ADVERTISEMENT

Poll: Which of these events is most likely?

Which of the following choices would be the most likely re: this week's game vs. Nebraska

• Nebraska wins by 30+ points

Votes: 84 67.2%
  • Rutgers wins the game.

Votes: 29 23.2%
  • Rettig plays meaningful time.

Votes: 4 3.2%
  • RU loss, Flood is fired on Sunday now that RU is ineligible for a bowl

Votes: 8 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Choose one
The problem with this is, Rutgers will probably make a bowl with 5 wins... They're projecting 4-6 teams with a 5-7 record make a bowl... The 5-7 teams will be allocated based on APR. Rutgers has the 12th best. Out of the 11 teams ahead, 2/3 will either have 6+ or 4 wins or less... So yea, Rutgers goes bowling with a 5-7 record... Sad I know... I voted flood is fired anyways because I think we'll never win with him.

The problem with this is, Rutgers will probably make a bowl with 5 wins... They're projecting 4-6 teams with a 5-7 record make a bowl... The 5-7 teams will be allocated based on APR. Rutgers has the 12th best. Out of the 11 teams ahead, 2/3 will either have 6+ or 4 wins or less... So yea, Rutgers goes bowling with a 5-7 record... Sad I know... I voted flood is fired anyways because I think we'll never win with him.

Most projections are saying At absolute best 79 teams will finish with 6-6 or better record. Realistic projections are around 74-76 teams will hit 6 wins. So yea with where we stand, chances are we go bowling with 5 wins. These are the only Teams ahead of us that can finish 5-7... Some of which need to win out...

Teams that can finish 5-7 by APR in order...

Army (2-7)
Boston College (3-7)
Utah State (5-4)
Nebraska (4-6)
Vanderbilt (3-6)
Rutgers (3-6)

Last edited:
He is so nice that he is willing to lie and cheat for his players. Maybe he is so gosh darn nice that he is willing to cover up failed drug tests, i don't know if he is that nice but we will find out how super gosh darn nice he is or isn't when that report is released.

Nebraska beats us by 30 points or more.

I hope that doesn't happen of course.

That poll result is a very sad indication of the direction of this program.

I don't believe he will be fired on Sunday, I really believe that at half time
with the score 49 - 0, he brings in Laviano, then the board of directors
comes out with the announcement, Barchi,Julie and Kyle have been
let go................................ Then I woke up.

Last edited:
How so? I can't see the poll results because I didn't vote. The reason I didn't vote is because there isn't an choice that represents Rutgers losing by less than 30 without Flood being fired.

Just that 71% of our die-hard fans think we are going to lose by 30 at home against a team that might not go bowling either.

Plus I don't see Flood getting fired until after the last game even if it happens.

I think ru winning game most likely . I don't see Nebraska wining by over 30 and those other options won't happen .

It's really between Rutgers winning and Nebraska winning by more than 30, because the other two aren't happening.

Over our last three games, the average score has been 49-11 (averaging a 38 pt loss). If you include all Big Ten games, our average has been 43-19 (averaging a 24 pt loss). If you take out the anomalous Indiana game against one of only two Big Ten team with a scoring defense worse than us (Purdue is the other), our average is 41-12 (averaging a 29 pt loss). We've only held two teams to less than 28 points - Kansas (120th nationally in scoring) and Norfolk St (FCS).

Even though Nebraska has been struggling... I still think a 30 pt loss is more likely than a win, unfortunately. At worst, they're equally likely. I have zero confidence that our defense could stop anyone right now, and the offense hasn't shown me that they're in any way competent these last three games. Special teams can't carry the day.

Just that 71% of our die-hard fans think we are going to lose by 30 at home against a team that might not go bowling either.

Plus I don't see Flood getting fired until after the last game even if it happens.

I don't think the poll results indicate that most of our fans think we will lose by more than 30 points. It is the only option to indicate you think Rutgers loses and don't think Flood gets fired on Sunday.

I see Nebraska beating us by at least 30 points. In a down year Nebraska lost six games by a total of 23pts. This Nebraska team is truly 3 or 4 players away from being a NC caliber team. Look at their recruiting class and who they're going after for next year. They are on the cusp of landing the number 1 LB in the country. By destroying us and upsetting Iowa in their last game of the year gives them a real shot at this kid from California. I guess what I'm trying to say is that Nebraska is playing for something real and not some silly bowl game. A University that supports big time football has different priorities and there lies the fundamental difference between a University that wants a B10 Championship (maybe a shot at a NC) and a school that's content with capturing lightening in a bottle every 10 or 20 years. I'm just trying to be realistic.

Should add option that RU will discover a poop swastika some where on campus and forfeit remaining games to appease anyone that might be slightly offended.

You believe Shea wouldn't know that you would put in Carroo and Rettig in the
same game?

If Terry Shea was here Carroo and Rettig would be playing at some other school.
His recruiting was beyond awful.

I should have made the poll just the top 2 choices....

the fact that 3x the people think its more likely that Rutgers will lose by 30 vs. A rutgers win is all the evidence you need to see... Flood needs to be replaced asap. We are nearing Shea levels in terms of public perception.

Most projections are saying At absolute best 79 teams will finish with 6-6 or better record. Realistic projections are around 74-76 teams will hit 6 wins. So yea with where we stand, chances are we go bowling with 5 wins. These are the only Teams ahead of us that can finish 5-7... Some of which need to win out...

Teams that can finish 5-7 by APR in order...

Army (2-7)
Boston College (3-7)
Utah State (5-4)
Nebraska (4-6)
Vanderbilt (3-6)
Rutgers (3-6)

A 5-7 bowl game with 3 wins over FCS-ranked teams (Kansas, Army, Norfolk St.) would be the most pathetic postseason accolade that has been ever given to a team on any sports level of all time. There isn't a single Rutgers fan that should see this as a big accomplishment, being one of the first 5-7 bowl teams that is guaranteed to end the season with a losing record. It's pathetic.

6 wins or bust.

A 5-7 bowl game with 3 wins over FCS-ranked teams (Kansas, Army, Norfolk St.) would be the most pathetic postseason accolade that has been ever given to a team on any sports level of all time. There isn't a single Rutgers fan that should see this as a big accomplishment, being one of the first 5-7 bowl teams that is guaranteed to end the season with a losing record. It's pathetic.

6 wins or bust.
I don't think we can get to 5 wins with only 3 FBS wins. We would have to have 2 more FBS wins in the remaining 3 games. Amazing how so many look for any way to make us look even worse.

Last edited:
Reactions: KeithK7624

6 wins or bust.
I don't think anyone sees it as an accomplishment, but it would give another 10-15 practices and another game of experience which is massive. Kansas and Army are FBS teams btw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT