ADVERTISEMENT

OT: RIP Richard Belzer

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
RIP funny man. Long career in stand up, radio and TV.

Guest appearance on Stern from 1990:

• Sad
Reactions: redking
Thought he was pretty funny in the off beat kind of way. Like did not take BS off people. Sorry to hear this.
Didn’t know he called Jerry Lewis dad, seems a little creepy. But whatever RIP whatever that means.
Is there a rest in eternal misery? Hopefully not.

Wow...I enjoyed his work in the crime shows as Detective Munch. Was a fan of Homicide: Life on the Streets and rarely missed an episode back then.. So many celebrities dying in their 70's, early 80's, or younger. Sad... Obviously money can't always buy good health.

Wow...I enjoyed his work in the crime shows as Detective Munch. Was a fan of Homicide: Life on the Streets and rarely missed an episode back then.. So many celebrities dying in their 70's, early 80's, or younger. Sad... Obviously money can't always buy good health.

Oddly, this week's episode of Law & Order SVU, Fin referenced Munch a couple of times.

RIP

Also played in the comedy classic "the Groove Tube".

RIP

MO

Reactions: Knight Shift

Not all that funny. I saw him at Caroline’s. The opening guy blew him away. Belzer was actually pretty boring

Pretty cool that he had the acting run on Homicide and Law and Order. The Law and Order franchise really had a great casting run of actors who could play it serious with a cutting, dry sense of humor at the same time. He was also a good guest on Stern back in the day. RIP to a unique and great talent.

Never really thought that much of him as a stand up but thought Munch was a great character.
Loved Homicide: Life on the Street. Had some actors who went on to bigger things like Melissa Leo. Also Giancarlo Esposito was in the final season and of course he went on to play one of the all time great TV villains, Gustavo Fring in Breaking Bad.

R.I.P.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Never really thought that much of him as a stand up but thought Munch was a great character.
Loved Homicide: Life on the Street. Had some actors who went on to bigger things like Melissa Leo. Also Giancarlo Esposito was in the final season and of course he went on to play one of the all time great TV villains, Gustavo Fring in Breaking Bad.

R.I.P.
Melissa Leo was great in the HBO series Treme and a little known movie Frozen River. Not very uplifting, but a great performance nonetheless.

Reactions: colbert17
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT