ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stock and Investment Talk

MS has been a laggard amongst financials, but has built a 3 year base. Though maybe one would argue the real base is 2 years old, as it hasn't really challenged the highs of Aug 21/Jan22 where it double topped around $101. Probably will have to deal with those levels before breaking out.

Rev growth not expected to be too significant but EPS growth looks much better.

3.7% div.

Gerstner on half time talking SNOW.

Disapointed in how they transitioned to the new CEO, but actually really likes the new CEO who came over from Google.

Thinks guidance was low so as to not put the new CEO in a tough spot but expects the company to outperform.

Also says SNOW is well positioned for AI because workloads are going to the data, and SNOW has the data.

Still pricey though at 18x rev's.

Gerstner on half time talking SNOW.

Disapointed in how they transitioned to the new CEO, but actually really likes the new CEO who came over from Google.

Thinks guidance was low so as to not put the new CEO in a tough spot but expects the company to outperform.

Also says SNOW is well positioned for AI because workloads are going to the data, and SNOW has the data.

Still pricey though at 18x rev's.
I own SNOW at $146'ish and probably should add to the position. Very good summary on what I have read about SNOW as well. No idea why they didn't transition in a more thoughtful and gradual way. It felt like a rug pull, even though Slootman is staying on as Chair of the Board.

Totally agreed on guidance. Complete sandbagging for the new CEO.

I actually lost money on that trade somehow.

But props to a great recommendation.

Are you staying in? This sounds to me like it's ready for a serious give back. What's the catalyst moving fwd?
Sorry to hear you lost money on this. At the time I mentioned Ocugen on this board, just a few months ago, it was selling at $0.56 per share. As I write this, it is at $1.76 per share.

I’m definitely staying in. I bought my first 300 shares 3 years ago at $10 per share, and kept buying more as the price kept dropping, all the way down to $0.35 per share, because I believe in the company and the products they’re developing.

Today I have 15,000 shares at 1.69 average. I won’t sell any until it hits almost $5 per share, which I believe will happen this year. Even then I will keep 80% of my holdings longer term.

The catalysts going forward, now that they’ve achieved NASDAQ compliance, include a forthcoming partnership with a big pharma company (rumored to be JnJ but that’s just random speculation because both companies are developing ocular degeneration treatments).

They are starting phase 3 trials next month for one of their ocular treatments and they have started building a factory to manufacture their knee cartilage product.

They also have a nasal delivery vaccine in development.

Please note that I am only sharing what I know and why I’ve been accumulating shares of this stock. None of what I’m saying is intended to be advice or even a recommendation.

Hope this helps, good luck.

MS has been a laggard amongst financials, but has built a 3 year base. Though maybe one would argue the real base is 2 years old, as it hasn't really challenged the highs of Aug 21/Jan22 where it double topped around $101. Probably will have to deal with those levels before breaking out.

Rev growth not expected to be too significant but EPS growth looks much better.

3.7% div.
Epic value rally today. Great to see the market strength continue to broaden. MS and financials should do well in such an environment.

Reactions: RU-05
Sorry to hear you lost money on this. At the time I mentioned Ocugen on this board, just a few months ago, it was selling at $0.56 per share. As I write this, it is at $1.76 per share.

I’m definitely staying in. I bought my first 300 shares 3 years ago at $10 per share, and kept buying more as the price kept dropping, all the way down to $0.35 per share, because I believe in the company and the products they’re developing.

Today I have 15,000 shares at 1.69 average. I won’t sell any until it hits almost $5 per share, which I believe will happen this year. Even then I will keep 80% of my holdings longer term.

The catalysts going forward, now that they’ve achieved NASDAQ compliance, include a forthcoming partnership with a big pharma company (rumored to be JnJ but that’s just random speculation because both companies are developing ocular degeneration treatments).

They are starting phase 3 trials next month for one of their ocular treatments and they have started building a factory to manufacture their knee cartilage product.

They also have a nasal delivery vaccine in development.

Please note that I am only sharing what I know and why I’ve been accumulating shares of this stock. None of what I’m saying is intended to be advice or even a recommendation.

Hope this helps, good luck.
Sadly, I haven't pulled the trigger on this one yet, but it's on my watchlist to add to my small-cap biotech custom basket. With only a market cap of $440m, plenty of room to growth if one of their products hit.

I'll dive into their IR materials again and figure out the calendar ahead.

And congrats on your conviction! Definitely paying off.

Reactions: BillyC80

The catalysts going forward, now that they’ve achieved NASDAQ compliance, include a H
Ha, thanks for the disclaimer, but don't think I was laying my bad trade at your feet.

Reactions: BillyC80
Epic value rally today. Great to see the market strength continue to broaden. MS and financials should do well in such an environment.
Really strong late in the day. Not just value either as the Nasdaq was down early in the day, but finished a half a percentage higher.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT