ADVERTISEMENT

Post season NCAA tourneys

RUfinal4

Heisman Winner
Apr 24, 2006
We have a few post season tourneys with the NCAA as the top tourney.

I am not a big fan of the Tues / Wed games of the last 8 teams to get in that have a play in game.

I wonder if there is a way where the losers of the 11 or 12 seed play in games become the top seeds of the NIT tourney and the losers of the 16 seed games go to the CBI or CIT tourney.

While technically you are in the main tourney, no one cares as you are not even on the brackets that everyone plays at work. Only die hards even tune in to watch these games.

1 and done in a play in game sucks where worse teams will play 2-3 more games in the NIT and have TV exposure when people actually watch.

And with the RU screw you know when we finally are good enough we will be in the Tuesday game like St Johns was this year.

I'll have to say it isn't the worst idea I have ever seen. 2 losers of the 11/12th seed playoff game get a bye as the 1 seed to the round of 16 and shrink the NIT to 30.

The play-in games should be the last at-larges to get in from the bubble. Winning your conference should mean you’re in. That would also increase the ratings of those first games and make them meaningful instead of right now where they’re just a way to get more “name” teams into the tournament.

Reactions: Hallrj3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT