ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Shingles, ever had them?

I have had it twice since turning 60, both times on my side. There are worse places to get it but it still made me miserable. I didn't think I needed the vaccine after the first bout because I never heard of anyone getting it twice. I was wrong, everyone who has had chickenpox should get the shingles vaccine.

Reactions: BigWill
Good man

I’m still in pain, currently icing the area still have not “sat” down since last Wednesday

I'm sorry to hear that got the shot yesterday and have my follow up set for September and will get my flu shot at the same time.

Feel better and thanks for the PSA.

My daughter had a nasty case of chicken pox as a kid, and just got shingles (in her 20's), fortunately we were on it early and virtual'ed with the Dr. that day, who prescribed antibiotics. Seems to be in check for now, fingers crossed.....

My daughter had a nasty case of chicken pox as a kid, and just got shingles (in her 20's), fortunately we were on it early and virtual'ed with the Dr. that day, who prescribed antibiotics. Seems to be in check for now, fingers crossed.....
Glad to hear

I didn't fall asleep until 4 am and just woke up 10 minutes ago

I hear Clorox is helpful

If you can't find your fish tank cleaner and your Wife is about to give you a "new" medicine, just dump it into your fish tank. You'll live and your fish tank will look better.

BTW, the local Law Enforcement is investigating the Wife in that case, last time anyone cared.

Just under 6 months. First shot was end of January 2020. We were going to go in late March/early April, and then Covid hit. The CDC recommends getting the second shot within 2-6 months of the first shot.

Got my first shot in June but will probably get the second one after Labor Day.

I’ve healed and was back to work last week

legs still feel weak but I can at least sit down without pain or sores

what a horrible 3 1/2 weeks, I have never taken so many traditional baths (4 a day average in epsom salt)

Last edited:
I’ve healed and was back to work last week

legs still feel week but I can at least sit down without pain or sores

what a horrible 3 1/2 weeks, I have never taken so many traditional baths (4 a day average in epsom salt)
You, and my brother who had it, were motivating factors to get the shots. Sounds like you had a really bad case.

Get the Shingdrix vaccine. Two shots, a few months apart.
I believe that the original shingles vaccine is covered by many insurance policies. I did not pay for mine seven years ago. The newer two shot Shngrix is around $160 per shot at Costco. It is covered under Medicare Part D but the deductible and copays may be high. $$$$

I believe that the original shingles vaccine is covered by many insurance policies. I did not pay for mine seven years ago. The newer two shot Shngrix is around $160 per shot at Costco. It is covered under Medicare Part D but the deductible and copays may be high. $$$$
BCBSNJ covered our Shingrix shots.

Capsaicin is the active ingredient which gives peppers their heat. If you want to try an experiment, I make home made hot sauces with some of the hottest peppers in the world. C'mon over and slather some on the affected areas. We can even douse some on tacos to help treat from the inside of the body while washing it down with a few pints of suds.
Oh? What peppers do you use? Habanero is my go to. If I can ever get fresh scorpion peppers, those are my absolute favorites. The taste of them for that one or two seconds before your mouth is on fire is amazing

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Oh? What peppers do you use? Habanero is my go to. If I can ever get fresh scorpion peppers, those are my absolute favorites. The taste of them for that one or two seconds before your mouth is on fire is amazing

Last year I had habanero, ghost, scorpion and extreme inferno in my garden. This year I have 4 habanero, 1 scorpion, 1 ghost and one of the high and almighty Carolina Reaper plants. I will be up to my elbows in hot peppers very soon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT