ADVERTISEMENT

Politi on the Secret to RU's Football Recruiting Success - Trust.

Thank God.
You are in a better place.

The meme that defines Bob:

images

Reactions: RU-AGK
Do you know how old he is (I don't) ?

For the record, I played D1 lacrosse (not for Rutgers) and at this point in my life my hiking puts me ahead of 90% of my peers.
LOL. So far off base. Hiking is less than 10% of what I do. I could crush his pansy ass in any type of cardio, strength exercises, etc. I would not have noticed this but for your reply---thanks!!!

You think Politi is worrying about a fanbase that doesn’t move the needle? Some of us think we are special. We complain about everything and anything especially the price of tickets and parking and let’s not talk about donating to the cause. We don’t show up until the end of the first quarter and we sell out one of the smallest power 5 gyms for one year in a row lol. As a whole we donate squat this fanbase has zero power.
Wait. What?

You mean, I'm... I'm... I'm not special? 😮

• Haha
Reactions: LeapinLou
Joe Calabrese covered Rutgers through some very lean years and did it without being condescending or piling on.
Just a really nice too. I remember traveling to Rhode Island to cover a basketball game for the Targum and both he and Bruce Johnson were just really good guys to the student media.

Reactions: LeapinLou
You think Politi is worrying about a fanbase that doesn’t move the needle? Some of us think we are special. We complain about everything and anything especially the price of tickets and parking and let’s not talk about donating to the cause. We don’t show up until the end of the first quarter and we sell out one of the smallest power 5 gyms for one year in a row lol. As a whole we donate squat this fanbase has zero power.
Who cares what Politi is or isn't worried about?

We are capable of voicing our negative opinion of the reputation of these writers and organizations because of what THEY have done. it has nothing to do with wether we've earned the right by leaving tailgates in time for the opening kickoff or not. I bet Politi has missed opening kickoffs and not even stayed for entire games.

Politi is a Rutgers beat writer.. right? We are his world and he routinely craps all over it.

As unspecial and ordinary as we are.. you take shots are fellow Rutgers fans in order to defend a writer and paper/organization that has done us dirty many times. Hell.. they even plagiarized content and story ideas from this board and probably made up fake accounts to say something here they could then quote in "fans are saying" stories.

heck.. maybe you are one of them.

Bottom line.. Rutgers fans, as ordinary as they are, are why Rutgers is in the Big Ten. While the S-L and NJ.com could have had a positive influence on Rutgers and its fan base over decades to help make it happen, they kept trying to belittle Rutgers and throw hurdles in R way.

F' em.

Last edited:
Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
Who cares what Politi is or isn't worried about?

We are capable of voicing our negative opinion of the reputation of these writers and organizations because of what THEY have done. it has nothing to do with wether we've earned the right by leaving tailgates in time for the opening kickoff or not. I bet Politi has missed opening kickoffs and not even stayed for entire games.

Politi is a Rutgers beat writer.. right? We are his world and he routinely craps all over it.

As unspecial and ordinary as we are.. you take shots are fellow Rutgers fans in order to defend a writer and paper/organization that has done us dirty many times. Hell.. they even plagiarized content and story ideas from this board and probably made up fake accounts to say something here they could then quote in "fans are saying" stories.

heck.. maybe you are one of them.

Bottom line.. Rutgers fans, as ordinary as they are, are why Rutgers is in the Big Ten. While the S-L and NJ.com could have had a positive influence on Rutgers and its fan base over decades to help make it happen, they kept trying to belittle Rutgers and throw hurdles in R way.

F' em.
We are in the Big ten because of where we are located. The fans have absolutely nothing to do with Rutgers being in the Big Ten. Tv sets and eye balls and cable subscriptions is why we are BIG. Get a clue if it was because of fan bases we would be in the patriot league. This fanbase is small time and every measurable shows it. Season ticket sales donations to the school NIL donations. Politi wishes he had something to write about. If he or any other writers came to these boards they would get enough content to write stories on topics such as complaining of ticket prices or why I can’t bring my own bottles of water into the stadium. The concession running out of dollar dogs to sell and god help us if they venture onto the board where the hate is dished out on a daily basis. That board would bring down the entire site.

We are in the Big ten because of where we are located. The fans have absolutely nothing to do with Rutgers being in the Big Ten. Tv sets and eye balls and cable subscriptions is why we are BIG. Get a clue if it was because of fan bases we would be in the patriot league. This fanbase is small time and every measurable shows it. Season ticket sales donations to the school NIL donations. Politi wishes he had something to write about. If he or any other writers came to these boards they would get enough content to write stories on topics such as complaining of ticket prices or why I can’t bring my own bottles of water into the stadium. The concession running out of dollar dogs to sell and god help us if they venture onto the board where the hate is dished out on a daily basis. That board would bring down the entire site.

The leading fan base in the Patriot League is Holy Cross, with an average attendance of 8,300. Try again. I didn't look it up, but they might even complain.

Completely disagree with this. If Politi were a national writer some of your statement may be true. But he is not and the RU fanbase does "move the needle" in his little world. The rest of your rant is also not accurate - We are not Ohio State but we in the BiG and finally getting a full share - RU is moving up in almost every metric.

One last point - you are a sad troll.

WRONG.. we wouldn't even have survived as a football-playing school without the fans we have. And you don't get in the Big Ten without that.. even in this market.

But more to teh original point, the S-L and NJ.com were a hindrance to us and they were so by choice. I repeat, F' em... and anyone who blindly defends them by taking shots at Rutgers fans as well.

The highest comedy in all of this, is that if you were to ask Politi, he'd tell you he himself is an enormous part of Rutgers Football's current trajectory because of his tireless advocating for the return of Schiano. 😆 🤡

Reactions: Knight Shift
Joe Calabrese covered Rutgers through some very lean years and did it without being condescending or piling on.

Just a really nice too. I remember traveling to Rhode Island to cover a basketball game for the Targum and both he and Bruce Johnson were just really good guys to the student media.
He certainly did and he certainly was too.

Cracks me up how ridiculously negative people around here are and have been wrt NJ.com/Ledger. We sucked for a long time and - surprise - they wrote negative stories. Local sportswriters want RU to be good as that means their articles get more attention. And Politi has been on the Schiano bandwagon for a long time. And yes, Greg is on to something this time around, just like last time and it's based on being honest and forthright with recruits, which builds trust, which is a hard thing to do in this business and it appeals to some recruits/players and their families and that's clearly reflected in Greg's building success.
It doesn't explain the hatchet jobs when RU started winning after 2005.

Reactions: MADHAT1
adding this 2008 OTB article condemning the Star Liars coverage of Rutgers

Cracks me up how ridiculously negative people around here are and have been wrt NJ.com/Ledger. We sucked for a long time and - surprise - they wrote negative stories. Local sportswriters want RU to be good as that means their articles get more attention. And Politi has been on the Schiano bandwagon for a long time. And yes, Greg is on to something this time around, just like last time and it's based on being honest and forthright with recruits, which builds trust, which is a hard thing to do in this business and it appeals to some recruits/players and their families and that's clearly reflected in Greg's building success.
Yes all around!

Reactions: Kbee3 and RU848789
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT