ADVERTISEMENT

This is a PLAYOFF Team as long as the Quarterback performs

Too easy not to do 🤣🤣

Really excited for this season .

I look forward to physically beating a few teams A$$es

Jim Mora Playoffs GIF
I just hoping we can get to 6 wins going to be tough

We win 8 games or more, and it was the right decision though we should win 10 or more games

Nope - Nick is right. There’s an underlying narrative in what you are posting to try to give yourself space to argue that Gavin woud’ve / could’ve had as much if not more success if he remained at RU because AK has a better surrounding cast. Listen to what our coach is saying. He’s not looking for AK to make passes that require fancy Caroo-like receptions. The focus is going to be on completing the simple, shorter passes in stride so that our receivers can pick up yards after. It is certainly the case that we have a speedier receiver corp this year - but no matter how great you think Gavin was at running, there’s simply no argument that having speedier receivers would’ve helped Gavin in this department. The issue was that he threw the ball way too hard in the flats or behind his receiver where they could not make the reception upright in stride. Being fast only helps if you can make those throws in stride and give your receivers a chance to stay on their feet. The one time Gavin did that against Temple, Benjamin brought the ball into the end zone. The lack of yards after reception last year was almost entirely on the QB play. I don’t see how anyone can deny this.

Nope - Nick is right. There’s an underlying narrative in what you are posting to try to give yourself space to argue that Gavin woud’ve / could’ve had as much if not more success if he remained at RU because AK has a better surrounding cast. Listen to what our coach is saying. He’s not looking for AK to make passes that require fancy Caroo-like receptions. The focus is going to be on completing the simple, shorter passes in stride so that our receivers can pick up yards after. It is certainly the case that we have a speedier receiver corp this year - but no matter how great you think Gavin was at running, there’s simply no argument that having speedier receivers would’ve helped Gavin in this department. The issue was that he threw the ball way too hard in the flats or behind his receiver where they could not make the reception upright in stride. Being fast only helps if you can make those throws in stride and give your receivers a chance to stay on their feet. The one time Gavin did that against Temple, Benjamin brought the ball into the end zone. The lack of yards after reception last year was almost entirely on the QB play. I don’t see how anyone can deny this.
Gavin threw slants well and hit Dremel in stride on this throw.

Last year we had a QB that could not pass the ball. Way too many over the headers to receivers who were there to catch a proper pass.
Our opponents knew they could pretty much count on this. All we need is a guy who plays it smart and takes what the defenses are giving us. Our running game will move the ball well and smart passing will keep the defenses honest. Looong possessions will lead to wins.

Gavin threw slants well and hit Dremel in stride on this throw.

Your missing the point. You have to dig to find / think of simple throws that were well thrown which gave a receiver an opportunity for yards after. I’m not trying to say Gavin “never” did it. The only memorable one for me though was that early TD pass early on because it sparked hope for him. He just missed so many of those bunnies though. Perhaps he’ll figure it out at UK, but the point is that unless this happens, his ceiling as a starting QB is extremely low. If Jay Patel doesn’t hit that 47 yarder vs Michigan State (never mind all their unforced errors), 7-6 could’ve easily been 5-7. And the main reason is because of those drive sucking misses in the short game. So many of them.

Your missing the point. You have to dig to find / think of simple throws that were well thrown which gave a receiver an opportunity for yards after. I’m not trying to say Gavin “never” did it. The only memorable one for me though was that early TD pass early on because it sparked hope for him. He just missed so many of those bunnies though. Perhaps he’ll figure it out at UK, but the point is that unless this happens, his ceiling as a starting QB is extremely low. If Jay Patel doesn’t hit that 47 yarder vs Michigan State (never mind all their unforced errors), 7-6 could’ve easily been 5-7. And the main reason is because of those drive sucking misses in the short game. So many of them.
Gavin wasn’t perfect, but at the end of the day, we won 7 games thx to Kyle and his efforts. Something we hadn’t done in 9 years.

Translating the OP:

The games that Al says are 50/50 are games that we will be dogs in (based on preseason expectations). We will also be a dog in the VT game. Then we have 50/50s in Washington, Maryland, Mn. Hopes for a 10 win season are great, expectations are dumb.

This might be our best WR corps ever, but we won't know that until the end of the year. We have had numerous teams that had multiple NFL WRs that played. So statements like that are typical Al silliness.

We do have a lot going for us, and the program made a big bet on Athan. So taking a big step DOES mostly rely on him performing. That much is I totally agree with.

Translating the OP:

The games that Al says are 50/50 are games that we will be dogs in (based on preseason expectations). We will also be a dog in the VT game. Then we have 50/50s in Washington, Maryland, Mn. Hopes for a 10 win season are great, expectations are dumb.

This might be our best WR corps ever, but we won't know that until the end of the year. We have had numerous teams that had multiple NFL WRs that played. So statements like that are typical Al silliness.

We do have a lot going for us, and the program made a big bet on Athan. So taking a big step DOES mostly rely on him performing. That much is I totally agree with.
Washington is not 50/50 because they have to rebuild their entire team. The biggest reasons Maryland beat us in recent seasons have graduated, most notably Taulia Tagavoiloa.

Sure we may have had a few NFL prospects in the past. This year, we’ve got at least 5 kids who have a good chance to play Sundays imo:

• Dymere Miller
  • Christian Dremel
  • Ian Strong
  • Famah Toure
  • Korey Duff

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT