ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Where Are You Going When The Lockdown is Over?

I really want to get a dog for our family. My wife is saying absolutely not until this epidemic is over as she wants no contact with other people, (which you need to buy a dog)... she has promised me once this blows over, we can get a dog.

So, when the all clear is given, i'm going to a rescue shelter or adoption fair and leaving with a new member of the family.

Now would be a good time to train/housebreak though.

The Ridge for golf.
Backyard for BBQ with friends and family.
Somerset at Turks and Caicos (had to postpone a fully paid trip in March and have to reschedule—might wait a bit, though.)
Had planned on the Reefs in June but like T&C, will play it by ear.

Just getting back to normal will be great. The first couple of weeks of this were fine but it’s time to get back to normal. Trips planned to West coast, Florida and Italy over the next year and a half will hopefully go forth. Maybe some extra beach time this summer. Golf and back to bars of course. I can also see many of us doing more driving and less flying the next year or two. I’m good with that.

Reactions: Knightmoves
Haircut
Golf with @RUBigJ
Liquor store
Food Shopping for party to have extended family over to celebrate Easter/missed birthdays

Just getting back to normal will be great. The first couple of weeks of this were fine but it’s time to get back to normal. Trips planned to West coast, Florida and Italy over the next year and a half will hopefully go forth. Maybe some extra beach time this summer. Golf and back to bars of course. I can also see many of us doing more driving and less flying the next year or two. I’m good with that.

Bars and restaurants seem to be in a very bad financial spot as long as social distancing continues, at least thru the Summer months. Restaurants can operate at only 50% capacity and how does social distancing happen inside a bar? And when is it likely that bars open? Lots of small business owners w bars and restaurants. Feel sorry for these folks, many will likely not be reopening in the coming months.

Reactions: Yeah Baby
Now would be a good time to train/housebreak though.
That's a good point, but when I adopted my dog I think he had already been fostered for several months and was housebroken. He has been a very good dog in the 10 years I have had him. He had the run of the house within a week of coming home. gmay8 may have less work to do in that area if he goes the adoption route.

Reactions: RUScrew85
Bars and restaurants seem to be in a very bad financial spot as long as social distancing continues, at least thru the Summer months. Restaurants can operate at only 50% capacity and how does social distancing happen inside a bar? And when is it likely that bars open? Lots of small business owners w bars and restaurants. Feel sorry for these folks, many will likely be businesses closing their doors in the coming months.
Hopefully soon we can help them out. These are creative people and Americans in general support these folks. Maybe we change when we eat and when we drink. As I get older I like to drink earlier in the day. Maybe we get shorter shifts and cocktails to go. Murphy and others should allow beach area bars to set up cocktails to go in food trucks. Things like that can ease the pain. I’m just spitballing but these guys will find a way.

That's a good point, but when I adopted my dog I think he had already been fostered for several months and was housebroken. He has been a very good dog in the 10 years I have had him. He had the run of the house within a week of coming home. gmay8 may have less work to do in that area if he goes the adoption route.

I'm trying desperately to convince my wife now is the best time to get a puppy for the training/bonding/house breaking reasons. I'd be happy to take the dog out early in the morning or go on long walks now while I'm stuck working from home for the next 6 weeks (minimum). I've tried to explain we can do our research online, and on pick-up day I'll have minimal contact with a person, will wear a mask, will wash my hands, etc. etc...

We have young kids, and she's convinced we need our kids to interact with the dog before bringing him home, she's probably right, but still annoying I'm going to end up waiting 2 months to get a dog right in time to go back to commuting to work

Burn my sweats
We will go home (left JC on March 12)
Go for ice cream
See our kids in Boston and DC

I'm trying desperately to convince my wife now is the best time to get a puppy for the training/bonding/house breaking reasons. I'd be happy to take the dog out early in the morning or go on long walks now while I'm stuck working from home for the next 6 weeks (minimum). I've tried to explain we can do our research online, and on pick-up day I'll have minimal contact with a person, will wear a mask, will wash my hands, etc. etc...

We have young kids, and she's convinced we need our kids to interact with the dog before bringing him home, she's probably right, but still annoying I'm going to end up waiting 2 months to get a dog right in time to go back to commuting to work
I would tend to agree with your wife on the kids angle. It's a tough call because you make very good arguments for doing it now and you seem like you are committed to it and doing it for the right reasons.

Spending time with family and avoiding crowds. Not going to do most of the stuff I really want to do until a vaccine is available.

I gather you don't travel for a living...
OIP.fl6WHPKu2vLjaJHOdUltZwHaHl

I curious to see how long this goes on. I don't miss it. I miss hanging out with friends in bars but sitting home and drinking isn't really my thing.

Because you suck at it. This is my point.

We're doing an extended family virtual happy hour tonight. I have a corp Zoom account, so I've been setting them up on a recurring basis.

My plan is to sit on my back patio, in front of a roaring fire, with my Les Paul and a healthy supply of bourbon.

Act like a professional, people will think you're a professional.

Because you suck at it. This is my point.

We're doing an extended family virtual happy hour tonight. I have a corp Zoom account, so I've been setting them up on a recurring basis.

My plan is to sit on my back patio, in front of a roaring fire, with my Les Paul and a healthy supply of bourbon.

Act like a professional, people will think you're a professional.

My family, @MrsScrew, is already sitting next to me Zooming HER family without me. (Which is fine with me BTW)

She's also done a couple of Zoom based tailgates. I skipped those too, obviously.

What are you going to get?

I was fortunate that on a whim I bought several sets of strings right before this went down.
prolly pick up some drum sticks and price out more pads for my electric kit(Alesis) cuz i have an extra Alesis module(DM5)

my main module
iu

my other module
iu

i'm in the process of selling my Tama Rockstar 9 piece acoustic kit w/ all hardware that it came with

Nothing special it'll just be refreshing to get back to a normal routine and not have to worry about an invisible monster out to get me. I'm a creature of habit and change is not something I deal with well.

Owning my own business has taught me to have a plan for everything. This way when a bump in the road happens, you can just focus on fixing that bump quickly to get back on track. This is like the whole fvcking road has been swallowed up, navigating it has been exhausting.

Last edited:
Sitting in Citizens Bank Park and watching a baseball game. I pass by it everyday and can see it from my store. Tough times without sports.

Reactions: RUScrew85
My family, @MrsScrew, is already sitting next to me Zooming HER family without me. (Which is fine with me BTW)

She's also done a couple of Zoom based tailgates. I skipped those too, obviously.

Well, not exactly. You did moon everyone...on both Zoom tailgates

No limit on places you have on your mind, whether a vacation, a restaurant, a store, a friend's place, a golf course, a concert, whatever you've been missing. I'll start.

Road trip to Nashville, via Charleston WV, Charleston SC, and Asheville NC.

Scarlet Fever.

RU Golf Course and Montclair Golf Course.

To a cabin out in the woods ….with no people around for miles and miles: oh wait, I'm already there!:Shocked

MO

Guitar Center... and Red Lobster

Yup, the thought of changing the strings on my 12 string is frightening.

I keep thinking I'm going to bust a string when I tune up (that happened a few times : hate when that happens)...and I need to change out the battery for my pre-amp.

MO

I might be hitting Naples after all this as well. I’m ready for Pastrami Dans
I've only been to Naples once, my parents are recent arrivals. I'll have to look up Pastrami Dan's, thanks. I was a fan of Lowbrow Pizza and Whiskey Park.

Yup, the thought of changing the strings on my 12 string is frightening.

I keep thinking I'm going to bust a string when I tune up (that happened a few times : hate when that happens)...and I need to change out the battery for my pre-amp.

MO
12 string?!?! jeezbus.. lol... that's happened(snapping a string) to one of my guitarist buddies back in joisey.. smacked him right across the face and he started bleeding where it hit... guitar center gave him 10 sets of strings(6 string guitar) for free

Wife and I plan on going to Felidia restaurant in NYC and I would like to get my right hip replaced at HSS so I can golf without pain again.

Hoping the National bowling tournament won’t be cancelled. Due to go there in November (Reno Nevada)
Haircut unless wife gets to me while I’m sleeping
Local senior bowling tournaments here in Jersey
Going to invite my 2 10 year old twin grandsons to come and stay for a week end.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT