ADVERTISEMENT

Patel

zappaa

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Montclair NJ
In the Virginia Tech game thread, there were numerous posts saying they didn’t like the left hash placement on Jai’s first field goal miss from short range.

Is there something about Jai different than all the other right footed kickers?

His excellent field goal percentage doesn’t indicate to me anyone could have made the determination he’s less comfortable from the left hash.

Historically, the opposite hash from your leg is the easier kick, like making a right to left putt in golf

Reactions: rubaseball78
In the Virginia Tech game thread, there were numerous posts saying they didn’t like the left hash placement on Jai’s first field goal miss from short range.

Is there something about Jai different than all the other right footed kickers?

His excellent field goal percentage doesn’t indicate to me anyone could have made the determination he’s less comfortable from the left hash.

Historically, the opposite hash from your leg is the easier kick, like making a right to left putt in golf
It’s a smaller goal given the angle. It’s always harder for right footed kicker to kick from left to right.

It’s a smaller goal given the angle. It’s always harder for right footed kicker to kick from left to right.
I disagree, but obviously I could be wrong 😊
“Comfortable with” is the more appropriate term I think.

Last edited:
There was a poor hike on Patel's first try making it very difficult for the holder to place the ball quickly & properly.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
IIRC on the first miss (~35 yds from left hash), when they showed the replay immediately after, it looked like the snap wasn't the greatest - like it came in too close to the holders chest and it took an extra split second to get the ball placed for the kick. Not saying that's the reason the kick was missed and I could be completely wrong, but just something I noticed at the time.

Reactions: redking
I disagree, but obviously I could be wrong 😊
“Comfortable with” is the more appropriate term I think.
Yea I disagree as well. Right footed kickers the target is the right upright. When you are on right hash there is less room for error and the angles are constricted.

It’s like setting up on a tee box. Guys that move the ball left to right and right to left tend to create angles from where they tee the ball. Faders (left footed kickers move ball left to right) tee up on the right side of the tee box and aim left side of fairway. Guys that hit draws (right footed kickers) tee up on the left side of tee box and aim right side of fairway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT