ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steelers/Bills game Sunday @1, cold, lots of snow!

DJ Spanky

The Lunatic is in my Head
Jul 25, 2001
The postponement probably has more to do with getting 70,000 people (plus media, stadium crews, etc) into the stadium. Vehicular traffic is banned from 9 pm tonight until 6 am tomorrow and 1-3 feet of snow are expected depending on location (Orchard Park being located south of Buffalo is perfectly situated to be in the higher end). Even with a dome, they likely postpone this game.

As a Bills fan, this is great news in that the passing game won't be hurt like before with 40 mph winds. The only negative is having to play a short week in the divisional round if the Bills win.

Reactions: rtabachk
I don't know how some of you are able to feed yourselves or just generally function on a daily basis. I just envision glazed over eyes, drooling from the mouth and slapping the keyboard randomly with some of these comments.

The postponement doesn't have anything to do with the players, the field or the game. The postponement has to do 70,000 fans getting to a game, sitting through a game and leaving a game and the hazardous conditions and so that they do not overwhelm emergency services which are likely to be overly saturated anyway.

I don't know how some of you are able to feed yourselves or just generally function on a daily basis. I just envision glazed over eyes, drooling from the mouth and slapping the keyboard randomly with some of these comments.

The postponement doesn't have anything to do with the players, the field or the game. The postponement has to do 70,000 fans getting to a game, sitting through a game and leaving a game and the hazardous conditions and so that they do not overwhelm emergency services which are likely to be overly saturated anyway.
ironic given the money made in the nfl has little to do with the fans in the seats but you know that already. 70k fans don't have to go, it's their decision. In addition, that area is used to those type conditions unlike us who cancel school at the THOUGHT of an inch of snow.

But the Sabres game is still on?

“…after a couple of quarters…”

LOL

One thing that this does will be to have the Bills host a game next Sunday if they win with the Ravens hosting Saturday as the NFL said previously that the winner of PHIL-TB will play the 49'ers on Sunday.

But the Sabres game is still on?

“…after a couple of quarters…”

LOL
Oh I didn't realize the Sabres were playing outdoors, instead of in an arena, and that 70k fans were going to be in attendance, instead of their average 15k, and that it was a playoff game instead of a regular season game. 🤡🤡🤡

Buffalo just lost 47 people in a blizzard in Dec 2022. They shouldn’t be spending 0.0001% of their resources trying to keep a football game at the original time just because some football fans don’t like it.
do you have any idea how ridiculous you sound? Ok nanny

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
I can’t believe people argue over this stuff, especially a bunch of people who aren’t going anyway. It’s just common sense and not unprecedented. I think Philly-Minn was postponed after the Boxing Day storm because they couldn’t clear the stadium in time. Makes for an even better sports day on MLK Day. Try to view things through a half-full lens once in awhile folks.

Oh I didn't realize the Sabres were playing outdoors, instead of in an arena, and that 70k fans were going to be in attendance, instead of their average 15k, and that it was a playoff game instead of a regular season game. 🤡🤡🤡
Later in the day so people will be on the road in worse conditions, twice.

And not even a playoff game as you said. Shouldn’t even matter. Why even play?

Crazy, right? 🙄

Bullshit they postponed! I picked Steelers to cover because of the elements, moving the game helps Buffalo SMDH

Later in the day so people will be on the road in worse conditions, twice.

And not even a playoff game as you said. Shouldn’t even matter. Why even play?

Crazy, right? 🙄
But a reg season game people can miss without much concern.

That said should the sabres postpone? Probably.

Reactions: RUPete
But a reg season game people can miss without much concern.

That said should the sabres postpone? Probably.
I think my point is why Buffalo (where folks are kinda used to it) but play on in KC where it’s supposed to be worse?

Didn’t they relocate a Bills game last year or the year before?

Unbelievable!

It’s buffalo for Christ sake. Those morons are used to it

Spanky is a moderator and doesn’t understand that this was cancelled for safety reasons !!’ Wow !!! @DJ Spanky you want workers to risk life and limb ?? If so, wow just wow ! I look forward to your response as a moderator ans supposedly a responsible person
Unbelievable .

Reactions: RULegacy
Who is making the call?
I guess the NFL along with local officials- ask them not me. The difference may be that access to the stadium won’t be restricted by excessive snow so the appropriate staff and personnel can get there. Either way it’s dumb, but hey, I don’t want to get in the way of their exclusive Peacock broadcast.

I guess the NFL along with local officials- ask them not me. The difference may be that access to the stadium won’t be restricted by excessive snow so the appropriate staff and personnel can get there. Either way it’s dumb, but hey, I don’t want to get in the way of their exclusive Peacock broadcast.
That isn’t a peacock game

And I think we have our answer.😉

Reactions: RUPete
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT