ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt getting destroyed

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
Narduzzi seems like another meathead football coach who will fall.

Makes Ped's win not so impressive.

Yeah, Narduzzi appearing the be a mediocre coach. Must say he was one of my top candidates for the RU job.

Doubt it. And where did I mention Rutgers? Move on from thread if you can't handle it.
lol dude we lost to the number 9 team in the country last year 78-0, and we lost to the number 5 team by more than 40 points, pitt did better in both their games against those teams the last two weeks. lol doubt it, pitt was ranked last year please

lol dude we lost to the number 9 team in the country last year 78-0, and we lost to the number 5 team by more than 40 points, pitt did better in both their games against those teams the last two weeks. lol doubt it, pitt was ranked last year please

How did we do against a top ten team this year?

To be fair, Pitt does look like a lesser team this year. They almost lost to Youngstown St in week 1 and have been manhandled pretty good since by PSU and Ok St.

Naturally we have our own problems but if you're going to look at Pitt objectively, you have to conclude this ain't the same team that beat Clemson last year.

Right now, Mike Gundy may the only guy physically north of the Mason-Dixon line sporting a mullet.

DJ2yNtpX0AAz5b7.jpg

423 yards passing with 5 TD's and it's not halftime.

I can't remember who but one of the talking heads was predicting Mason Rudolph would be the top QB pick in the NFL draft before the season started. Sure playing like one.

It's always entertaining when a fake Rutgers fan can't have an intelligent conversation about college football so they resort to throwing Rutgers under the bus even though Rutgers has nothing to do with this thread.
lol i'm not a fake fan our fan base is annoying tho, we are the kid who gets picked last in the pickup game making fun of the kid who got picked second to last. we have the longest losing streak of any fbs team, we shouldn't be smack talking anyone, ps you contributed nothing of intelligence to this convo either, so nice fake argument.

no other big names, but nadurzi reached out to rutgers and said he was interested in the job.
Are you saying that after a year of coaching at Pitt he wanted to ditch them and coach Rutgers? I'm sorry you might be right I just find that really hard to believe. Wish I knew the details of that conversation between he and Hobbs.

Are you saying that after a year of coaching at Pitt he wanted to ditch them and coach Rutgers? I'm sorry you might be right I just find that really hard to believe. Wish I knew the details of that conversation between he and Hobbs.
yes thats what I'm saying, i don't think anyone knows the exact way the conversation went, but it has been common knowledge on the round table for over a year and a half, u should sign up :)

Reactions: redking
yes thats what I'm saying, i don't think anyone knows the exact way the conversation went, but it has been common knowledge on the round table for over a year and a half, u should sign up :)
Maybe I should.

Still hard to believe, would be weary of that source. Pitt was 8-5 that year, going to Rutgers would be a lateral move, if not a backwards move. Who knows though maybe Narduzzi really saw something at RU.

I'm not sure what's more annoying on this piece of shit free board.

A) People constantly shitting on their own team.

B) People constantly shitting on regional teams when we're in no position to do so.

Reactions: Loyal-Son
I'm not sure what's more annoying on this piece of shit free board.

A) People constantly shitting on their own team.

B) People constantly shitting on regional teams when we're in no position to do so.
Misery loves company.

The story as I remember is he indeed approached RU. How serious if at all it was for either side I don't remember. It's really not all that unusual for coaches under contract have their representative contact a school about an opening. Didn't Greg do it once or twice?

Maybe I should.

Still hard to believe, would be weary of that source. Pitt was 8-5 that year, going to Rutgers would be a lateral move, if not a backwards move. Who knows though maybe Narduzzi really saw something at RU.
he saw the potential we could have here if we could keep the top teams home, he knew pitt would never be able to overtake psu in Pennsylvania and they have a terrible stadium and game day atmosphere.

Seems like another board favorite is starting his sink into oblivion like I mentioned in that Fleck thread a little while ago. I wouldn't even say it's worthy yet. He was a solid choice as an HC from MSU and he's still done a solid job til date. Two 8-5 years, over .500 both years a couple upsets so not bad. Every year isn't going to be a great one or even a good one sometimes, it's Pitt not PSU with all their resources and status. I'd see how the rest of the year plays out, maybe it ends up being more of a 6-6 season as opposed to 8-5, that's not terrible.

They have had 3 coordinators in 3 years, we know how that goes. Lost the first one (Jim Chaney) to Georgia and their 2nd one (Matt Canada) to LSU. I just looked up their OC this year and it looks like Charlie Strong's ex OC from Louisville/Texas.

he saw the potential we could have here if we could keep the top teams home, he knew pitt would never be able to overtake psu in Pennsylvania and they have a terrible stadium and game day atmosphere.

If you asked a neutral party who had a better football program between us and Pitt I'm not so sure many would say us. Our atmosphere is pretty solid when we're good but I'm sure so is Pitt's. I honestly don't think there is a huge difference between the programs. Although I've never been to a Pitt game so it's hard for me to say. It's not like we don't have the same problem in NJ. We can't overtake PSU for recruits either. I don't know how Narduzzi is as a recruiter but Schiano was a pretty good one and he couldn't do it except when they were under sanctions.

Conn is losing bad to Virginia and Cuse lost to Middle Tenn last week. The old Big East isn't doing so well. Pittsburgh lost a few key offensive players from last year and they are probably a 500 team but they have a empty stadium considering they weren't that bad last year.

All those teams had more bad years 3-4 at a times during their time in the Big East. We have 2 bad years and our fans go crazy.

56-14 not even midway through the 3rd. Pitt better do something and Ok St. better call off the dogs or this might be in the 70 or 80 range.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT