ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Playoff Hockey

Amazing playoffs for the Oilers goalie Skinner. He was one of my fantasy team's goalies and he was a roller coaster ride all season. Took over as #1 goalie in the playoff's and getting better as they advance. Rooting for Edmonton & McDavid but will not mind Florida winning since their team is so big and strong.

Last edited:
Conflicted! Really like Florida yet would like to see a Canadian team win the Cup.
As I said in the Rangers thread…

If I’m Bettman, I wanted Rangers/Oilers.

Better storylines. Better for Hockey.

Reactions: RU848789
After a break of nearly a week, Edmonton is down 0-2 heading home. They basically trailed almost all of game 1 despite controlling (or whatever the appropriate term would be) play more. Didn’t see game 2, only the summary.

After a break of nearly a week, Edmonton is down 0-2 heading home. They basically trailed almost all of game 1 despite controlling (or whatever the appropriate term would be) play more. Didn’t see game 2, only the summary.
Florida swarmed and could have broken it open earlier in the game if not for a couple of great saves by Skinner. That said, I think McDangle and Draisaitl “go off” in Game 3.

Florida in 5.

The NHL is its own worst enemy. Terrible job delaying finals so long so they could start on Saturday night - huge loss of momentum from casual fan perspective - and the continued 8:00 is really 8:25 start time is annoying.

The national network broadcasts are amateur at best, and the coverage teams are just awful. Would prefer Albert and Olzyck (even though he stinks) over the drone and Ferraro.

Plus the officiating is straight-up stupid. I get swallowing the whistles but the blatant interference calls being let go need to be called as they're incredibly dangerous.

The NHL is its own worst enemy. Terrible job delaying finals so long so they could start on Saturday night - huge loss of momentum from casual fan perspective - and the continued 8:00 is really 8:25 start time is annoying.

The national network broadcasts are amateur at best, and the coverage teams are just awful. Would prefer Albert and Olzyck (even though he stinks) over the drone and Ferraro.

Plus the officiating is straight-up stupid. I get swallowing the whistles but the blatant interference calls being let go need to be called as they're incredibly dangerous.
I still miss Doc Emrick - he was the best announcer in any sport. Period. I hope Edmonton can come back, but Florida is just really good and so hard to beat 5 on 5.

I still miss Doc Emrick - he was the best announcer in any sport. Period. I hope Edmonton can come back, but Florida is just really good and so hard to beat 5 on 5.
I think I am one of the few that did not like Doc. He was a wealth of information and spoke well, but he was just too excitable at times. The sound of his voice irritated me.

Not a fan of McDonough, but used to love Gary Thorne and Bill Clement back in the day.

Reactions: RU Cheese
It will be interesting to see if Edmonton can make this a series. Saw a stat that the group of Kucherov, Pastrnak, Zibanejad, Panarin, McDavid, & Drasital have combined for ZERO 5v5 goals against Florida this postseason. Wild.

Florida-Dallas would have been better

-vic
I don't get the love for Dallas and Oettinger. He was horrible in the Edmonton series. No one was stopping Florida this year. I have never seen a team fill all the space and render opponents to be so ineffective. They are just so big, strong and fast. And then have one of the best goalies.

Reactions: RUaMoose
I don't get the love for Dallas and Oettinger. He was horrible in the Edmonton series. No one was stopping Florida this year. I have never seen a team fill all the space and render opponents to be so ineffective. They are just so big, strong and fast. And then have one of the best goalies.
That doesn't mesh with what I'm seeing at all. Edmonton outshot the crap out of Florida in game 1 and 3. Last night they had almost double the zone time. Opportunities and space aren't an issue at all. They just aren't getting anything past Boborovsky. Then you start getting in your own head and pushing too hard....and lo and behold you let up a crappy 2 on 1 the other way.

That doesn't mesh with what I'm seeing at all. Edmonton outshot the crap out of Florida in game 1 and 3. Last night they had almost double the zone time. Opportunities and space aren't an issue at all. They just aren't getting anything past Boborovsky. Then you start getting in your own head and pushing too hard....and lo and behold you let up a crappy 2 on 1 the other way.
What I see is Edmonton can get into the zone but never get any great shots on goal. They get a lot of one on 2 and Bobrovsky makes an easy save. I see writers on X making fun of beating Bobrovsky high, but Edmonton was not doing that early in the series. Plus Skinner back to the Skinner I know from the regular season. There is only so much he can do. He's not a great goalie.

I haven’t seen much love for Oettinger.

But Dallas is a better team than Edmonton.
McDavid nudged the Oilers past them that series.

-vic

The Oilers took the 2nd of two at home Saturday night in a shellacking to stay alive. Was it a random occurrence delaying the inevitable, or did they figure something out (scored final two in 3rd game to lose 4-3)?

Find out Tuesday night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT