ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Mary Weiss lead singer of Shangri-Las

and you know that Oh no, oh no tik tok instagram played out tired snippet that you hate....its actually The Shangri La's sampled from their song Remember Walking in the Sand

Reactions: Jm0513
How funny that for over 60 -65 years the songs of that era late (50’s through 70’s ) have been used and featured in more movies , current streaming series and shows than any other. Yet there are people who are oblivious to the part they played in musical history of Rock n Roll .

How funny that for over 60 -65 years the songs of that era late (50’s through 70’s ) have been used and featured in more movies , current streaming series and shows than any other. Yet there are people who are oblivious to the part they played in musical history of Rock n Roll .
They know the songs, just being assholes.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
"Remember" was a hit, but it wasn't possible to turn on WABC, WMCA or WINS in NYC without often hearing "Leader of the Pack." It is a very New York song; there aren't many other places where "I met him at the candy store" would be a credible line.

Very old-timers will remember that there was a parody song, "Leader of the Laundromat."

I always find it sad when performers who I remember from my youth pass away, and this is no exception.

You just started another “ Leader of the Pack” who did that. Never heard that song .

Wow …some of you must live under a rock . That’s a classic song. It was in goodfellas for crissakes.

Died of COPD . Probably smoked like many of us did back then . Found it interesting she left the music business

Reactions: RUBOB72
The girls were All American types of the era. Several hits and those songs are iconic .

debbie gibson and tiffany were both huge teen idols from 86-88 too with iconic songs yet 10 years later both were long forgotten about

same with Shangri Las

Reactions: Scarlet1984
Not exactly the same . Let’s see if their songs are used for Hollywood and TV videos as much as those from the old folks generation. 30
years vs 60 years ago. Our world will
be hearing much different music and songs …

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT