ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Ryan Day Chickens Out Against UConn?

Day reply to fearing the Mora and dropping the game against UConn :
i-regret-nothing

Reactions: Knight Shift
I assume that gives them a midseason week off on October 18 that probably would be welcomed. I wonder how the payouts compare?

Very provocative headline from Mr. Shift. GSU is a more interesting opponent and probably has a better band. We should've beat OSU last year. Missed opportunity.

I assume that gives them a midseason week off on October 18 that probably would be welcomed. I wonder how the payouts compare?
That’s a really good question. Would be interested to see the two.

Very provocative headline from Mr. Shift. GSU is a more interesting opponent and probably has a better band. We should've beat OSU last year. Missed opportunity.
The MEAC and SWAC schools don’t always send the bands to away games.

IDK about that.
They have a new coach, Mickey Joseph, who was interim HC at Nebraska.

2022-23, they went 3-8 and 5-6.

Prior to that were 0-4 and 3-7 in 2020 and 2021.

They were pretty good 2014-17.
Whatever happened with the Mickey Joseph domestic violence charges?

As a rule, a bought FCS will cost half of the price of a G5. Maybe less.

Whatever happened with the Mickey Joseph domestic violence charges?
Very good question. I couldn't remember what the issue was, and you have a good memory.

Dismissed because victim would not testify.

He addresses it here (sort of). Warning, he said, "Make America great." 🤔

It's a feature of HBCU football and one that I'll bet few Ohio St. fans have ever seen live.
I doubt Ohio St. fans will care. They have The Best Damn Band In The Land! (Don't believe me? Go ask them, they'll tell you.) If Grambling brought their band, OSU fans would be pissed about them cutting into THEIR band's time.

I doubt Ohio St. fans will care. They have The Best Damn Band In The Land! (Don't believe me? Go ask them, they'll tell you.) If Grambling brought their band, OSU fans would be pissed about them cutting into THEIR band's time.

I have relatives who are Ohio St. fans who would not be pissed. In fact they would be curious about the show Grambling would put on. Now they DO think the Ohio St. band is great

Ohio St would be foolish if they didn't cover the travel costs
I don’t think we do it anymore.🤷‍♂️

And as @Doctor Worm pointed out, the price tag is a LOT less. Could be why we don’t see the MEAC bands here as much as we used to.

Here's my guess.. since they took an early season game instead of the October game.. they have inside knowledge who they will be playing the following week in 2025 in October and want teh bye week to fall before that game... and that bye week is worth $650K to them... and they were going to pay UCONN 1.95M.. so if they get Grambling for less than 1.3M they actually save money.

And Ohio State fans.. Grambling vs UCONN? same-same. What do they care?

And only as a bought game.
agree. UConn would be a better game than the Wagner cupcake type and would be a better win .
But any /every UConn game must be held at Rutgers stadium, nowhere else

agree. UConn would be a better game than the Wagner cupcake type and would be a better win .
But any /every UConn game must be held at Rutgers stadium, nowhere else
Which will not happen. At least it would shock me if it did.

UConn has been routinely getting home-and-homes with P4's comparable to us. They'll sell roadies to the blue bloods who will pay top dollar, but not to us.

Which will not happen. At least it would shock me if it did.

UConn has been routinely getting home-and-homes with P4's comparable to us. They'll sell roadies to the blue bloods who will pay top dollar, but not to us.
Then we move on to someone else. UMass/UCan’t what’s really the difference at this point.

To be honest the only similar one I’m okay with doing this is Temple and that is only because of proximity and it’s basically a home game for us. But would really rather that be uneven as well (2/1, 3/2, etc.).

Then we move on to someone else. UMass/UCan’t what’s really the difference at this point.

To be honest the only similar one I’m okay with doing this is Temple and that is only because of proximity and it’s basically a home game for us. But would really rather that be uneven as well (2/1, 3/2, etc.).
Exactly. Temple is the only G5 team I'd be okay with giving a road game to, when it more or less is RU Stadium South every time we go to the Linc. But yes, it would be a 2/1, 3/1 type of deal.

Exactly. Temple is the only G5 team I'd be okay with giving a road game to, when it more or less is RU Stadium South every time we go to the Linc. But yes, it would be a 2/1, 3/1 type of deal.
Which according to those in the know say the Owls won’t do…even Steven or no deal.

I’ll compromise for UCan’t…their home game at MetLife. As I’m a reasonable man.😎

Last edited:
Reactions: bigmatt718
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT