ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball PREVIEW/LIVE THREAD: Rutgers Basketball versus Iowa Part II

Funny how people want Pike to get a tech for yelling at the refs when we get hosed but hate a other coach for doing it. If Pike isn't going to, why are people so against another coach doing it. Someone should and it finally happened.
Another coach doing it wont get the refs attention. Very odd though that a coach has enough balls to even speak up after already getting one tech

Maybe but he needs to keep his mouth shut. Strength coaches shouldn’t cost you points
Agreed
But for him to step out like that shows how egregious the ref calls were
And if they continued to call the game that way we had no chance
That said needs to be disciplined

• Haha
Reactions: cohawk and tm_nj
Funny how people want Pike to get a tech for yelling at the refs when we get hosed but hate a other coach for doing it. If Pike isn't going to, why are people so against another coach doing it. Someone should and it finally happened.
Well when the head coach does it it lights a fire under your team and helps you but if it’s another coach it costs you points

duh?

• Haha
Reactions: Scangg
Ultimately, we lost this game because we couldn't shoot and play defense. With that said, the all too familiar officiating crew really _cked us today when the foul shooting discrepancy is more than 15 FT's. You know an officiating crew lost control when they call 6--count-em 6 technicals. In all the decades I've played and watched basketball, I've NEVER seen an officiating crew lose control like that.

That T should have been on Pike. He was the one going at the ref after Cliff was obviously fouled. Not the trainer. We didn't lose because of the refs but they didn't help. And BAC, love your posts, but there is a middle ground. Paul didn't say a peep on the last double tech.

Honestly the box score is relatively equal outside of the free throws.

I do think Iowa outplayed us, but that’s a fvcking joke.

Bo seriously does need to be investigated and Hobbs needs to file a formal complaint against him. This isn’t a new thing.

Does anyone else think Hobbs should have waited until immediately after the season to extend Pike...or not extend it unitl after the season....but after the season
Bet you could not wait to post this. Now regarding your question……….Pike earned every cent of the extension. Losing by 10 to a team that we basically were playing 8 on 5. We lost to arguable the hottest team in the nation.

Reactions: dbegleiter
I LOVE HOW WE WENT OUT HERE.

LOVE IT.
Me too - fight to the end. And 84-74 is a lot better than 84-68. Iowa was the better team today and deserved to win, but this was not a fairly reffed game (and I only complain about reffing on occasion) and if it had been fairly reffed, this is a much closer game that Iowa maybe wins by 5-6.

Bottom line, they have better and more consistent shooters. Their stars shined today. And they don’t miss foul shots.

There wouldn't have been 6 technicals if the refs just called the two on Iowa without the mandatory make good on the other team. Good forbid we got to shoot some.

Reactions: Loyal_2RU
They probably would have beaten us fair and square, but we will never know with the one sided officiating

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT