ADVERTISEMENT

Peter Kiss?

Was he injured, sick? What's the story?

Seems like he might have helped in FT % and 3's.

Here's hoping Pike puts the puzzle pieces together ….and the completed picture is a DANCE!

MO

0 minutes I'm guessing equates to dog-house. Certainly could have used someone who could contemplate making a basket last night, so that's not a good sign.

Reactions: BillyC80
Somehow with our outside shooting as poor as it is and only beating Bryant by 2, you can find some minutes.

Reactions: BillyC80
Not sure why anyone would think he’d be anything but the 11th man in the rotation this season. Or why there would be clamoring for him to get more minutes, barring some massive improvement over the summer which by all accounts was not the case.

Kiss would of played some minutes last night if Paul Mulcahy was not ready to play. Problem for Kiss is, based on last night, Mulcahy looks more than ready to play. The offense showed better ball movement and I like him operating off the high post against the zone. Kiss needs to stay ready in case of illness/injury. He still may be an important factor this year.

I’m thinking Peter must’ve done something wrong in practice. Finding a couple minutes for him would not have been hard to do, especially when we had a 16 point lead at home.

Pike has said he intended to play 11 guys. If he wants Peter to be ready then he should have put him in there. Sure, Mulcahy played well, but then again, as a returning player, why didn’t Kiss get in the game before Paul?

Unless Kiss did something wrong, then Pike was just robbing Peter to play Paul. :Wink:

Kiss should have received some minutes yesterday. Keeps him interested and part of the team. 5 minutes would have been sufficient. Jacob young didn’t need to play the excess minutes he did

I’m thinking Peter must’ve done something wrong in practice. Finding a couple minutes for him would not have been hard to do, especially when we had a 16 point lead at home.

Pike has said he intended to play 11 guys. If he wants Peter to be ready then he should have put him in there. Sure, Mulcahy played well, but then again, as a returning player, why didn’t Kiss get in the game before Paul?

Unless Kiss did something wrong, then Pike was just robbing Peter to play Paul. :Wink:
I’m thinking what Peter did wrong was not being as good as the 7 other guard/wings on the team

He is the size of a mountain though. Wonder if he ever played football and if he could be a tight end, mostly blocking.

A dog house is when you have done something wrong.

There are a lot of players. He just is not going to get minutes.

That simple. No need for drama.

No drama intended. Guy had a regular role last year and went down to nothing in Game 1. Not like I was being blown away by the play on the court to get his time knocked down to 0 either.

Hard to make shots from the bench ... Kiss has to stick with it. He’ll have his chances to contribute this year.
There are many options at shooting guard and small forward that limits playing time for Kiss and other players.

He is the size of a mountain though. Wonder if he ever played football and if he could be a tight end, mostly blocking.
Football for Doucoure is what we call soccer. He probably played futbol but highly unlikely he played football.

Kiss and Doucoure are the clear last 2 on the bench.

Both will play, but barring injury I don't expect either to force their way into significant roles on this team.
If Doucoure can’t contribute much we’re going to have real problems with just Myles and Shaq up front.

There are many options at shooting guard and small forward that limits playing time for Kiss and other players.
Isn’t Kiss the best option from a shooting perspective, or has he proven himself an ineffective shooter? Rutgers should be seeing plenty of zone defenses from opponents.

This is big boy ball, not AAU. There is no promised play time. End of story.

Isn’t Kiss the best option from a shooting perspective, or has he proven himself an ineffective shooter? Rutgers should be seeing plenty of zone defenses from opponents.
In 2 years, he's < 30% from 3. Best option?
Can he create his own shot?
How about on the defensive end?

Curious if you’ve watched any games or even read any box scores.
Kiss was given many opportunities last year and didn’t come through.
Mulcahy and Young get the first chances now.

Reactions: toby83
Both Pete and Douc are great teammates and will contribute when their time comes...which we all know will happen at some point.

Somebody has to be at the end of the bench, right now it's them. It's a long season ahead. I'd never write anyone off after game 1.

Both offer a skill set which can help this team if/when called upon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT