ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Wireless WiFi extender

bethlehemfan

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2003
I have a detached garage that I am looking to put a tv in. It’s about 50 feet from the main house which is a log cabin. Any recommendations? TIA.

I have an Xfinity pod that works great.

It wirelessly connects to my router/modem and then the pod has an Ethernet port that connects to my PC.

Not 50 feet away, but it works great.

I have a detached garage that I am looking to put a tv in. It’s about 50 feet from the main house which is a log cabin. Any recommendations? TIA.
These don’t actually extend your WiFi, rather they make a wired connection through your outlets. I’d research to see that they don’t need to be on the same panel if your garage has its own. Otherwise I’ve had great success with them for a good price.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
My Orbi mesh router system works great linking my log house with a detached garage and an office shed about 75 ft. away. The garage is in the middle and the Orbi unit there acts as a bridge to the unit in the office shed.

Last edited:

I'm assuming you have power running from your house to garage, if so, you can use a powerline extender for that kind of range.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT