ADVERTISEMENT

Player Development

aroost

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2016
Fanwood< NJ
I’ll try to be fair and not so one sided.

This touches on strength & conditioning and coaching.

I think a good class to compare to what Ash has done would be Schiano’s last recruiting class, which I believe was his highest rated. Obviously this class was developed by Flood before Ash took over.

To be fair, it’s only one class so it’s a small sample of classes. But again it was the highest rated class and had 19 total commits.

There’s 2 ways to look at it. First way below and 2nd in a follow-up since this is long.

1. Who met or exceeded their star rankings?

4 of 19. I would put Carroo as exceeding his 5.8 across his playing years and Derrick Nelson as meeting his 5.5 star ranking in his last 2 years. I would also include Longa at 5.7 stars in this group. Early on exceeding expectations as a true freshman starter and later as a good Big Ten LB on a bad team. Federico was a 4 year decent starter as placekicker.

Hamilton was a 5 star who was a good player in a tweener body, who suffered a serious injury.

Denman, Lambert, Muller were mostly below average starters. 5.8, 5.8, and 5.9 rivals ratings. Muller was hot and cold. More to come on him below.

Ian Thomas, Ryan Brodie, Pinnox-Odrick, Agudosi, and Peele were 5.7 stars. Flashes of talent here and there except for Brodie who really didn’t show much but underperforming for the majority of the time. Pinnox-Odrick had a strong senior campaign under Ash. I don’t think he lived up to his billing before that.

Meh among the rest. Tyree, Arcidiacono, Jacobs, Rankin, and Peoples. Believe only Jacobs and Peoples contributed.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News