ADVERTISEMENT

**PODCAST - Omoruyi gets snubbed on NBA Combine, Asst. Coach Search Update**

I'm not sure he was "snubbed."

That implies he should've been selected.

It's not like he scored 30 points w 20 rebounds a game and didn't get invited. The folks evaluating talent saw exactly what most of us who have seen him in every game saw: incredible athleticism, high motor, not a great touch on any shot that isn't a dunk, etc. He can get there, he's just not there today.

Reactions: zebnatto
Any shot we can get pod recaps in written form after a day or so up. Don’t always have time to listen

Reactions: RUDiddy777
I'm not sure he was "snubbed."

That implies he should've been selected.

It's not like he scored 30 points w 20 rebounds a game and didn't get invited. The folks evaluating talent saw exactly what most of us who have seen him in every game saw: incredible athleticism, high motor, not a great touch on any shot that isn't a dunk, etc. He can get there, he's just not there today.

The message coming out of the G-League combine was Cliff was one of the standouts, hence the snub

Reactions: oncampus
Unless you actually watched the G League camp and can identify someone who shouldn't have made it over Clif, hard to call it a snub based on random tweets.

For example, the heralded 3 pointer he hit was his only basket that game I believe.

Also, it doesn't actually matter.
I don't believe anyone from the G League camp has ever been drafted - even after moving up to the real Combine.

Richie, your comment that he is a legit 6'11" because they play in sneakers and with sneakers on he is a legit 6'11" is hilarious!!!! NO!!!!! he is 6'9", that is how every basketball player, football player is measured, in their bare feet.

Why Rutgers adds 2 inches to the height of every BB player makes them look stupid.

Richie, your comment that he is a legit 6'11" because they play in sneakers and with sneakers on he is a legit 6'11" is hilarious!!!! NO!!!!! he is 6'9", that is how every basketball player, football player is measured, in their bare feet.

Why Rutgers adds 2 inches to the height of every BB player makes them look stupid.

NBA only started actually measuring guys without shoes on a few years ago.

Carsen Edwards was listed at 6-1 at Purdue and in the NBA, and measured 5-11 without shoes.

Kevin Garnett has always been "unofficially" listed as 6'14" according to many NBA people.

My favorite are the guys who don't want the "center/7'0" tall" label.
I've heard Wembayama is a "short" 7'4".
Unfortunately he's not going to the Combine and getting officially measured.

Kevin Garnett has always been "unofficially" listed as 6'14" according to many NBA people.

My favorite are the guys who don't want the "center/7'0" tall" label.
I've heard Wembayama is a "short" 7'4".
Unfortunately he's not going to the Combine and getting officially measured.
Durant didn't want to be seen as a center, so he shaved his height a bit. In sneakers, he probably gets close to 7 ft.

Not surprised. Prolific athlete and dunker. Few moves inside and can't shoot outside, pretty much same as when he got here. I'll probably take a hit for this, but after this amount of time in the program he should be further ahead from a skill standpoint, especially with his athletic ability and willingness to work hard.

Every program in the country does this

Any shot we can get pod recaps in written form after a day or so up. Don’t always have time to listen
You don't have to listen to it all in one sitting. If I'm busy I'll listen in blocks of time of it's a long one.

I've seen Allen Iverson listed as tall as 6'1.
Saw him in person and he could not have been taller than 5'10.
Athletes get bumped up all the time, not sure where you've been all these years.

I know I'm not the only one who read the posts of some of the newer people and noticed they are in attack mode with everyone, including Richie. What gives?
Attack mode? By saying everyone exaggerates on heights in BASKETBALL? Geesh.

Attack mode? By saying everyone exaggerates on heights in BASKETBALL? Geesh.
I'm saying certain posters ( not you) are suddenly questioning vetted info from Richie and other writers/mods who are working OT to bring content to the board. Just because haters disagree suddenly everyone else is wrong in their eyes. This is a board where disagreements are common, but if you track certain posters you'll see a pattern developing. Either they are trolls or are just here to stir up trouble. Some feel entitled.

I'm saying certain posters ( not you) are suddenly questioning vetted info from Richie and other writers/mods who are working OT to bring content to the board. Just because haters disagree suddenly everyone else is wrong in their eyes. This is a board where disagreements are common, but if you track certain posters you'll see a pattern developing. Either they are trolls or are just here to stir up trouble. Some feel entitled.
Got it, sorry I got defensive. If we can't have fun disagreeing, why are we here?
I get what you're saying now.

Saying someone is 6-11 because of shoes is factually incorrect. He’s 6-9.
The NBA just started measuring players without their shoes. Before that, it was with shoes which explains why there was a difference in report height and actual height. Players don't play without shoes. Check the post above in this thread that explains this.

The NBA just started measuring players without their shoes. Before that, it was with shoes which explains why there was a difference in report height and actual height. Players don't play without shoes. Check the post above in this thread that explains this.
Yes, the NBA changed their policy back in 2019 'For the Integrity of the game'. So for integrity sake Cliff is 6'9", to say he is 6'11" is factually incorrect as Final4 stated.
Please name a NBA player that plays in the NBA barefoot
The amount of stupidity in America is truly something to behold. I bet you think Dylan Mulvaney is a woman.

That will be a little bit tough as some of these pods tend to go pretty long, but rest assured all the scoops we get are posted on The Round Table first.
Not to mention that this place would probably go down in flames due to FCC complaints as Richie likes to keep it real with some F bombs. 😃

Reactions: Richie O
NBA only started actually measuring guys without shoes on a few years ago.

Carsen Edwards was listed at 6-1 at Purdue and in the NBA, and measured 5-11 without shoes.
They definitely like to gaudy up the size of players. A friend of mine is 6'2 210. Oklahoma State had him listed as 6'5 220. I was thinking that ain't just exaggerating, they got you listed as a whole different human being 🤣

They definitely like to gaudy up the size of players. A friend of mine is 6'2 210. Oklahoma State had him listed as 6'5 220. I was thinking that ain't just exaggerating, they got you listed as a whole different human being 🤣

Back in the day Schiano had a DB listed at 6’0. I remember standing behind him at practice. Me in running shoes, him in cleats of course. I could see the top of his helmet. I’m legitimately 6’1. No freaking way I can see the top of your helmet even with my eye level.

Everyone does that stuff all the time.
Everyone everywhere is 1-3” shorter than listed height.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT