ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Steelers/Bills game Sunday @1, cold, lots of snow!

You seem to be in the minority on this one. Lots of Bills fans I see are complaining about this.
What are “lots” and where do you see this? I really don’t care all that much, but if those dumbasses want to navigate their way there and sit in that crap, have at it. 😂

Reactions: RULegacy
This article gives a little more insight as to the postponement:

2024 NFL playoffs: Steelers vs. Bills Super Wild Card Weekend game postponed to Monday due to weather The New York governor made the announcement Saturday

Sounds like it could have affected the Steelers ability to get there.
"The Steelers have not traveled to Buffalo and are scheduled to leave on Sunday, "

That's odd. Thought NFL road teams were required to be in town 24 hours before game time. Game was supposed to be played today late afternoon. I believe the NY governor postponed the game yesterday so I would have thought Pitt would have already been there or on their way.

"The Steelers have not traveled to Buffalo and are scheduled to leave on Sunday, "

That's odd. Thought NFL road teams were required to be in town 24 hours before game time. Game was supposed to be played today late afternoon. I believe the NY governor postponed the game yesterday so I would have thought Pitt would have already been there or on their way.
Yup I find this odd too. We all knew weather was a possible issue. One would think maybe they should get there earlier because of this.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Yup I find this odd too. We all knew weather was a possible issue. One would think maybe they should get there earlier because of this.

Maybe they were worried about not getting to do all their pregame prep/workouts if they got snowed in at Buffalo?
Wanted to do as much pregame work as they could under normal conditions?

Bullshit they postponed! I picked Steelers to cover because of the elements, moving the game helps Buffalo SMDH
Jeez. You should call the NY Governor and complain because you think your $5 parlay is more important. BTW since the game has been postponed you should be able to cancel you bet. Probably saving you from losing too!

Reactions: Plum Street
You on the road to Buffalo right now?

I’m sorry, BS. First there’s a travel ban, how did she get there? Second now we cancel game for wind. It’s football. 20-30 years ago we didn’t stop football for anything, even lightning. Now we pause football to look longer at Taylor Swift in the luxury box. How soft have we gotten?!

Saw Mahomes broken helmet from last night.
I've seen broken cages but never a cracked helmet.
People are blaming the cold which is probably a factor but I think Mahomes helmet is also custom and built different. All the smaller holes can give easier

cz3UMpV.jpg

https://sports.yahoo.com/patrick-mahomes-broken-helmet-first-130823409.html

I'd love to get on the spot weather reports from Buffalo right now.

Cancellations have nothing to do with the stadium.

Yep, from what I understand even if it was a domed stadium it would have been cancelled. It's all politics! Oh, wait, wrong type of cancellation.
21mIYl4.gif
Travel was the issue and the fact that the NY governor had already issued a travel ban.

I suspect the league told them to hold off as they were waiting to make decision on whether they'd hold the game or not.

Reactions: RUaMoose
And you are getting that Monday. Stop complaining.
Nah I’m allowed. A lot of people work tomorrow and can’t see or go to the game. I do understand why they postponed the game though. Probably a lot of people calling out of work tomorrow in that area

That's funny. People shouldn't use historical analogies if they don't know history.
The Irish weather observer who helped the allies determine when to launch the invasion passed away recently. She was 100. Eisenhower once said we had better forecasts than the Germans. 😂

Reactions: RUTGERS95
The Irish weather observer who helped the allies determine when to launch the invasion passed away recently. She was 100. Eisenhower once said we had better forecasts than the Germans. 😂
They also had the advantage of being 800+miles West of Berlin. But it's probably true. Weather forecast were more important to Great Britain.

I’m sorry, BS. First there’s a travel ban, how did she get there? Second now we cancel game for wind. It’s football. 20-30 years ago we didn’t stop football for anything, even lightning. Now we pause football to look longer at Taylor Swift in the luxury box. How soft have we gotten?!
Maybe people are smarter now?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT