacal about winning.

I found it unwatchable (and I believe Jerry West found it objectionable) because they seemed to randomly fictionalize things that happened.

It was a pretty good series overall, but West"s portrayal, according to people who were there at the time, was wildly inaccurate.

It was a pretty good series overall, but West"s portrayal, according to people who were there at the time, was wildly inaccurate.
He didn't come off too great in that series, but I did find the show entertaining. Mainly because of John C. Reilly as Jerry Buss.

To give you an idea of what kind of a man he was,in the late 50's,during the warmups before a game at WVU vs Villanova,he went over to the Cats' George Raveling,who was about to integrate WVU's court,and placed his arm around Raveling's shoulders,an uncommon act for those times.

Reactions: BossNJ and Kbee3
I didn't know about Jonnie playing at WVU and having a career in the NBA. See, you always learn something new on RIP threads.
I didn't know that Jonnie had a older brother who was even older then his dad. Wait, what!!?? 🤣

Argue Bus is back. Saw your other post - you drunk again? You know how you get…
You're on drugs if you don't realize this thread isn't about Pistol Pete Maravich which you obviously don't. BTW do board stalkers like you get paid?? 🤣🤣

You're on drugs if you don't realize this thread isn't about Pistol Pete Maravich which you obviously don't. BTW do board stalkers like you get paid?? 🤣🤣
Not really. You have officially lost your sh$t tonight. Sleep it off and come back tomorrow as the good poster you normally are.

And the stalking thing is funny as Argue Bus engaged with me by quoting my post. I was ignoring the dude until then. 🙄

Not really. You have officially lost your sh$t tonight. Sleep it off and come back tomorrow as the good poster you normally are.
Haha. I love it that you get so mad by being stupid. This is the funniest shit. Normally I do try to poke the bear to get a reaction but this time you just jumped in without any help from me. BTW I do work on Wednesday and not drunk. I'm thinking you just got a bad batch of meth and can't handle your day. BTW it's not tonight yet. Beautiful sunny here.

Haha. I love it that you get so mad by being stupid. This is the funniest shit. Normally I do try to poke the bear to get a reaction but this time you just jumped in without any help from me. BTW I do work on Wednesday and not drunk. I'm thinking you just got a bad batch of meth and can't handle your day. BTW it's not tonight yet. Beautiful sunny here.
Like I said, sleep it off. Drunkenness would be a better explanation for your behavior, if you’re actually sober (which I don’t believe) this post is even more disturbing. Get help and hide the sharp objects in the meantime.

Like I said, sleep it off. Drunkenness would be a better explanation for your behavior, if you’re actually sober (which I don’t believe) this post is even more disturbing. Get help and hide the sharp objects in the meantime.
Yo meth head time to go to rehab. You can't tell the difference from a father and son is embarrassing. Hope you don't do that at home.
That fact that you think a joke is disturbing is an issue. Hope you don't have weapons in your house with all that fake anger

Some of us don't follow basketball!
He played back in the 60's when many of us weren't even alive!
What does this have to do with Rutgers?
20200323_193015531_iOS.gif

Yo meth head time to go to rehab. You can't tell the difference from a father and son is embarrassing. Hope you don't do that at home.
That fact that you think a joke is disturbing is an issue. Hope you don't have weapons in your house with all that fake anger
Sleep it off man, sleep it off. This may be the craziest stuff you ever posted here. Wow. Crazy stuff from Argue Bus.

Sleep it off man, sleep it off. This may be the craziest stuff you ever posted here. Wow. Crazy stuff from Argue Bus.
You are the guy arguing. I'm the guy laughing at you. Embarrassing that you didn't know the difference between the son and the father.

Some of us don't follow basketball!
He played back in the 60's when many of us weren't even alive!
What does this have to do with Rutgers?
Most people know Jerry West. Beyond his playing days, he was a very successful NBA executive who built championship teams in two different eras. If people don’t follow basketball at all, I get not knowing him. As for the relationship to Rutgers, there is none. But there is a sports relationship. And this is a sports board. If you’re not interested, you can scroll by just like I do now with the electric car thread.

You are the guy arguing. I'm the guy laughing at you. Embarrassing that you didn't know the difference between the son and the father.
You have lost it. I never said that at all. Re-read everything you fool. Just said that I didn’t know he had a son that played at WVU and went on to career in an NBA front office. You really are our resident village idiot. Sleep it off and do us all a favor.

You have lost it. I never said that at all. Re-read everything you fool. Just said that I didn’t know he had a son that played at WVU and went on to career in an NBA front office. You really are our resident village idiot. Sleep it off and do us all a favor.
Haha it's so easy to you angry. Need better meth? 🤣 Some people fall for it every time lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT