Bennett is clean as far as I can tell, and a very since and likable man

Calipari
Pearl
Will Wade
Sean Miller

All KNOWN cheaters
Even have FBI investigating 2 of them

I would never root for those 4

I agree Bennett seems clean. But no one successful in this sport is 100 percent clean. I will root for Virginia.

Okay
You win

Let’s hire Richard Pitino, with assistants Will Wade and Sean Miller.

Sure and if we make the final 4 and have some great years it will all be worth it . Think of all the fun and memories that will be made. Father’s can take their sons to ncaa tournament games, watch parties all over nation. It would be awesome.

Secretly recording someone is kinda nuts, I know that he was trying to get evidence of another school cheating but damn.

The barbecue wasn't the problem, the problem was that he had someone on an unofficial visit at the barbecue and then lied about that and encouraged is assistants and the father of the recruit to lie about it. He was so bad that when the NCAA investigator showed Pearl a photograph taken of himself and a couple other people in his kitchen on the day of the barbecue he said he didn't know whose house that was.

Once again, the violation was bad but trying to cover it up and lying to his athletic director and lying to the NCAA is what got Pearl a show-cause penalty and Tennessee some sanctions.

Pearl is one of those coaches that you love if he is coaching your program because he coach ass off. But you hate him if you he coaches anyone else

Secretly recording someone is kinda nuts, I know that he was trying to get evidence of another school cheating but damn.

The barbecue wasn't the problem, the problem was that he had someone on an unofficial visit at the barbecue and then lied about that and encouraged is assistants and the father of the recruit to lie about it. He was so bad that when the NCAA investigator showed Pearl a photograph taken of himself and a couple other people in his kitchen on the day of the barbecue he said he didn't know whose house that was.

Once again, the violation was bad but trying to cover it up and lying to his athletic director and lying to the NCAA is what got Pearl a show-cause penalty and Tennessee some sanctions.

Pearl is one of those coaches that you love if he is coaching your program because he coach ass off. But you hate him if you he coaches anyone else
Yea that was it. That's all he's ever done.:rolleyes: Next year it'll be, all he did was host a barbecue and the NCAA railroaded him for it. Look at it now, all he had to do is cry on TV and the National media has forgotten about all of his past transgressions. He should have cried sooner. The only thing NCAA Basketball is teaching kids and adults is it pays to cheat. Wonderful message for our younger generation.

Reactions: Ole Cabbagehead
Who cares

Its about winning

Love this Auburn team and how they play. Hope they win it all

All of college hoops is dirty. Pearl is no different than the rest of them
All coaches are dirty? All programs pay $$$ to obtain players? All coaches accept bribes from agents to steer their players to them? Do you think Pikiell does this? Or Willard? Or Bennett? Or Kryczewski? Really? What a cynical point of view.

No. College basketball can be a dirty business, but not everyone succumbs
to this corruption. That may make it difficult to compete, but some coaches have integrity.

Pearl is one of the few who have scandal after scandal follow him from program to program. He is the worst of the worst, and all the meaningless winning in the world does not absolve him.

Reactions: Degaz-RU
Yea that was it. That's all he's ever done.:rolleyes: Next year it'll be, all he did was host a barbecue and the NCAA railroaded him for it. Look at it now, all he had to do is cry on TV and the National media has forgotten about all of his past transgressions. He should have cried sooner.

It doesn’t matter . Winning does . Look at the 3 other coaches in that regional . Roy williams was considered the cleanest of the bunch - and he had a fake class academic scandal.

All coaches are dirty? All programs pay $$$ to obtain players? All coaches accept bribes from agents to steer their players to them? Do you think Pikiell does this? Or Willard? Or Bennett? Or Kryczewski? Really? What a cynical point of view.

No. College basketball can be a dirty business, but not everyone succumbs
to this corruption. That may make it difficult to compete, but some coaches have integrity.

Pearl is one of the few who have scandal after scandal follow him from program to program. He is the worst of the worst, and all the meaningless winning in the world does not absolve him.

Not all programs pay or bribe. But they aren’t all 100 percent clean either.
In this business you’re better off having a scandal and winning than having integrity and losing .
At this point I would love for rutgers to get to the final 4. It wouldn’t matter how .

Auburn will be on probation in 5 years. It’s the Bruce Pearl special.

Yeah, but it would be great if rutgers had a few deep ncaa tournament runs. Then if we wind up on probation so be it . Those would be great memories and experiences for fans and students. Life is short.

Reactions: Local Shill
It doesn’t matter . Winning does . Look at the 3 other coaches in that regional . Roy williams was considered the cleanest of the bunch - and he had a fake class academic scandal.
Hey some people live their life wanting to game the system by cheating, some people like to do an honest days work. As for me I don't associate myself with the former, you can if you like. Whatever floats your boat my man. In the south, sports is all that matters, people are willing to look the other way. That's not going to happen here and before we hit that 1st NCAA game the investigation would have commenced and Rutgers would cave.

Hey some people live their life wanting to game the system by cheating, some people like to do an honest days work. As for me I don't associate myself with the former, you can if you like. Whatever floats your boat my man. In the south, sports is all that matters, people are willing to look the other way. That's not going to happen here and before we hit that 1st NCAA game the investigation would have commenced and Rutgers would cave.

What does colleges basketball have to do with the way ordinary people live their lives?
If you got a problem with this shady business why are you even bothering watching and posting about it?

What does colleges basketball have to do with the way ordinary people live their lives?
If you got a problem with this shady business why are you even bothering watching and posting about it?
Because you clearly stated a view point that you have no problem with cheating, that the only thing that matters is winning. I don't share that view point. If you feel it's OK to cheat in this endeavor than what endeavors isn't it OK to cheat? Where is the line drawn?

Because you clearly stated a view point that you have no problem with cheating, that the only thing that matters is winning. I don't share that view point. If you feel it's OK to cheat in this endeavor than what endeavors isn't it OK to cheat? Where is the line drawn?

Maybe use some common sense? Paying a players family or getting a parent a job from time to time is ok. Scandals like a Baylor or penn state are not ok.

Yea that was it. That's all he's ever done.:rolleyes: Next year it'll be, all he did was host a barbecue and the NCAA railroaded him for it. Look at it now, all he had to do is cry on TV and the National media has forgotten about all of his past transgressions. He should have cried sooner. The only thing NCAA Basketball is teaching kids and adults is it pays to cheat. Wonderful message for our younger generation.
What did he do that I missed/forgot?

Chuck Person.
Were Person's violations recruiting violations or was he arrested for taking bribes to steer players, already on Auburn's roster, to a Pittsburgh-based financial adviser?

Regardless, I do know parents whose son's were recruited to Auburn but lost interest because of Person.

Its all about winning...how about all those slamming Izzo for being abusive...lmfao

Its about winning...bottom line

I will take winning everytime

Its all about winning...how about all those slamming Izzo for being abusive...lmfao

Its about winning...bottom line

I will take winning everytime

Why even have rules? In fact, why even have college sports? There's something in life called integrity. Some have it and some obviously don't. Can you guess which category that those here that are openly rooting for cheating fall under?

Rutgers has a banner at the RAC reading 28 years and counting but the cleanest program in College Basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT