ADVERTISEMENT

Picked Up a Couple of Late Recruits who are Very Interesting

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
One I don't want to say because he's not made it public from my knowledge. I'll post it after that happens. Highly recruited kid who was stashed as one of the academy prep schools.

The other is a Brayden Beyer. He was a high school AA out of Utah and played football at Utah last season. He wants to play lacrosse again and our Utah connects made that happen. Kid is a beast. Perfectly made for our system where Dmids are the gas that makes it go. Extremely athletic. It all depends on how quickly he can get acclimated and get his stick skills sharpened but from an athletic perspective, he has that in spades.

Last edited:
The other player has made it public too. JJ Aiello out of Bayport LI. He prepped at the Naval Academy. Big, strong, middie who can run. He's very athletic too. Was a high school AA in lacrosse and 1st team all NY in football. Played club ball for Team 91 in LI which is one of the best club teams. Assuming good health he should see time early On the Banks.

Utah kid looks like an upgrade for the rope unit.

He's a beast. You are seeing the first kids come into college now who specialized as DMids. In the past it was offensive middies who converted or middies who weren't good enough to be offensive middies. In our system you need both skillsets. When we are playing to our potential they are arguably the most productive guys on the field.

That position is defined now. Kids come in as DMids. Beyer will be a monster for us. He can run, is strong, and obviously extremely physical. Our Utah alums got an in person and close up look. He hits all the measurables and then some. We get a few more rope guys like that and look out.

He's been living in a P5 football weight room for the last year. Going to be hard to keep off the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimpeg and Wagram97
He's going to be a beast on wings too. Just the guy you want in those scrums.

Spoke to one of our Utah guys about him. To say he was impressed is an understatement. You want to give the kid some time to settle back into lacrosse but you have to be excited. I was told he's not just quick and strong, but he runs like a deer in the open field.

Utah has been very good to Rutgers. Expect that to continue.

I have no doubt we will get back to a devastating rope unit that can wreck havoc with the NASCAR concept.

It may take some time, so the impatient folks will simply have to suffer.

Reactions: Caliknight
Sounds like Utah kid committed to Tufts? That’s an interesting flip….
His twin brother goes there. It’s a little like Danny Devito and Arnold in twins. His brother isn’t good enough to play at Rutgers unfortunately. So Tufts was it.

He will dominate D3 though.

The Navy prep kid is going to be very good. Expect a RS this year though.

There's always one on every board.

Yep. Has zero connection to the school but comes here to talk shit at any chance. Rutgers is so in his head. Why I have no idea but I can tell you for a fact he never played lacrosse at a high level and has no idea what he's talking about.

You know you are big when you have trolls.

Reactions: LaxDadd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT