ADVERTISEMENT

POLL: Favorite 2023 Uniform Combo

What was your favorite uniform combo in 2023?

• Scarlet/Scarlet/White

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Scarlet/White/Scarlet

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Scarlet/Scarlet/Scarlet

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • White/White/White

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • White/Scarlet/White

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Black/Black/Black

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Black/White/Black

Votes: 10 13.7%
  • Scarlet/White/White

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
In the only one who voted for the all Scarlet. Something about these just screams classic Rutgers football
Team345_web.jpg

Who could forget this classic?

G46cEXq.jpg
I think these get a bum rap, but - you're right - they're from an era better left in the rear-view mirror, except as a cautionary tale about the difference between a "nice outfit" and a "good uniform."

I see these, and it takes me right back to Leonte Carroo's girlfriend beating up his side piece in the Hale Center parking lot.

Good times.

Reactions: rubigtimenow
Who could forget this classic?

G46cEXq.jpg
They got screwed by Nike because they wanted Rutgers to wear these unis only Monochrome (All Salmon, All White, All Black). It had potential if they were allowed to mix it up, esp with the Grey helmets with the different colored Block R decals every week. Even better if they added grey pants to the combos.

School colors have It. A nice outfit pops. I know it's exciting looking like a sharp hombre

I asked Bing Chat and Image generator (which really is just chat gpt) :

can you look up the history of rutgers and rutgers football and design a band new football uniform for home games? And describe it so I can pass it to bing image generator

-- after a couple paragraphs on history of Rutgers and Rutgers football.. it said this and seems to have sent the request to Bing Image Generator (Which is Dall-E 3).

**note.. maybe I should have specified they had to be Addidas uniforms

Now, let’s imagine a brand new football uniform for Rutgers home games. The uniform would be a modern take on the traditional scarlet color that represents Rutgers. The jersey would be a vibrant scarlet with white numerals outlined in black, reflecting the university’s rich history and tradition. The helmet would be a glossy scarlet with a black face mask, featuring a stylized ‘R’ logo on each side. The pants would be black, providing a strong contrast with the scarlet jersey. The socks would match the jersey in scarlet, and the cleats would be black with scarlet accents. This design combines the old and the new, symbolizing Rutgers’ storied past and its bright future. I’ll try to create that.

OIG.Vf5rGTeZIdrb08oL70tC

OIG.v_AMF43FoVgv77UVZFim

(interesting.. I think this 3rd one tried to put 1869 on the jersey.. AI has issues with text.. fingers, etc.. but Bing does a decent job of it)
OIG.wKiMB4ihAPKIlEt5FdSz

OIG.5ezp7P8ym0RlqbAuTTXO

Meanwhile.. I also went directly to Bing Image Generator and asked..

"can you look up the history of rutgers and rutgers football and design a band new football uniform for home games?"

And it produced...

OIG.boYUtmTea0GUMYRdOAqd
OIG.VDmo0emU9BroNDUzGfJM
OIG.E9wdfCtoJlkKNks2ohoT
OIG.cbRsSKpFueVS4qjbeJ79

(these were available in full size like above)

Some interesting elements there.

Because there are so many red and white teams in the Big Ten.. I maintain that we should lean into our historical roots.. having been a college during the Revolution and seeing the adoption of the Betsy Ross flag and so on... that we add USA flag Navy Blue into the rotation and have some red white and blue uniform combinations.

After expressing this to Bing Chat it sent this to image generator:

"A football uniform for Rutgers home games featuring Adidas logo and elements of the Betsy Ross flag and the year 1766 or 1869"

And this is one of the 4 images that came back.

OIG.tDjnPhbfXe..a8daGZ7q

I still can't believe Schiano was part of the creation of those uni's. So out of character for him.

I often wonder what would have happened if he was still here when the finished product showed up.

I asked Bing Chat and Image generator (which really is just chat gpt) :

can you look up the history of rutgers and rutgers football and design a band new football uniform for home games? And describe it so I can pass it to bing image generator

-- after a couple paragraphs on history of Rutgers and Rutgers football.. it said this and seems to have sent the request to Bing Image Generator (Which is Dall-E 3).

**note.. maybe I should have specified they had to be Addidas uniforms

Now, let’s imagine a brand new football uniform for Rutgers home games. The uniform would be a modern take on the traditional scarlet color that represents Rutgers. The jersey would be a vibrant scarlet with white numerals outlined in black, reflecting the university’s rich history and tradition. The helmet would be a glossy scarlet with a black face mask, featuring a stylized ‘R’ logo on each side. The pants would be black, providing a strong contrast with the scarlet jersey. The socks would match the jersey in scarlet, and the cleats would be black with scarlet accents. This design combines the old and the new, symbolizing Rutgers’ storied past and its bright future. I’ll try to create that.

OIG.Vf5rGTeZIdrb08oL70tC

OIG.v_AMF43FoVgv77UVZFim

(interesting.. I think this 3rd one tried to put 1869 on the jersey.. AI has issues with text.. fingers, etc.. but Bing does a decent job of it)
OIG.wKiMB4ihAPKIlEt5FdSz

OIG.5ezp7P8ym0RlqbAuTTXO

Meanwhile.. I also went directly to Bing Image Generator and asked..

"can you look up the history of rutgers and rutgers football and design a band new football uniform for home games?"

And it produced...

OIG.boYUtmTea0GUMYRdOAqd
OIG.VDmo0emU9BroNDUzGfJM
OIG.E9wdfCtoJlkKNks2ohoT
OIG.cbRsSKpFueVS4qjbeJ79

(these were available in full size like above)

Some interesting elements there.

Because there are so many red and white teams in the Big Ten.. I maintain that we should lean into our historical roots.. having been a college during the Revolution and seeing the adoption of the Betsy Ross flag and so on... that we add USA flag Navy Blue into the rotation and have some red white and blue uniform combinations.

After expressing this to Bing Chat it sent this to image generator:

"A football uniform for Rutgers home games featuring Adidas logo and elements of the Betsy Ross flag and the year 1766 or 1869"

And this is one of the 4 images that came back.

OIG.tDjnPhbfXe..a8daGZ7q
As you said, elements.

I wouldn’t change much from what we have now other than a few tweaks.

And some of those you came up with incorporate said tweaks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT