ADVERTISEMENT

OT: The Apprentice at Rutgers vs Navy 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weird - not sure if I was aware of that. Either that or I blocked it out my memory lol

Either way - cool! Thx for posting

I distinctly remember there was some kind of a ticket to that game, I believe with either a Coke or Pepsi product involved

Tailgate and game was overall cold and gray, but a big win and I remember Clark Harris is going into the stands after the game to celebrate, and the infamous “beat visitor” sign was up along the student section

Workers always liked him most times. He was friends with Clintons (attended Don's wedding to Melania), Pelosi and others. Trump was an 80s phenom like wrestling and MTV. Rappers got a lot of their ego-speak from WWF ("I am the richest, the most powerful, the ALL...I will get your girl!" etc etc.). Rappers and wrestlers can sound a lot alike - Trump works the same way. Its well known the private DT and the rally DT are different.

People who speak in an strong and confident manner are interpreted as an authoritarian to a degree. Such a manner is known to get in people's head (police and military use it). A lot of people like it and others can react very averse to it if they had authority issues with people from the past.

MVcVXph.jpeg

No surprise DT wants to appoint Linda McMahon to transition team

Poz5bfZ.jpeg

Agree.

Just think it’s funny the way he was viewed then and the way he is viewed now. Think everyone can agree it’s completely different and not really a controversial thing to say. Crazy how times change

RU track alum Randall Pinkett won the Apprentice a few years later
I had a class with Pinkett. Engineering economics, actually the recitation section. He was a senior by then so he didn't take the class in order. I was in my 2nd year (IIRC). Anyway, Pinkett was f'ing brilliant. Not only did he understand everything so easily, he was able to explain and essentially teach the other kids.

I was not surprised when he became a Rhodes scholar nor surprised when he won the Apprentice.

Last edited:
I had a class with Pinkett. Engineering economics, actually the recitation section. He was a senior by then so he didn't take the class in order. I was in my 2nd year (IIRC). Anyway, Pinkett was f'ing brilliant. Not only did he understand everything so easily, he was able to explain and essentially teach the other kids.

I was not surprised when he became a Rhodes scholar nor surprised when he won the Apprentice.
I was friends with a friend of his at Rutgers.. yeah.. he was the real deal.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT