ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Unstable Millburn, NJ principal embarrasses himself, then apologies

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP: Manufactured “Wokeness” isn’t that all wokeness? If you do your job right, treat everyone you work for and who works for you fairly and respectfully, none of this crap would be necessary.

it is like the people (who because I’m gay) tell me never to eat at chick fil a and are highly offended (on my behalf apparently). My typical response is; do you know the political leanings of everyone who owns, manufactures and distributes everything you use and buy?

Oh you don’t? Then STFU and leave my chicken minis and diet Dr Pepper alone!

I respect your view, however I believe from what I've read (from a number of sources) that this is a case where students, members of the community, the administration, and members of law enforcement that have all shared their opinions and reactions, have reacted without actually sitting down and talking things through. This is obviously a very important subject to many people, and in the current environment of quick, emotional reactions, and the use of social medial, it has taken on a life of its own. The student body of many schools have taken a huge jump into social causes, and rightfully so. The principal reacted in a way that protected the students and football players/coaches, while addressing the pain of many in the community. Is it an over-reaction? Maybe. Is it better than having said nothing, or saying something that does not recognize the views of many in the community? Not sure. Either way, the link you share has some valid points, however I don't believe it represents the principal's entire message to the community. It would be better for people to read his full message, take time to hear from all interested parties, and move forward, than to simply read one article, watch only the interview on Tucker Carlson, listen to only the views in the article that you posted, or hear only from those that support the BLM position. It's also important, I think, to realize that ANY symbol (in this case a blue line flag) can be interpreted just about ANY way, by anybody. My son is a 1st responder, and to him, the blue line or red line flags have always meant showing respect to those that have lost their lives helping others in the communities they serve, nothing more.

I get people have issues with cops and a lot of them are genuine and we do need reform, but the left is trending dangerous territory here making our police Public Enemy #1 with our youth, soon no one is going to want to chose the path of law enforcement and the quality of it is just going to get worse.

I respect your view, however I believe from what I've read (from a number of sources) that this is a case where students, members of the community, the administration, and members of law enforcement that have all shared their opinions and reactions, have reacted without actually sitting down and talking things through. This is obviously a very important subject to many people, and in the current environment of quick, emotional reactions, and the use of social medial, it has taken on a life of its own. The student body of many schools have taken a huge jump into social causes, and rightfully so. The principal reacted in a way that protected the students and football players/coaches, while addressing the pain of many in the community. Is it an over-reaction? Maybe. Is it better than having said nothing, or saying something that does not recognize the views of many in the community? Not sure. Either way, the link you share has some valid points, however I don't believe it represents the principal's entire message to the community. It would be better for people to read his full message, take time to hear from all interested parties, and move forward, than to simply read one article, watch only the interview on Tucker Carlson, listen to only the views in the article that you posted, or hear only from those that support the BLM position. It's also important, I think, to realize that ANY symbol (in this case a blue line flag) can be interpreted just about ANY way, by anybody. My son is a 1st responder, and to him, the blue line or red line flags have always meant showing respect to those that have lost their lives helping others in the communities they serve, nothing more.
People are pissed because the principle took his personal views and then expressed them on everyone else. This act was accomplished by making the decision to remove the picture. He didn't sit down and talk to them he just acted, now they want their voice heard.

By explaining himself with viewing it as racism and microaggression he knew he'd hit the buzz words for the woke left to have his back. It's a cowardice explanation, one which allowed him to impose his views on others.

Last edited:
The prejudice against the Police that is fomented by the media is a large part of the problem. The public school education system gets an assist as well.

This Principal is a public disgrace imo. Apologizing for being white is never a good look imo.

Last edited:
You people in Millburn gonna let this crazy principal and his buddies impose his nuttiness over the students?

It's not even political, it's a guy basically making a bizarre move for no apparent reason.

Maybe he has other aspirations or motives

I get people have issues with cops and a lot of them are genuine and we do need reform, but the left is trending dangerous territory here making our police Public Enemy #1 with our youth, soon no one is going to want to chose the path of law enforcement and the quality of it is just going to get worse.
Sounds like the same plight of public school teachers post Christie. The snapshot of a crappy few exploited politically have likewise made many leave the profession.

Some cancel culture being championed on an RU sports board right there.

No doubt

That idiot has acquired cancel culture virus.

I'm all about freedom of expression

He is stifling free speech for his student body.

He's allowed to express his moronic fascist ideas but there is no way that the students, parents and BOE should allow him to do whatever he wants.

They recognize that there is a problem with some of their officers.
Did you even read what this guy said? This is not just about bad officers, everyone knows there are bad ones and bad tactics, this is about painting all cops as racists and bad guys, this is not the proper conduct of a high level educator. It's disgusting and so he defending him.

Did you even read what this guy said? This is not just about bad officers, everyone knows there are bad ones and bad tactics, this is about painting all cops as racists and bad guys, this is not the proper conduct of a high level educator. It's disgusting and so he defending him.

Yes I did. Problem is the good police officers fail to police their own.

I find it very hard to believe, that there would be Police Officers, who would agree with the principal. The flag was to honor the officers who work with in their DARE. Program.

Yes I did. Problem is the good police officers fail to police their own.
You're defecting or moving the goalposts, this is not about breaking the blue line. Boy, you really do hate the police because of a few bad apples, the people who would do their best to save you from harm.

Reactions: goru1869
And we know that the Success Academies in NYC blow regular public schools out of the water when comparing test scores and college admissions. And they select BY LOTTERY!!!!!!!!!!!
Must be nice to Cherry pick all students and be able to kick them out when their shoes are untied while keeping the state money you get for that student

Must be nice to Cherry pick all students and be able to kick them out when their shoes are untied while keeping the state money you get for that student

Twaddle. How do you cherry pick with a lottery?

To build on the tenets of this article, MA, CT and NJ simply swap spots 1-3 from year to year as the best public education systems in the nation. But for those clinging to the myths of the Christie era for people to blame for your taxes here, you go on being you.
Did you notice after Christie took away a ton from teachers, your taxes didn't go down? I didn't think so. You were the mark (just like you are of today's federal mega con).
Try "The Teacher Wars" by Dana Goldstein if you'd like to learn more about the way teachers have been the professional equivalent of today's black and brown people over and over throughout US history.
51h827BcshL._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

This is why we need charter schools. Public school education is an outright failure in NJ due to this type of leadership.
#truth
If you love your children, go private or charter! Or even homeschooling is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT