ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Ryder Cup

knightfan7

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2003
Manasquan, NJ
Matches just started. Spieth/Reed all square with Rose/Stenson after 1.

Mickelson/Fowler about to tee off against Mcilroy/Sullivan.

I think the US has it's work cut out for them. The Euro team is loaded. People talk about the home advantage but I don't think it's as big as some do. Watching the introductions yesterday, after Phil the loudest cheers were for Rory and Garcia. Many of the Euro's are hugely popular in the US. People are not going to be outwardly rooting against players like the two above or Stenson, Rose, and Westwood.

One of my favorite sporting events, period. I took today off so I could watch.

I do think the home advantage is still a big deal though. Maybe not as much as in the past, but still big.

Cracks me up how much the media puts the captains on a pedestal. They maybe make 1 non-obvious selection to the squad and pair up the teams, which anyone could do. They roam the course on carts with walkie-talkies like they're actually affecting things, which they don't. Hilarious

Update....

Spieth/Reed 3 up after 8

Phil/Fowler Even after 8

Z Johnson/Walker 1 down after 6

D Johnson/Kuchar 3 up after 5

Last edited:
Spieth/Reed 2 Up after 13.

Phil/Fowler 1 Down after 13.

Z Johnson/Walker 1 Down after 11.

D Johnson/Kuchar 4 Up after 10.

Over 50,000 people on the course. I think Phil has hit many of them with his drives today.

One of my favorite sporting events, period. I took today off so I could watch.

I do think the home advantage is still a big deal though. Maybe not as much as in the past, but still big.

Agree. I'm a huge fan of every sport and major events in general.

Ryder Cup is at the top. Nothing like it.

Spieth/Reed defeat Stenson/Rose 3 and 2.

D Johnson/Kuchar defeat Westwood/Pieters 5 and 4

US up 2-0 with two matches still to be decided.

Z Johnson/Walker defeat Garcia/Kaymer 4 and 2

Phil/Fowler defeat McIlroy/Sullivan 1 up after being 2 down with 4 holes to go.

US takes first session 4-0. First time there's been a sweep of this format since 1981.

First time USA has swept the morning session on Friday since 1975.

The captain that year: Arnold Palmer. Can't make it up.

Great morning for the American golfers. Playing well together. Some of these fans are just ridicules though. Embarrassing. Especially that guy that just yelled out just before Rory's last Birdie attempt.

Cheer for our team. But show some class and respect.

My buddies son Russell Knox got screwed. Westwood, Pieters and Kaymer all go up in flames.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT