ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Norm Snead

rudad02

All American
Nov 7, 2010
Snead passed away at 84. Sixties & early seventies QB for Washington & Philly for the most part. Bounced around at the end of a 16 yr career. RIP Norm.

Reactions: batts
FBSnead1977.jpg

He had his best completion pct during the 2.5 years with the NYG his first time with the team and made the Pro Bowl back when it meant something. In '72 he threw 17 TD and 11 Int's. In '73 he threw 7 TD and 22 Int., one of a half dozen years where he threw over 20 Int's.

Over his career he had 196 TD and 257 Int. I guess he threw catchable balls lol.

RIP Norm Snead
you were with some bad teams ( one winning record in 16 years ),
But you were good enough to be in 4 pro bowls

Big assist from Ron Johnson, but Sneed's passing kept opponents from stacking the box against him.
Loved Ron.
The defense got a big lift from rookie John Mendenhall at NT and DE Jack Gregory leading the league in sacks 😊

I remember the 72 Giants well, Norm had an excellent year and Gents went 8-6.
RIP Norm
I remember going to that training camp as a kid with my Dad at Monmouth College and meeting Bob Tucker.

Loved Ron.
The defense got a big lift from rookie John Mendenhall at NT and DE Jack Gregory leading the league in sacks 😊

Back in the days when Grambling and Eddie Robinson was a required stop for scouts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT