ADVERTISEMENT

Pats release Sanu

ScarletSam

Freshman
Oct 14, 2013
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Patriots released WR Mohamed Sanu.
Sanu's ankle must be beyond repair. The Patriots made the stunning move at the trade deadline to acquire Sanu for a second-round pick last season, likely in an attempt to patch together a final Super Bowl push with Tom Brady. It didn't pay off to say the least. He injured his ankle immediately and never looked the same while playing through it. The Patriots have major issues at receiver right now with 34-year-old Julian Edelman and first-round question mark N'Keal Harry at the top of the depth chart. Bill Belichick probably needs to make a last-minute move to get Cam Newton some more weapons. At least this release saves Belichick $6.5 million in cap space.

If a team as desperate for WR's as the Pats release him, I doubt he could help the Jets.

A bad wheel is a bad wheel. Jersey color doesn't matter.
He may not be worth $6.5m to the pats, but maybe he's worth $2-3m to the Jets. Just saying...

he'll be a Niner. Deebo Samuel coming off stress fracture, Jalen Hurd torn ACL. They tried to trade for him last year but didn't want to give up such a high pick and he knows Shanahan's offense already.

Reactions: redking
Let Schiano get him involved at RU in some capacity
while he rests/rehabs... with full recovery he might get a late contract for a team with superbowl hopes..

you might see a lot of teams cutting salary while income is in jeaopardy

Brady was awful at the end of his Patriot career and it hurt Sanu. Hope he lands with a team closer to home soon. Where’ve he goes, that’s a team I’ll watch.

Sanu was a fav, I was glad he went to Pats and had high expectations. He was awful and dropped balls all over the place. Knowing how good his hands were, I assumed he was hurt. He looked like someone that didn't even belong in the league. It was that bad imo.

If a team as desperate for WR's as the Pats release him, I doubt he could help the Jets.

A bad wheel is a bad wheel. Jersey color doesn't matter.
That’s not how pro football works. He was owed a lot of money. They cut him. Another team can pay him a lot less and still use him.

if no team picks him up he may be an early season pick up 2-3 weeks if there is a WR injury on a contending team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT