ADVERTISEMENT

PLL draft tonight

He's getting drafted 4. Book it.

I'll go on record and say now he is going to have a better pro career than the 3 guys picked ahead of him. That includes O'Neill and Shellenberger. Big call but I believe it. I'm admittedly way biased but that kid has everything. And to top it off his IQ is off the charts. You can tell he was raised around the game by parents that know the game.

Everyone agrees Shane is incredible. I don't think people truly realize how good he is. In a league where exotic defenses are kept at a minimum and teams don't like to slide, he's going feast. Long pole or not it doesn't matter. You can't cover him one one. He's going to get to his spots and his has the full dial of releases from both hands. He's the most modern of midfielders there is. Plus he can clear and play D if need be. Teams love that versatility at the pro level

Look forward to see him and Rall go at it. Two studs.

Ross is going to be a very good pro too. He was being undervalued but teams have seemingly woken up.

I'll go on record and say now he is going to have a better pro career than the 3 guys picked ahead of him. That includes O'Neill and Shellenberger. Big call but I believe it. I'm admittedly way biased but that kid has everything. And to top it off his IQ is off the charts. You can tell he was raised around the game by parents that know the game.

Everyone agrees Shane is incredible. I don't think people truly realize how good he is. In a league where exotic defenses are kept at a minimum and teams don't like to slide, he's going feast. Long pole or not it doesn't matter. You can't cover him one one. He's going to get to his spots and his has the full dial of releases from both hands. He's the most modern of midfielders there is. Plus he can clear and play D if need be. Teams love that versatility at the pro level

Ross is going to be a very good pro too. He was being undervalued but teams have seemingly woken up.
Mid season I became convinced Shane was the best player I've seen at Rutgers. I've been watching since Cromwell was on the banks. Am I wrong?

You called it!

Reactions: Caliknight
This was a done deal awhile ago lol

Kid is going to be special. All the best to him and Ross. Two great kids from great families. Really proud to call them fellow alums.

I really hope Jack Aimone gets an opportunity. He can play in that league.

Last edited:
Mid season I became convinced Shane was the best player I've seen at Rutgers. I've been watching since Cromwell was on the banks. Am I wrong?
I go back to the late 80’s being infinitely familiar with the program. We have a long history. Over 100 years, hundreds of All Americans. Being in the program you hear the lore of guys you never played with. Guys like Bobby Vencak. First team All American and All World in the world games. Reid Jackson was named the defenseman of the year and First Team AA. Greg Rinaldi was incredible. First teamer who just glided between the lines. There are many others that come to mind.

Shane and Rinaldi are the best middies I’ve ever seen at Rutgers but like most comparisons, different eras are hard to to truly compare and not really fair. Both were highly effective and made huge impacts on the field.

I said this before the season started and I’m more convinced after the season. Shane Knobloch is the best midfielder in the country. I don’t even know who would be considered second. He’s that much better. Maybe Bundy at GT.

I’ve played lacrosse my entire life. I went to many Hopkins and Maryland games growing up. I played in era where there were great players. Played with and against guys in the HOF, and many All Americans, and played in Australia with all World players.

Shane Knobloch is one of the best lacrosse players I’ve ever seen at any position. His physical gifts are off the charts and his mind is the equal of those gifts. His play is simply sublime. His ability to dissect second and third slides is beyond. All you need to see is that assist in overtime against Princeton last year that won the game. There are very few people in the world that would see that pass. Even less who have the ability to make it.

Assuming good health, and the kid is a ball of muscle, when he is in his prime in a few years and beyond, he going to be special. He already is.

Last edited:
Congrats to Shane!

I agree, Knobloch and Rinaldi are the the best middies I can recall watching in a Rutgers uniform. Both great, but totally different players. Rinaldi was simply on another level, athletically, than everyone else on the field. When you watched him run it seemed like every other player took three strides to his one. Not that Shane isn’t a great athlete, he is, but what makes him great is that he is outstanding at nearly everything. Dodging, shooting, feeding, riding, clearing, defense, ground balls — he can do it all at an extremely high level. And his field awareness and intelligence are off the chart.

BTW, I’ve said it before, but Kurdyla’s game reminds me a lot of Rinaldi’s. He is not at that level yet but has the potential to be. When he gets going he moves past elite defenders like they are standing still. It will be his show next year on offense and I am looking forward to seeing how he develops.

No question, Colin is the next one. I started to see glimpses of Shane’s game in him towards the end of the season. Seeing it every day in practice had to help.

Colin is going to be a monster. Once he fills out even more it’s beast level. He’s playing box lacrosse in Canada now. Gotta believe that’s going to be great for his development.

Reactions: Wagram97
Chaos now has Heningburg (signed as FA), Knobloch, and Scott. Guess Chaos will be a new PLL team to follow.

That's two PLL teams that could be dominated by ex Rutgers players, with Cannons being the other. Cannons have AC, both Colin and Connor Kirst, and Rall.

441055025_1017641106394856_5774539945844715215_n.jpg

When you look at that list of drafted B1G players, that's a ton of experience and goals leaving the conference. Especially JHU and Michigan - think Michigan also loses Justin Tiernan (thought he only had this grad year left).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT