ADVERTISEMENT

Politi's Piece On Grant's Return (Link)

RutgersRaRa

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2011
Nothing earth-shattering, but enjoyable nonetheless. There's also an embedded video in the article with the three local sports writers talking about our new coaching hires.

Article

Great news for Grant and RU - as the article said, Grant is now probably Ash's biggest "recruit." Has anyone heard anything about Grant's rehab and if he's expected to be 100%? I know they usually don't comment on such things, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask - looked like a pretty tough injury, live.

Reactions: CCvNYC
Great news for Grant and RU - as the article said, Grant is now probably Ash's biggest "recruit." Has anyone heard anything about Grant's rehab and if he's expected to be 100%? I know they usually don't comment on such things, but figured it couldn't hurt to ask - looked like a pretty tough injury, live.
I've heard it was a pretty cut-and-dry broken ankle (if you can say that about a broken bone) and that he should be 100% by Spring Practice.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Love that Jerry Kill interview embedded in the page. Who wouldn't want to be coached up by this guy. You can immediately see why his teams respond to him so strongly.

Reactions: Scarlet_Scourge
Coverage by them has been good since Hobbs has come on board. Same with Ash. Been tough at times but it has felt fair.

Coverage by them has been good since Hobbs has come on board. Same with Ash. Been tough at times but it has felt fair.

Curious, isn't it? Hire an AD with SHU background and political ties and the Newark newspaper that has been pounding you backs off (becomes even-handed)?

Nothing else has changed.. for the positive. Not the reporters, editors.. not R results..

Curious, isn't it? Hire an AD with SHU background and political ties and the Newark newspaper that has been pounding you backs off (becomes even-handed)?

Nothing else has changed.. for the positive. Not the reporters, editors.. not R results..
Certain results have definitely changed.

Is that really due to an "SHU background" or simply being a competent, well-thought-out-and-prepared leader of an athletic department with political acumen as well?

Is that really due to an "SHU background" or simply being a competent, well-thought-out-and-prepared leader of an athletic department with political acumen as well?

This. I don't think some people really get just how much of an epic fail JH was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT