ADVERTISEMENT

Post season?

RUich

Heisman Winner
Aug 2, 2001
Looking at some of the predictions here, the question comes up about going to the CBI "if we want it".
I think any possibility of playing after the end of the regular season is a positive and should be taken.
Anyone think otherwise?

Looking at some of the predictions here, the question comes up about going to the CBI "if we want it".
I think any possibility of playing after the end of the regular season is a positive and should be taken.
Anyone think otherwise?
Money is often the deciding factor. It costs a lot to open the area or send the team around the country for a tournament that creates little revenue.

Normally I am not a fan of CBI. But after such a long post-season drought, I think there is a benefit to rewarding the team (and fans) with some sort of post season play. I am certainly hoping the reward is NCAA, or at least NIT. But CBI is still better than nothing.

A lot of you seem to be forgetting that we got a CBI invite after last season and we turned it down. The opportunity to play 3 more games against mediocre to bad competition isn’t worth the cost, not to mention you the possibility of a loss to a downright embarrassing opponent (see WVU getting blown out by Coastal Carolina at home last year).

A lot of you seem to be forgetting that we got a CBI invite after last season and we turned it down. The opportunity to play 3 more games against mediocre to bad competition isn’t worth the cost, not to mention you the possibility of a loss to a downright embarrassing opponent (see WVU getting blown out by Coastal Carolina at home last year).

I forgot about that. Supposedly we turned it down due to injuries and the team being gassed by the end of the season. But at least I was consistent, saying I wanted the CBI last March too.

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/threads/fwiw-ru-was-invited-but-turned-down-cbi.164761/

If CBI is going to be an option we need to get marketing department out in front with season ticket holders paying for all games. I just don't know if there is enough interest and you end up playing in a 2/3 empty building and end up losing a bunch of money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT