ADVERTISEMENT

Painter Quote

Love tge respect and quote- this year’s team reminds me a bit of those 80’s Knicks teams. With Oakley, Ewing, Starks etc…just going to beat you up and play hard.

It’s funny tonight, usually, when you see such a difference in FT’s you feel like you were F’d by the Refs/ while a couple were ehhh- I still felt it was called pretty fair.
But our fouls did send a message.

Purdue has carved a path on how you can build a program without a lot of flash and dash. They kinda play like we do, just have a little more depth.

Painter isn't going to get the respect until he gets to a Final Four, but considering how difficult it is, when you're not Michigan, , Michigan State, Ohio State and Indiana, Purdue makes you work for everything.

I know it's kinda late to rewind and connect RU to Purdue on this rebuild, but the 1st game was kinda harmless when Purdue won at the RAC 78-76, when Corey Sanders has a crazy game and it was Geos freshman year. Then we played them again in 3 games in 3 nights at MSG and Corey and Geo went wild again in a loss.

Both of those games significantly changed my mind about where RU "could" get to, when we stitched together something then vs Purdue.

In terms of Painter, I have no problem rooting for them when they don't play RU. I hope fans appreciate what we are seeing right now, we are earning respect and it takes a LONG time to do that.

Good presser like usual for Painter, he tells it like it is. Rutgers brings it on defense and have great Senior guards. These shots that Rutgers makes on us kills me as a Purdue fan, but Rutgers is TOUGH. There's still this thinking with people that Rutgers isn't good and I don't get it, Rutgers is good and has been for a while now. A lot of uneducated fans out there. I'm glad we don't play at the RAC, we wouldn't win there for sure.

Can’t find Painter presser… linky?

Found the quote here:

Reactions: MiloTalon13
We are a basketball school again! A decade ago, I thought we'd be a football first, basketball 2nd school in the eyes of most, but clearly, Pike has made us known around the country as a basketball school again.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
Liked quote toward end of the press conference when he was talking about outside noise something like: if you listen to those people you’ll be sitting with them.
It was very refreshing to see how engaged Painter was on every question without the typical coach-speak, especially after what must have been a brutal loss to stomach.

Liked quote toward end of the press conference when he was talking about outside noise something like: if you listen to those people you’ll be sitting with them.
Loved Painter's comment ...Not just a great basketball/sports comment but terrific life lesson comment as well.

It was very refreshing to see how engaged Painter was on every question without the typical coach-speak, especially after what must have been a brutal loss to stomach.

Agree

I love Pike, but I’ve noticed that his press conferences are getting very bland where he doesn’t really say anything. Just repeats the same stuff. Lot of respect for Purdue; tough environment, proud of our guys; we fought hard, etc

It’s a nitpick because I’m obviously ecstatic that we won…

Agree

I love Pike, but I’ve noticed that his press conferences are getting very bland where he doesn’t really say anything. Just repeats the same stuff. Lot of respect for Purdue; tough environment, proud of our guys; we fought hard, etc

It’s a nitpick because I’m obviously ecstatic that we won…
Painter will go into technical detail on plays, something Pike absolutely never does. Yet clearly Pike is a great technician. I now assume it is a philosophical point to not give anything away.

Loved that quote. Classy to say that when you've just been upset at home ranked #1... that's gotta hurt.

You left off the best part of the quote, “Them cats, they play for keeps”.

Wouldn’t consider this the toughest conference though this year. That would be the big 12.

Reactions: KnightTerrors
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT