ADVERTISEMENT

Perspective on how little talent was in the program

• Thread starter anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
  • Start date
A

anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy

I recently played in a flag football tournament against some RU players who played on the team (starters) in the past couple years. These are 7 on 7 style tournaments where you're basically playing man coverage the whole time for the most part. I was 1v1 against a former starting WR of ours and a on offense I was covered by one of our former starting dbs for a portion of the game. I'd like to consider myself a good athlete but I never played high level college ball, I was more or less just a good high school football player. Anyway, I was fairly easily able to stay on the WR's hip without him getting much separation on me except for a couple plays and the DB had extremely stiff hips and was very easy to shake.

I told the guys on my team before the game to watch out for those two because they were d1 players but by the end of the game they were coming up to me and saying "this is why Rutgers sucks, these two guys started??". So for everyone who says the "lack of talent" argument is overrated, it truly is not at all.

Ash is starting to bring in serious speed and real athlete for skill positions and the right guys in the trenches. This is going to take until 2018 until we start seeing some tangible results on the field but keep this story in mind when considering what he's working with.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News