ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What board members have you actually met in person?

I’m not sure how many have met @RutgersRaRa
But he knows you..,

And if you have ever pissed him off, it was you.
He is actually one of the most genuine people you may ever meet. But I think half this board already knows this.
as for Mrs Screw- everyone loves her but those that have had kids that have played and have had surgery while playing, we all love you and appreciate what you do on a daily basis.

I have met a number of people from here and one of the reasons I have stayed a member.

But he knows you..,

He is actually one of the most genuine people you may ever meet.
But I think half this board already knows this.
as for Mrs Screw- everyone loves her but those that have had kids that have played and have had surgery while playing, we all love you and appreciate what you do on a daily basis.

I have met a number of people from here and one of the reasons I have stayed a member.
Truer words…

Yes, met you on TOS and then once at a tailgate. Cheers.
gnUauO4.jpg

Enjoying a Glenfarclas 18 yo during the virtual company holiday party.

During the 12 years with Scarlet I've met dozens and dozens as we walked through the Blue, Black, Yellow, Green and Scarlet lots before Evey game. . Also at the Scarlet Walk. Plus the time I actually owned the White Bus parked in the Blue Lot right behind the soccer goal along the fence.

Don't underplay that Oktoberfest suit.

hahaha! May not remember, but on the day of the RU-SHU game in Dec 2019 I was in Scarlet Fever looking for a Chop Force One t-shirt. I think we both got to the table where those shirts were displayed at the same time and I mentioned to you that these were the shirts I saw on the Rivals site. From there we exchanged our TKR usernames and I nearly passed out that I was in the presence of RU Royalty!!! Then you mentioned The Mister with you over by the checkout counter and I realized my life could end at that moment - I had lived a full life!.... lol!

I remember too. It was nice meeting you.

Reactions: MURF87
But he knows you..,

He is actually one of the most genuine people you may ever meet. But I think half this board already knows this.

He really is and I'm proud to have my wife and him texting and calling each other all the time. LOL

Piscataway Mike, DJ Spanky, Zappa, RU#s. I'm leaving many out. Sorry.

Reactions: RU848789
True, very true. 🤣
You might be the only board member I met before I came on here. At that annual golf outing we used to play in.

Yep. Not to mention the wonderful summer of Golf with Whitebus - until you ruined it with your bicycle.

• Haha
Reactions: WhiteBus
Nuts
Numbers
Bigeastphil
Ruwishbone
Piscataway Mike
Onthebanks
Knights1212
Rutgersfandan
Newjerseyhawk
Rocktherac
John O
Skillethead
Bkin118
Newjersey1
Knightmoves
Shields
Upstream
RuPete
Patrickru92
Rufan4life
Dmd78
WhiteBus
Scarlet
Local Shill
GreeneRiceFig
RuGremlin
Leapin Lou
Hinson
Groz
JMM 78
RutgersAl
Sideline20
Eggs
MusicFreak
Loyal2RU

Some every game..some just a fleeting board meeting

All of them are huge longtime fans

Sure ive left off some and sure i have met alot but don't know their names

Last edited:
Yep. Not to mention the wonderful summer of Golf with Whitebus - until you ruined it with your bicycle.
Moving to Philly was the bigger issue. I haven't played golf since I moved back here. Cycling didn't help either, especially getting head on by a police car riding into work this summer.
Besides your not getting any holes in one anymore. Your game is in the toilet 🤣🤣
Maybe back at it in 2022 🏌️

Nuts
Numbers
Bigeastphil
Ruwishbone
Piscataway Mike
Onthebanks
Knights1212
Rutgersfandan
Newjerseyhawk
Rocktherac
John O
Skillethead
Bkin118
Newjersey1
Knightmoves
Shields
Upstream
RuPete
Patrickru92
Rufan4life
Dmd78

You've been to the White Bus.

More random late night hot tub thoughts last night, I was thinking about this community of varied individuals that I discuss all kinds of topics with on an almost daily basis and I realize I have never met most of you and likely never will. The only ones I know are SOCALDAVE, RU#s and BigEastPhil (although I think he doesn't know I know who he is even though we have actually spent a fair amount of time together) I have never met MrsScrew but we did randomly find out that our daughters were roommates in college for 1 year a few years ago.

Its a great community we have here, and what makes it great is the common bond of RU sports. I have noticed I could be debating with someone on the CE board in the morning and then finding a common thread we both agree on when it comes to RU sports and its all forgotten. So I hope everyone has a great Christmas and a happy new year.. Looking forward to good times in RU sports in 2022
We went to Cook together, same year, we know each other, your final “track race” took place in front of my apt during a senior week party. 😂😂😂🤣🔥. Werent you a “Sphincter” though?

• Haha
Reactions: newell138
Briefly likely more than 5 years maybe 7 years back...just you and Scarlet were holding down the fort
Every game. Such a late arriving gang. Had to lock up the bus one time to go to Scarlet Walk. However after the game it's was like they didn't have a home to go back to 😂

Reactions: bac2therac
My first roommate is on here. We regularly (maybe more like “periodically”) got into fist fights when we lived together. It was a tough roommate situation. We get along very well now, but way back when one of “housemates” used to have to break it up. Since they were our parents it kind of came with the job.

None…better that way…it’s cool to keep your preconceived notions about some intact…good or bad! 😉

Reactions: T2Kplus20
honestly, I've had people come up to me in random places (Scarlet Walk, Scarlet Fever, away games) and ask if I'm MrsScrew. I almost never know how they know it's me.
I met you at the Garden. You were talking about distributing magnets. That's how I knew it was you.
I also know 1984 because he used to sit in front of me in section 121 before he went high class, and I tailgate with Rutgersal at Cuse this year. I've been introduced to others briefly as well.

Reactions: MrsScrew
Nuts
Numbers
Bigeastphil
Ruwishbone
Piscataway Mike
Onthebanks
Knights1212
Rutgersfandan
Newjerseyhawk
Rocktherac
John O
Skillethead
Bkin118
Newjersey1
Knightmoves
Shields
Upstream
RuPete
Patrickru92
Rufan4life
Dmd78
WhiteBus
Scarlet
Local Shill
GreeneRiceFig
RuGremlin
Leapin Lou

Did I not meet you at an RU basketball game at the Garden around 2003, I was with NUTS, he introduced us

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
You could see that suit two weeks into the future.
Oktoberfest lasts 3 weeks so very appropriate!!! Mid September to first Sunday in October. I made members of Letterwinners cry! Ok because they were laughing so hard but did make the cry. Wore it 3 years so we are covered for a decade or so!

Reactions: RUScrew85
Oktoberfest lasts 3 weeks so very appropriate!!! Mid September to first Sunday in October. I made members of Letterwinners cry! Ok because they were laughing so hard but did make the cry. Wore it 3 years so we are covered for a decade or so!

but what a suit it was!
fncKLTp.jpg

• Love
Reactions: WhiteBus
but what a suit it was!
fncKLTp.jpg
It was! What a day it was! That was year 2 of wearing that suit. Can tell by the hat. And look how embarrassed Scarlet looks lol. She always had a great visit to your Tailgate. Have lost nearly 50lbs since that picture so going to have to find someone who does alterations for next year!
Your tailgate was always a must stop❤️❤️

• Love
Reactions: MrsScrew
The list is long, as there are wonderful folks all up in here,

First order of business is to thank those who humble me, especially @yesrutgers01 and his wonderful wife, who still turns heads and @yes smiles, knowing he's the top dog. Also @e5fdny, who also humbles me with his kind words. He's also deserving of being recognized at half-time of an RU football or basketball game, but that's a mission I'll be undertaking as time marches on.

@MrsScrew and I have become close, as she's the Queen of Rutgers. We speak more than she and her husband, the physicist @RUScrew85, do on game days, Not sure about the rest of the week, but I am definitely in the running for the next ex-Mrs Screw. @huskersalways had been ahead of me in this regard, then he moved behind me, but now I'm in a distant second place due to some 39-year-old single good-looking lawyer jumping my place in line.

An unspoken friend around here, since he doesn't post much, is @RUAZ after we met at the RU-Pitt game at Pitt about eight years ago, when we froze half to death in a sideways blizzard at Heinz Field. He knows his stuff with football, having played on the 1961 undefeated team and all.

@zappaa and @Jm0513 aren't quite a package deal, but we've attended a few basketball games together so I'll run with the Three Amigos Theme (she won't object :-)). I met @Jm0513 before I met Zap, as she and I said a quick hello to each other at the Jewell concert in Montclair, then had some kind of brunch sometime after that to talk more casually. She is really healthy, eating stuff I can't pronounce along with IIRC herbal tea imported directly from the Dalai Lama. She is smart, funny, and you will never be able to predict what she's thinking. I've tried on occasion but she beats to her own beautiful drum.

@zappaa knows things about sports and coaching and body language and nuances that I don't even come close to picking up on while attending games together. I'll get a text from him about something he sees while watching an away game, and I suddenly feel like a second grader whose vocabulary consists of "see ball go." Every so often I contribute things, so there's that.

@Southern Gentleman needs no introduction around here, which is no small matter since he lives 1500 miles away and is a Razorbacks alum. I am fortunate to know him. He's somewhat of a svengali, having tried to set me up with a hot waitress in Nashville a few years go when we were both there at the same time. He still thinks it was a mistake I didn't follow up on the possible festivities, but as he knows the size of her hands concerned me. Ha!

@SF88 is a Rutgers treasure, but he's so shy that it's tough to get his opinions on things.

@rutgersal and I have met a few times, though he may or may not remember me. I now sit five rows in front of him at football so our paths cross from time to time.

@PiscatawayMike is the resident memorabilist (I made that word up just for him) and a good dude.

@herdof3 is a good dude with a sense of humor and lots of energy. He's pretty much always got a smile on his face.

I met @Bleem Phuppert (before the name change) for the first time in Arkansas, which is also when I met @MrsScrew, @RUScrew85, and @Southern Gentleman for the first time. Bleem is the smartest guy on here, as well as great fan of Vogon poetry.

@BKIn118 is the man. He and his wife sit near me in football. BK and I compare notes on all things RU, but his are far lengthier than mine, especially when it comes to basketball. His screen name could legitimately be EF Hutton.

@AreYouNUTS used to live up to his screen name, but has since mellowed. If you have a chance to say hi, do it--you won't forget the meeting.

@DJ Spanky is everywhere, especially at @MrsScrew's tailgates even if his car had issues the night before or possibly that day. :-)

@Mbash93 has since reclaimed his seats in the same row as me in men's basketball, and he's a good dude who is all in on RU.

@Scarlet83 and I have met several times at The Rutgers Club by virtue of being seated near one another. He’s a good dude with a good sense of humor.

I may add to this list as I think of more people or they guilt me into it. Most importantly, I'd like to thank God for this opportunity and ask you all to respect my decision.

Last edited:
@MrsScrew and I have become close, as she's the Queen of Rutgers. We speak more than she and her husband, the physicist @RUScrew85, do on game days, Not sure about the rest of the week, but I am definitely in the running for the next ex-Mrs Screw. @huskersalways had been behind me in this regard, then he moved behind me, but now I'm in a distant second place due to some 39-year-old single good-looking lawyer jumping my place in line.

Whoa whoa whoa there bucky. I'm the next EX-MrsScrew. You're the Next Next Ex-MrsScrew.

You gotta pay the price to get a chance at the Ex designation. And it's very high.

(You gotta marry her)

Whoa whoa whoa there bucky. I'm the next EX-MrsScrew. You're the Next Next Ex-MrsScrew.

You gotta pay the price to get a chance at the Ex designation. And it's very high.

(You gotta marry her)
My probation officer told me I have the necessary community service hours. You have too, so you're the first next-ex, then there's that annoyingly young and good-looking lawyer who hasn't put in nearly enough phone time with the Mrs. to qualify, but whatfvckingever, I'll deal with it. @huskersalways would have stayed in second place had he not decided to give his heart and attention to his grandchild, so I'm clearly better than him at the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT