ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What do you think of Ford Stock?

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
Strong product line, especially hitting it out of the ballpark with the new F150, expanding Europe sales, effective management led by CEO Mark Fields, who is also a Rutgers Grad, and a low interest rate environment make me think Ford (F) is well positioned for growth for the foreseeable future. Surprised that the stock is a little over $13. Am I missing anything?

I do recall that when the GM bailout and Chrysler merger occurred circa 2009 Ford did not need government help and their stock was at $ 7. Has the train left the station Al?

Ford has accomplished a lot over the past several years including making great strides on its pension liabilities; building out capacity in China; right sizing and increasing EU profitability: maximizing NA success with a series of product refreshment cycles; minimizing its losses in South America and continuing to have solid and very profitable financing operations. All of that work has led to improvement across the company with China having a record profit in the fourth quarter, EU operations becoming profitable and demonstrating a $428 Million improvement in y-o-y results. Record sales for the company and $7.3 Billion of automotive operating cash flow. Improved earnings has enabled the company to increase its dividend and it now yields about 4.5% I think its a solid company and could see it trading in the high-teens, low 20's in the next 18-24 months

Ford has accomplished a lot over the past several years including making great strides on its pension liabilities; building out capacity in China; right sizing and increasing EU profitability: maximizing NA success with a series of product refreshment cycles; minimizing its losses in South America and continuing to have solid and very profitable financing operations. All of that work has led to improvement across the company with China having a record profit in the fourth quarter, EU operations becoming profitable and demonstrating a $428 Million improvement in y-o-y results. Record sales for the company and $7.3 Billion of automotive operating cash flow. Improved earnings has enabled the company to increase its dividend and it now yields about 4.5% I think its a solid company and could see it trading in the high-teens, low 20's in the next 18-24 months
My concern with Ford is that it seems like they have a ton of debt.

Brought a few hundreds of Ford when the market was down @$12 and also GM @$30 . Ford dividend yield is 4.5% and GM is close to 5%

The market recovered quite a bit of their loss and you might want to wait for a downturn. All the currencies changes will be reflected in the next quarter I believe, still afraid of China and oil may start going down. Not scared of the companies but scared of foreign factors.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT