ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Sandusky-like Accusations at Namath Football Camp in the '70s

Scammer no doubt - even dresses like one
51 years ago? Joe a facilitator? Lol please
Inserts Penn St template for juice.
Stuff like this shouldn't even get in papers

Reactions: HeywoodGiant
I went to that camp in the 80's when it was at Qunnipiac College.

Don't doubt he was molested but his suit says that Joe Namath should have known, not that he did know. That's pretty weak. Unlike Paterno who is on record covering for Sandusky.

The victim, who I actually believe, said he didn't tell anybody it happened until 45 years later. Now he is blaming Joe Namath? Give me a f---ing break. Normally, I wouldn't even believe someone who waited that long to report a sexual assault, but the guy he is accusing apparently has been convicted of being a child predator in other cases.

there is no timeline for reporting sexual assault as it fks with peoples heads.

there is a tremendous amount of shame, fear, and more that many go through

not sure about the suit but I applaud this person's courage coming forward

courage??

THe other thing to note is most likely Namath spent 15 minutes at this camp that he probably got paid so they could use his name

courage??

THe other thing to note is most likely Namath spent 15 minutes at this camp that he probably got paid so they could use his name
Nah, he was 12 when this happened...that's an age where some kids are mature and confident enough to handle a situation like that but some 12 year olds are still extremely childish. Predators take advantage of kids like that. That's not something you want to admit to once you start entering manhood.

Now he's 61 and married and is coming for what he can get in this new "me too" climate. I don't have any problem with that. If my name was attached to anything that's meant to support young boys and a person working there rapes one of the boys, I don't care when I find out, id settle with them for whatever is reasonable.

Namath is an elder now though, not sure if his financial situation. But idk about back then but those camps usually have liability insurance. Especially if it was over night. I'm not into letting insurance companies off the hook.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
there is no timeline for reporting sexual assault as it fks with peoples heads.

there is a tremendous amount of shame, fear, and more that many go through

not sure about the suit but I applaud this person's courage coming forward
It's one thing to have courage and act so that a predator is prevented from doing it to someone else.

It's a completely different thing to wait 20 years after the predator has died and then try to blame a celebrity (who had absolutely nothing to do with it) because you know they have deep pockets. That's disgraceful.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Nah, he was 12 when this happened..
In 72 he was 12 - but he went back to other Namath camps through 1975

"Smith said the coach seemed to take a liking to him after his father died — but that it is clear now that Foglietta “groomed” him, with the abuse starting in a room at the Namath camp in 1972 and continuing during camp stints in 1973 and 1975." Guy says Namath went from "hero to zero" in 1972 but he still goes to camp?

If I was abused at a football camp (and I went to one that sucked ) I might not have said anything but I sure wasn't going back to something totally optional - knowing that some fat, old coach wanted to play with my bits.

Court papers were also first filed in 2019 and then amended in 2021 - now in the NY Post in 2023 and using Penn St as a bad jacket ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad-jacketing )

I don't care what happened to the kid one way or another but contrived lawfare abuses have become a big problem. I hear radio ads seeking victims of old SA events and dangling cash settlements. Being abused can be traumatic but so can being falsely accused - reputation, fiances and families ruined (not to mention a person would have to be a little crazy to work with kids these days). I see false charges over and over and over - certain political players have made false accusations a main bow in their quiver.

Under the Cuomo era law change a "victim" could file for criminal issues up to age 28 and civil issues up to age 55. The guy in this case filed in 2019 when he was 60.

In 72 he was 12 - but he went back to other Namath camps through 1975

"Smith said the coach seemed to take a liking to him after his father died — but that it is clear now that Foglietta “groomed” him, with the abuse starting in a room at the Namath camp in 1972 and continuing during camp stints in 1973 and 1975." Guy says Namath went from "hero to zero" in 1972 but he still goes to camp?

If I was abused at a football camp (and I went to one that sucked ) I might not have said anything but I sure wasn't going back to something totally optional - knowing that some fat, old coach wanted to play with my bits.

Court papers were also first filed in 2019 and then amended in 2021 - now in the NY Post in 2023 and using Penn St as a bad jacket ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bad-jacketing )

I don't care what happened to the kid one way or another but contrived lawfare abuses have become a big problem. I hear radio ads seeking victims of old SA events and dangling cash settlements. Being abused can be traumatic but so can being falsely accused - reputation, fiances and families ruined (not to mention a person would have to be a little crazy to work with kids these days). I see false charges over and over and over - certain political players have made false accusations a main bow in their quiver.

Under the Cuomo era law change a "victim" could file for criminal issues up to age 28 and civil issues up to age 55. The guy in this case filed in 2019 when he was 60.

So- most of us would also tend to agree that if we went somewhere when we were 12 and a grown man moves you into his room and starts this shit- there is no way you are going back for more.
But, this is how grooming and child abuse happens. It may not make sense to everyone but that is why an abuser like this does the grooming. They find their prey and figure out how to keep them quiet and coming back for more. I noticed the kid's father had passed and that he was bringing this kid to this elite camp at no cost. That is most likely why his Mom would keep sending him and part of the reason the kid did go back.

As for Namath- Who knows what he knew back then but I am sure he did not think kids were being abused there. But, he made money off it and his name was attached.
And 1972 or not- if a grown coach is asking for a cot to have a kid sleep with him- red flags should have been all over it. This is also about the time that all the Boy Scout abusers were being named as well.

And often, someone, anyone, that has been sexually abused, so many times they even block it out of their heads for years until something wakes it up. Or, they just live with the shame.

It's one thing to have courage and act so that a predator is prevented from doing it to someone else.

It's a completely different thing to wait 20 years after the predator has died and then try to blame a celebrity (who had absolutely nothing to do with it) because you know they have deep pockets. That's disgraceful.
didn't know you and others were such experts on the mental and emotional happenings of people that were sexually assaulted

who knew

Last edited:
And 1972 or not- if a grown coach is asking for a cot to have a kid sleep with him- red flags should have been all over it. This is also about the time that all the Boy Scout abusers were being named as well.
In one of the articles I read (might have been this one), it said that all of the other kids at the camp were significantly older and it made it seem like this kid was being allowed to attend the camp, for free (at the abuser's request), to kind of serve as a ball boy. And that's why the kid was was sleeping in the abuser's cabin (supposedly on a cot) rather than with the high school aged kids.

In one of the articles I read (might have been this one), it said that all of the other kids at the camp were significantly older and it made it seem like this kid was being allowed to attend the camp, for free (at the abuser's request), to kind of serve as a ball boy. And that's why the kid was was sleeping in the abuser's cabin (supposedly on a cot) rather than with the high school aged kids.
And thus- why organizers are being blamed now.

Reactions: RUDiddy777
And often, someone, anyone, that has been sexually abused, so many times they even block it out of their heads for years until something wakes it up.

Indeed.
I've known 1000s of SA and rape victims and there's not much I haven't heard.
One thing I know about - and many guys don't - is that girls/women who were victimized can have flashbacks while having relations with other guys not committing any crime.
Bring an unknown girl home from the pub, gig, rally etc. and you can really be rolling the dice (especially if she's under the influence of something).
That happened to Army/Colt LB Josh McNary.

Indeed.
One thing I know about - and many guys don't - is that girls/women who were victimized can have flashbacks while having relations with other guys not committing any crime.
Bring an unknown girl home from the pub, gig, rally etc. and you can really be rolling the dice (especially if she's under the influence of something).
I would have to assume you are then in law enforcement or sexual abuse in some way- counselor or something similar

I would have to assume you are then in law enforcement or sexual abuse in some way- counselor or something similar
and on the other hand- if you were or have known that many survivors- you never would have made your comment. POS

There's a special place in Hell for child predators and if this guy was victimized he has all of my sympathy. But looking at his picture is it just me or does anyone else get the creeps?

this looks like a money grab...not doubting what this man went through, that happened, its the allegation to Joe Namath which at this point he cannot prove anything about what Joe knew or didnt

Indeed.

There is bullshit and there is bullshit- if someone knows 1000's - they are an advocate of some way. There is almost no other way. And if you know this many and are an advocate or defender - you just don't make the comment that you did.
Show something or STFU and just leave the board. Your "warning" says it all

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT