ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Casale De-Commits from Lehigh

It would be nice to know if the discussion went well when Ashnault and Goodale visited him. There was a thread about it a while back, prompted by Ashnault's tweet but then silence. I still wonder if PJ can make 197.

It would be nice to know if the discussion went well when Ashnault and Goodale visited him. There was a thread about it a while back, prompted by Ashnault's tweet but then silence. I still wonder if PJ can make 197.
@ScarletGrapfan fan gave you the answer when P.J. wrestled 202.8 lbs at Cadet world championships. He made this weight in the offseason, another 6 lbs. is two practices during season. He more than likely bulks up for football and stays somewhere in the above 200 lb range for wrestling. Why? Because he's the best at 220 so why cut.

I have no inside information here, but this would be a massive pickup for a number of reasons:

1) He's a stud and more than likely a 2x state champ (would have been a 3xer if he didn't opt out)
2) Delbarton connection/pipeline and they are absolutely loaded
3) Very close with Jimmy Mullen

Let's hope we can close him and have some combination of Poz, Soldano, Casale, and Mullen for a lot of years to come

Reactions: Clearscreen25
I don't expect to see Mullen showing up. If Casale does, I think he might be better off going heavy. He has another year of growth ahead of him and hopefully muscle gain. Soldano does too. I expect either Soldano or Poz to go 197, making that pretty tough for Casale to break through. That might also factor into his decision on where to commit next.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT