ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wawa pizza

Yeah between NY, NJ, CONN (and Philly? Is their pizza any good?) pizza quality this is not the place to try to sell fancy frozen pizzas en mass. I expect it won't last long.

They are closing my WaWa in Hillsborough after 35 years
That's an old/small one. WaWa is still trying to build a new, modern one in Monty with a gas station. They are close to getting the corner of 206/518 with the defunct gas station and Tigers Tale (which would move in the Village Walk or Whole Foods complex).

Reactions: bac2therac
That's an old/small one. WaWa is still trying to build a new, modern one in Monty with a gas station. They are close to getting the corner of 206/518 with the defunct gas station and Tigers Tale (which would move in the Village Walk or Whole Foods complex).

Tiger's Tale is closed/closing? My picture is on the wall in there!!!!

Tiger's Tale is closed/closing? My picture is on the wall in there!!!!
Nothing official yet, but the owner may sell the land to WaWa, make a boatload of money and then move to one of the adjacent complexes. So it would be a new TT.

Reactions: bac2therac
Nothing official yet, but the owner may sell the land to WaWa, make a boatload of money and then move to one of the adjacent complexes. So it would be a new TT.

Haven't been since I stopped going to the office in '19. Had some great lunches there.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
It’s actually not a great deal either. Depending where you are you might find a deal at a local pizza place for same price or less.

On this note, did anyone ever try McDonalds Pizza? They test marketed it and failed. I was in Maine snowboarding in college and they had it so I tried it. It wasn’t horrible to a college student.

Isn't there already a WaWa there?

Reactions: rurx1228
It’s actually not a great deal either. Depending where you are you might find a deal at a local pizza place for same price or less.

On this note, did anyone ever try McDonalds Pizza? They test marketed it and failed. I was in Maine snowboarding in college and they had it so I tried it. It wasn’t horrible to a college student.

On Uber Eats when I was at the shore I would get promos for them for $10 and then there is usually another deal if you spend $20-25 on top of it.

Reactions: MulletCork
They are closing my WaWa in Hillsborough after 35 years
Because everyone in the area keeps going to the Hillsborough Deli for the MILFs and inside information on recruiting and such. They’ve been fighting a losing battle and decided to wave the white flag.

Reactions: Knight Shift
What they need to do is make a turning lane at that corner to make traffic flow right onto 518. I can't imagine that a Wawa going in there would do the traffic there any favors.

Anyone try it yet?

greta-how-dare-you.gif

What they need to do is make a turning lane at that corner to make traffic flow right onto 518. I can't imagine that a Wawa going in there would do the traffic there any favors.
Already did that. Approved 4 new loop roads that are being built now, including a smaller one that connects 206 South to 518 West behind the TT. You can see most of it now. Should be open in a few months. If WaWa gets built, there will be an access from the new loop road.

It's not bad, I'd eat it again, It's better than Papa John's, Little Cesars, any pizza buffet chain pizza and maybe Del Giorno in the freezer section but Domino's is better. It's almost as good as the best gas station pizza in the land, which is Casey's General Store (stop there if you go to the Iowa game,). But there is no comparison it to the two brothers/three cousins pizza place pizza you known all your life, which is much better.

Reactions: MulletCork
years ago I would be disappointed the TT was closing,

Haven't been since I stopped going to the office in '19. Had some great lunches there.
You aren’t missing anything. Been eating there for 35 years and barely consider going there anymore. It was a 4-5x week stop for me, now I go there as last resort.

• Wow
Reactions: RUScrew85
They’re opening a new WaWa here in Linden. I won’t be trying the pizza, especially with a White Castle right across the street.

Reactions: HeywoodGiant
Already did that. Approved 4 new loop roads that are being built now, including a smaller one that connects 206 South to 518 West behind the TT. You can see most of it now. Should be open in a few months. If WaWa gets built, there will be an access from the new loop road.
Thank friggin god.

Wonder where you got this info. :)

• Haha
Reactions: T2Kplus20
Wonder where you got this info. :)
I hear things and know people. :)

Seriously, WaWa has tried to build a modern store/gas station on every corner of that intersection. First, they wanted to expand the existing location by buying the old GammaTech behind them. Rocky Hill freaked out about the gas station impacting the local water table. This happened in the 2000s when a different team was in charge. FYI, this would have been approved if it was during a different time. :)

Second, they tried to buy the Shell gas station and lawnmower repair building across the street (206N/518E), but the land was too expensive and they would have required a second tenant with them. WaWa never submitted a final plan. Just didn't work.

Then, they tried to buy the bank site (206S/518E), but the owner is a bit nuts. They had a deal, then didn't. They had a different deal, then didn't. Even Madison Marquette (Whole Foods complex developer) tried to broker a deal. It went on for a few years, but WaWa finally gave up.

COVID delayed things for a bit, but now it is on to swing #4 and the final corner of the intersection. LOL!

Reactions: Zak57
That shopping center in Monty will be a disaster for 206 traffic
Whole Food complex (i.e., Monty Promenade)? Nay, the 4 loops road will actually improve the intersection, going from an NJDOT rating of F to a C. Not great, but better.

Also, the Monty Promenade is now being built in 2 phases. Personally, not sure if Phase 2 will ever happen, so it will be smaller than expected. We tried to get Whole Foods on board for years. It wasn't until the Amazon purchase happened that the deal came together.

One of the oldest Wawa's is in Sayreville right down the road from the Starland Ballroom. Been there since early 1980's.

As long as there are college students and marijuana, there will always be a market for bad pizza.

Reactions: NotInRHouse
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT